Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Foes Meet Again - ASU vs ACU Game Thread

After some rough transitioning, we are clicking again as a team and as a program. I always remember our games would make me nervous in the past. I look forward to a great game this weekend. Watcha guys got for us come Saturday????

Re: Old Foes Meet Again - ASU vs ACU Game Thread

Originally posted by Outsider View Post
    After some rough transitioning, we are clicking again as a team and as a program. I always remember our games would make me nervous in the past. I look forward to a great game this weekend. Watcha guys got for us come Saturday????
    Not much. Most of our players liked the OR weather so much they refused to come back till it cools off. Guess you guys will be playing our RSs and squad members.

Comment

Except for game time, I wouldn't mind some R&R in OR either :laugh:

Comment

Wow, I heard there was going to be a big ASU crowd at the game Saturday. With the crickets here I don't think that will be the case.........

Comment

Our Alumni Association always tailgates at one out of town game for our Alumni base and this is the game that we are doing the tailgate at this year. I know our band and cheerleaders are coming as well as (hopefully) more people. My family is in charge of the food for the tailgate, and we were told to plan for about 250 students (includes band/cheerleaders) and then we are planning food for about 150-200 more. Don't know if we will have that many or not, but I do know that the food will be delicious! If y'all are interested, we will be tailgating by the Intramural fields on 16th & Judge Ely. Food will be ready about 3. Pulled pork and brisket street tacos. BYOB, because that "Almost Christian University" may not be so friendly with the beverages!

We will be there all day and have other college games on the TV, stop by and say hi. But be forewarned, my mother isn't a huge fan of the color purple or the ACU bunch! But the rest of us should be friendly!

Comment

For ASU... a word of advice... prepare thy anus.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
              Our Alumni Association always tailgates at one out of town game for our Alumni base and this is the game that we are doing the tailgate at this year. I know our band and cheerleaders are coming as well as (hopefully) more people. My family is in charge of the food for the tailgate, and we were told to plan for about 250 students (includes band/cheerleaders) and then we are planning food for about 150-200 more. Don't know if we will have that many or not, but I do know that the food will be delicious! If y'all are interested, we will be tailgating by the Intramural fields on 16th & Judge Ely. Food will be ready about 3. Pulled pork and brisket street tacos. BYOB, because that "Almost Christian University" may not be so friendly with the beverages!

We will be there all day and have other college games on the TV, stop by and say hi. But be forewarned, my mother isn't a huge fan of the color purple or the ACU bunch! But the rest of us should be friendly!
              That's better :) I wish we had better tailgating areas other than the opposite side of the campus. I know it isn't that far to walk, but is does make it a little less appealing for tailgating. I know that there were lots of issues with having large amounts of people crossing back and forth across Ambler (and not with just the school). We were hoping they would build parking in the fields there across Ambler next to the stadium but those plans got crushed as well. Eventually that area will become developed anyway. I really do hope there is a big ASU crowd at the game. We look forward to having you!

Comment

Why do you think they put you by the intramural fields? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                  For ASU... a word of advice... prepare thy anus.
                  I think it will be a lot closer than you expect. ACU coming off of Baylor looking forward the vaunted Southland schedule, could be a trap week. Also, our HC knows the style of play and things that the ACU staff likes to run after being on staff together at NWMSU.

I would be surprised if it got out of hand.

Comment

We aren't looking past the ASU game to SLC play so much we are going to take you guys for granted, but we may use it to play extra players. We did that even during the Baylor game. We know you guys will give us a game. The realities of division differences are still there. The same problems we faced playing Baylor, ASU will face playing us. We know all too well the differences between DI and DII play, as well as the differences between FCS and FBS play. We have been through it. ASU could still come up and beat us just like we went down and beat TX State when they were FCS, or Troy when we were transitioning. Still, the depth, speed and size differences are real. The coaches know each other's style, but execution still faces reality. If we do come out unprepared and make mistakes, this will be a long game for us. If we stay prepared and focused it very well could get semi-out of hand. The thing about Dorrel is he doesn't really allow his team to lose focus like KC did, which is a big reason why KC is gone. (It wasn't just the W-L record.) What I expect is for ASU to make this a very fun and respectable game.

Comment

I think it will be a lot closer than you expect. ACU coming off of Baylor looking forward the vaunted Southland schedule, could be a trap week. Also, our HC knows the style of play and things that the ACU staff likes to run after being on staff together at NWMSU.

That does go both ways though. I don't know how much of a trap game it'll be considering how bad we've been recently, we haven't been good enough to justify looking past anybody. I think Dorrel will have our guys grounded and ready to play, although we are human and the players are 18-21 year olds so who knows. I want to be fair to Angelo as they do have some things helping them, like their good defense, their experienced OL plus ACU will also be playing a bunch of young guys since there's that new redshirt rule this year whereas ASU will probably try to keep in their starters as much as possible. Some things on ACU's side is they will have superior depth and athletes, it's at home and our offense looked great in the Baylor game. I think it'll be close for maybe the 1st half before ACU's depth let's them pull away. I definitely don't think it'll be 60-0 but it wouldn't surprise me if ACU handily.

Comment

Last edited by catatonic; 09-05-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

But be forewarned, my mother isn't a huge fan of the color purple or the ACU bunch! But the rest of us should be friendly!
                          I cannot imagine your mother being unfriendly. If we make it Saturday, I will stop by just to watch her be unfriendly.

Comment

The Rams will also have to go up against the SLC Refs! If there is not a conference who looks after their own, especially when "playing down", it's the SLC!

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                              I cannot imagine your mother being unfriendly. If we make it Saturday, I will stop by just to watch her be unfriendly.
                              Show up wearing an ACU shirt and see how she acts towards ya!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X