Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT vs TSU

I haven't noticed much discussion on this game. I'm pretty sure Tarleton should be heavily favored. From watching WT through 2 games, the defense is pretty stout in spurts but seems to let off the gas on some drives. The 2nd half of last weeks game they seemed to just let OPSU go down the field at will on a couple of drives and not play aggressively. The offense is better than last year, but has not had much consistency in either game. Not sure what to expect in game 3, they threw the ball 39 times in game 1 and only 18 in game 2. In my opinion they need to open up the playbook and let Hood get in a rhythm or the run game won't be effective against quality opposition. Tarleton would appear to be loaded this year based off of game 1. It would've been nice to have a 2nd game to go off of. I hope WT can keep it close, but I'm not sure what to expect really.

Does anybody see WT having a shot?

Re: WT vs TSU

I think they have a shot. Most definitely. They need more consistency, especially with downfield throws and running the ball. Saw some good throws down the field last week.

Comment

I have seen the 2deep for WT and the first thing I see on defense is a lack of size. Your biggest lineman is 260 and your LB is 220.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post
          I think they have a shot. Most definitely. They need more consistency, especially with downfield throws and running the ball. Saw some good throws down the field last week.
          Hood definitely has a good arm and made some good throws last week. Several of his incompletions were right on the money and simply dropped by the receiver. Will be interesting to see how they replace Vallo? Both Blair and Bailey are really small backs; I'm wondering if a freshman will get a shot to run some. Back at the last scrimmage, Jordan Johnson told me he thought he would miss the first 2 games and then would be back. It would be a good week to get him back.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
            I have seen the 2deep for WT and the first thing I see on defense is a lack of size. Your biggest lineman is 260 and your LB is 220.
            D line is definitely on the smaller side. There is only one player in the rotation listed over 260 and he is listed at 290 but I think that is a stretch. It will be a lot of the same rotation as last year without Perdue at noseguard.

Comment

A lot of blitzing or just straight pressure from the D line?

Comment

WT has a bit of an injury situation. I think we may have as many as 4 starters out. Still, that's part of the game. Next man up.

I think it'll be somewhere in the range of TSU 31 WT 17.

Key: the WT offense MUST move the ball, sustain drives, and not turn it over. Too many 3 and outs and it could be a long night if our D wears down.
                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-14-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  WT need keep the offense on the field, and the defense mixing it up. And not be predictable. If they can get a few turnovers, they could be in it in the fourth quarter. I plan on being at the game early,and maybe meet up with some of you

Comment

Originally posted by Little squirrel View Post
                    WT need keep the offense on the field, and the defense mixing it up. And not be predictable. If they can get a few turnovers, they could be in it in the fourth quarter. I plan on being at the game early,and maybe meet up with some of you
                    Go to tailgating. I'll be driving one pf the Buffalo Club hospitality carts. At the entrance to the Buffalo Club tailgating area. Stop by and introduce yourself.

Comment

I was going to watch the SFA game, but of course it got rained out. I do remember one of Delta posters stating TSU was rushing 5 or more on every down. But, this was after TSU had built a lead and probably guessed pass on every down.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        I was going to watch the SFA game, but of course it got rained out. I do remember one of Delta posters stating TSU was rushing 5 or more on every down. But, this was after TSU had built a lead and probably guessed pass on every down.
                        We play a 4-2-5 with one of the D ends playing in a stand up mode so it looks like we are blitzing more than we actually do. It kinda looks like a 3-3-5.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                          We play a 4-2-5 with one of the D ends playing in a stand up mode so it looks like we are blitzing more than we actually do. It kinda looks like a 3-3-5.
                          Thanks. The line seems to be much improved in pass blocking but I'm not convinced in the run blocking this year so far. Guess we will see tonight.

Comment

Thanks. The line seems to be much improved in pass blocking but I'm not convinced in the run blocking this year so far. Guess we will see tonight.

Comment

I think you will see WT try and switch it up on offense, with using the TE more. And if they can run the football it will open up the middle of the field for TE and then for the WR. It all on the offense line.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X