Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pueblo @ Commerce

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
    Pueblo showed up to play big boy football it appears.
    Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      I think Commerces defense is better than Pueblos, mainly cause this group has been together and played on the big stage last year. I also think Pueblos offense is a bigger liability than Commerces. Commerce defense has the speed to close gaps and keep runs to short gains, while the athletes they have on offense are good enough to dink and dunk the ball down the field.

21-10 Commerce.

Do you still think that TAMC's defense is better than CSUP's? Pups held TAMC to 41 yards rushing. And do you still think CSUP's offense is a bigger liability given TAMC's speed in the gaps? Pups scored a couple of TDs.

From the outcome, it looks like it was the other way around. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
        Do you still think that TAMC's defense is better than CSUP's? Pups held TAMC to 41 yards rushing. And do you still think CSUP's offense is a bigger liability given TAMC's speed in the gaps? Pups scored a couple of TDs.

From the outcome, it looks like it was the other way around. :wink:
        Defensively yes i do, Commerce' offense is terrible, it was terrible BEFORE they played Pueblo.

Its still the same defense that won a natty last year. Not the same offense. And if you know the Carthels you know rushing yards are of no concern to them, they like the spread. Wing it and fling it.

Commerce turned the ball over 5 times, pueblo only managed 23 points, most teams that turn the ball over that many times loose by way way more.

Pueblo had 3.6 yards per play on 84 plays

Commerce 3.2 yards per play on 56 plays.

Pueblo played very well, both defenses are very good. Enjoy the season!
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Defensively yes i do, Commerce' offense is terrible, it was terrible BEFORE they played Pueblo.

Its still the same defense that won a natty last year. Not the same offense. And if you know the Carthels you know rushing yards are of no concern to them, they like the spread. Wing it and fling it.

Commerce turned the ball over 5 times, pueblo only managed 23 points, most teams that turn the ball over that many times loose by way way more.

Pueblo NEVER loses two games in a row

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
            Pueblo NEVER loses two games in a row
            well this might be like losing to WT or Ft lewis for commerce?

ps i have grown to like Pueblo. I like defense and running the ball. good luck!
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

It's not the same defense though, a Pueblo offense was able to be conservative and without their most explosive player and put up over 300 yards. It was the Pueblo offense Pack fans hate.

Pueblo turned the ball over that many times in week one and won by 40+... they are as good as they want to be.

Wing it and fling it led to under 200 yards and no TDs. Didn't get to watch much beyond games this morning but it appears Commerce was exposed, the issues go beyond the inaccurate but accurate but throws too high QB.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Well, we got the Natty. 2 in a row with the turnover we had was a tall order anyway. Hopefully they figure something out, its only week 4.

Comment

You are what you are by week 4. I would say by week 2. If you don't want to admit that then you likely also think overthrown passes aren't inaccurate.

Comment

Several times on this board I stated an average coach can win with GREAT talent, but a GREAT coach can win with average talent.

Comment

• Re: Pueblo @ Commerce

Hoping all those banged up yesterday heal quickly, especially the Commerce back who got knocked out. Lower body injuries are easy to take care of, concussions sometimes not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Several times on this board I stated an average coach can win with GREAT talent, but a GREAT coach can win with average talent.

I see this applicable with many high school programs across the state. Especially in the lower classifications were the talent pool is much less plentiful.

Comment

• Re: Pueblo @ Commerce

Originally posted by lsc fan View Post
                          i see this applicable with many high school programs across the state. Especially in the lower classifications were the talent pool is much less plentiful.
                          absolutely!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X