Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Old Foes Meet Again - ASU vs ACU Game Thread

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I will say, we did have an excellent experience tailgating up at ACU. The police staff and grounds crew were top notch. They both went out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of and had everything that we would need. The new stadium is very nice and well done. It will be even nicer when the new football facility gets built on the south end of the stadium which will close it in and provide another scoreboard (that is my only knock on the stadium). Not having a track is huge! I hadn't ever been to a lower level college game that didn't have a track around the field so it isn't that big of a deal to me at ASU, but having watched a game from that close, if the funds are available that should always be the course of action! Quality in game stuff to keep your attention but not overpowering. The video board quality is so good that I found myself often watching the plays on there when the action was on the other end of the field.

If it weren't for the rain during tailgate and the outcome, it would have been a perfect day.
    I agree with the comments on the stadium. I too found myself watching the video board for plays across the field. That being said, I think the actual screen size on the video board is about the same as the one that was just installed at Angelo State. The ACU one looks bigger because of the frame around theirs (which makes it look very nice.)

The visiting locker room and facilities were pretty nice too compared to others around the D2 world. All in all a very nice stadium. I wonder how close it will be to what WT is building?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X