Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP AD Steve Roach Named TAMUK AD

http://www.javelinaathletics.com/new...ingsville.aspx

Looks like a good hire to move the FOOTBALL PROGRAM forward, especially if this season ends up being much better than most of us Javelina supporters thought it would and some momentum can certainly be built on it. IUP did just fine in that sport under his leadership and I'm pleased Doc Tallant notes his experience with facility improvements being a key reason he was hired.

Let's get to work!

Re: IUP AD Steve Roach Named TAMUK AD

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    http://www.javelinaathletics.com/new...ingsville.aspx

Looks like a good hire to move the FOOTBALL PROGRAM forward, especially if this season ends up being much better than most of us Javelina supporters thought it would and some momentum can certainly be built on it. IUP did just fine in that sport under his leadership and I'm pleased Doc Tallant notes his experience with facility improvements being a key reason he was hired.

Let's get to work!
    The biggest question.....will the new President be a "football guy"?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      The biggest question.....will the new President be a "football guy"?
      True!

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
        True!
        At ASU it has been much more about Dr. May than any AD. He has done SOOO much for ASU sports, especially football.

I just can not say enough good about Dr. May. Best thing that happened to ASU. All positive feelings I have for ASU are because of him (And a few very dedicated alum).

You would be lucky if you get a Pres. anywhere near as dedicated as Brian May.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          At ASU it has been much more about Dr. May than any AD. He has done SOOO much for ASU sports, especially football.

I just can not say enough good about Dr. May. Best thing that happened to ASU. All positive feelings I have for ASU are because of him (And a few very dedicated alum).

You would be lucky if you get a Pres. anywhere near as dedicated as Brian May.
          Doc Tallant has done a ton of good stuff during his tenure as TAMUK's President. The campus has transformed with new construction, enrollment has skyrocketed, new degree programs, etc. and many of us will be sad to see him leave in December.

In regards to football, I can't figure out why it got lost in the shuffle as far as intangibles it needs to remain fully competitive other than maybe the thought was tradition would pull us out of the rut as it did in the past whenever we would have two or three year down turn. The way I see it, they should of adapted to the changes much like grocery store chain adapts whenever a competitor decides to expand into their market or when one that is already in their market decides to rebrand or refresh themselves with new stores, etc. It used to be down here HEB could ignore everyone else, but now they can't thanks to Wal Mart and Target and a few others who have stuck around and can match them price wise or with different products. Now HEB has to adapt and you can tell when one of the others is making a big move because they get busy remodeling stores and offering new things like curbside pickup or delivery. You have discussed it before and you are correct...... Kids and fans (includes Alums) like to see bling whether we like it or not. That's the era we live in and we are not going back to the day like noted above.

Hopefully the game against Commerce is a good indication the play on the field is going to be much, much better this year and that can be used as a catalyst by the new leadership to get something off the ground to improve our facilities. I'm ready to contribute, I just want to see a plan.
          Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-06-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X