• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarleton FB Player arrested

http://thelscscoop.blogspot.com

Re: Tarleton FB Player arrested

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
    I looked at the first game with DSU, his name does not show any stats and is not present on the participation list. Looks like the school is doing what they think is right. He is still on their online roster.

Comment

Too bad he isn't a basketball player, probably wouldn't have made the news. Would have been swept under the rug!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        Too bad he isn't a basketball player, probably wouldn't have made the news. Would have been swept under the rug!
        Or the local sheriff would have served the warrant the day after the LAST game of the season. I bet the football coach wishes he was the AD so he could get those extra perks!

Comment

So, your saying if it was a basketball player the coach would run interference Art Briles style!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            So, your saying if it was a basketball player the coach would run interference Art Briles style!
            It's happened before. Several years ago, a warrant was issued for a BB player. It was 2 or 3 months (the day after BB season ended) that the sheriff served the warrant and arrested the player

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
              It's happened before. Several years ago, a warrant was issued for a BB player. It was 2 or 3 months (the day after BB season ended) that the sheriff served the warrant and arrested the player
              Unbelievable how many Tech players have been arrested during Tubby/KK era. I guess it just permeates college athletics.

Comment

Proof? Lonn has stepped down as Basketball coach... just AD now.

Comment

This is sorta true.

Several years ago, a basketball player was arrested a day or two after the season ended for burglary. I believe he was our starting point guard if I remember correctly. There is no proof Reisman delayed the arrest but there is massive speculation he did.

Comment

Reading this thread is like an argument with the wife. Always bringing up old a$$ sh!t from the PAST.

She hates when I do that! LOL ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      Reading this thread is like an argument with the wife. Always bringing up old a$$ sh!t from the PAST.

She hates when I do that! LOL ;)
                      That damn Rolodex memory always comes back around and bites you in the a$$.

Comment

This comment was tongue in cheek...don't know how accurate it is today, but according a family member who works really closely with the DA's office, this sort of stuff happened all of the time. The sheriff and Lonn were good buddies and the sheriff did all he could to make sure that the basketball program was harmed a little as possible.

Again, don't know if that is still the case since Lonn is just the AD now, but for a period of time, the hiding or delaying of charges happened more than one would think. (All of that to say, I'm sure TSU isn't the only program that has some help keeping an image cleaner than it really is)

Comment

This comment was tongue in cheek...don't know how accurate it is today, but according a family member who works really closely with the DA's office, this sort of stuff happened all of the time. The sheriff and Lonn were good buddies and the sheriff did all he could to make sure that the basketball program was harmed a little as possible.

Again, don't know if that is still the case since Lonn is just the AD now, but for a period of time, the hiding or delaying of charges happened more than one would think. (All of that to say, I'm sure TSU isn't the only program that has some help keeping an image cleaner than it really is)
                          Is it just me or does it feel like Tarleton is finally starting to put football as THE SPORT since hiring Whitten, Lonn retirement, and the stadium renovations? I really can't remember TSU being a football school even though it would appear that all the tools are there to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Is it just me or does it feel like Tarleton is finally starting to put football as THE SPORT since hiring Whitten, Lonn retirement, and the stadium renovations? I really can't remember TSU being a football school even though it would appear that all the tools are there to be one.
                            I think they are trying to make the jump to D1 and that is the major holdup, their football program. They are investing some money now so that when the move happens they don't have all of that expense at once. Just my .02

Comment

I think they are trying to make the jump to D1 and that is the major holdup, their football program. They are investing some money now so that when the move happens they don't have all of that expense at once. Just my .02
                              Plus some Alumni probably wanted to know why we were floundering in mediocrity with Foul Up...I mean Fowler

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X