Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 - 2018 Attendance Numbers

Had some spare time today, thought I'd give Javelin Alum an assist.

Re: Week 2 - 2018 Attendance Numbers

The weather I believe was a factor for Midwestern. I think if the threat for rain would've passed in the morning then we would've pushed the 10K threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
      The weather I believe was a factor for Midwestern. I think if the threat for rain would've passed in the morning then we would've pushed the 10K threshold.
      I figured as much, after seeing the flooding photos from around town.

Comment

Someone from William Jewell said that they got sacked by the sock drawer deal - most of their fans accidentally scheduled rearranging their sock drawer at the same date and time.

Should be better next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
          Someone from William Jewell said that they got sacked by the sock drawer deal - most of their fans accidentally scheduled rearranging their sock drawer at the same date and time.

Should be better next week.
          I was at the game. The attendance was not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            I was at the game. The attendance was not good.
            I would think playing DII NC would draw some people. That's EMBARRASSING to say the least.

Comment

Thank You BJ Hawk!! Nice Going. Wish I could post a picture of the Javelina Student Section, we had a nice sized crowd, it was fun putting up 52!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelina Alum View Post
                Thank You BJ Hawk!! Nice Going. Wish I could post a picture of the Javelina Student Section, we had a nice sized crowd, it was fun putting up 52!
                It's the alumni/home side that has been lacking the last several years. The bleachers look completely empty and that's the side that's shown on our feed. We've lost a lot of people on the "reserved" side.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                  It's the alumni/home side that has been lacking the last several years. The bleachers look completely empty and that's the side that's shown on our feed. We've lost a lot of people on the "reserved" side.
                  It will look much more full when HOGSVRR shows up for a game.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

A lot of Alumni and others sit on the other side too. I used to have reserved tickets years ago, but I gave them up so I could sit on the other side behind the team.

Sadly a lot of the reserved section were old timers going back years who have either passed on or no longer able to go to the games. Winning will possibly bring some new people into the stadium as well as others who have opted to do something else on Saturday evenings in the fall. Let's hope a resurgence is in progress right now and is long term this time around.

Comment

old age & death does that.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        old age & death does that.
                        99% of the Reserve Side old blue-haired church ladies that apparently did not condone my enthusiastic behavior are now gonners.

Hardly anyone points toward me, clutches their pearls, nor prays for me; I can't remember the last time that someone called security on me. The last time I saw one of those old geezers attempt to chunk a tortilla unto the field, he fell backwards and hurt himself.

Hell, that was part of the fun going to the Javelina Football games.

BTW, we suck big time and there is no hope.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                          99% of the Reserve Side old blue-haired church ladies that apparently did not condone my enthusiastic behavior are now gonners.

Hardly anyone points toward me, clutches their pearls, nor prays for me; I can't remember the last time that someone called security on me. The last time I saw one of those old geezers attempt to chunk a tortilla unto the field, he fell backwards and hurt himself.

Hell, that was part of the fun going to the Javelina Football games.

BTW, we suck big time and there is no hope.
                          Hahahahaha. Back in form I see.

I heard you may be dyeing your hair blue soon and toting a bible to the games. The circle of life?

Ya may wanna get the sand out your shoes once the bags are filled.

Comment

I would think playing DII NC would draw some people. That's EMBARRASSING to say the least.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X