Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarleton at Angelo

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
    I remember when said cannon knocked out a light bank and delayed the game with MSU a few years ago.
    They moved it to the other end after that. That is actually their small cannon. If the brought out the big one I think it would knock out the windows in the gym.

I've heard it set off car alarms across the street from the fort.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
      Final score

Tarleton 54
      ASU 33

Some thoughts after returning from the game.

Score is closer than the game. Angelo score two touchdowns at the end of the game. Tarleton dominated the game from beginning to end. We are pretty good.

Very nice stadium. Need to work on getting folks into the stadium and the concession stand. Really liked the big scoreboard.

I entered the stadium and purchased my tickets at the end closest to the basketball facility on the visitior side. At ten minutes to kickoff and we are next to purchase tickets, two buses pull up and the Tarleton Football team gets off of them and walks past us. The players are all dressed but walk into the back end of the basketball gym with Coach Whitten leading them. And then come out a few minutes later and play the game. What is this? No visitor dressing room at the new stadium?
      Lots of D2 stadiums do not have visitor dressing facilities "at" the stadium.

At ASU visiting team dresses at the baseball vistor dressing room.

Comment

Will was secondary coach at a very successful D2 program and coaches the secondary at ASU. One would think we would have a decent secondary.

Will cannot recruit a QB.

TSU OL was brutal. Last year they were fat and slow but it appears that TSU's offseason program has done wonders. Downside for Tarleton is that their behavior is going to cost them big time against a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          Will was secondary coach at a very successful D2 program and coaches the secondary at ASU. One would think we would have a decent secondary.

Will cannot recruit a QB.

TSU OL was brutal. Last year they were fat and slow but it appears that TSU's offseason program has done wonders. Downside for Tarleton is that their behavior is going to cost them big time against a good team.
          You have a valid point about their behavior, They are averaging over 100 yards in penalties each game. That could cost them.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            TSU beat the stuffing out of Angelo State. 54-33

I thought TSU would win, but not like this.

Comment

Consistency will get respect.

Tarleton prior to this has had loads of jc and d1 transfer talent, but due to a lack of chemistry and discipline they end up with disappointing seasons. Tarleton is 4-0 and have beaten every team they have faced handily, but their competition has for the most been pretty light.
              opponents combined record is 6-13, of those 6 wins the others have gotten on 1 is a "quality" win WT over CWU, of the other 5 one win is over a NAIA opponent, and the other 4 wins your opponents have are against teams with at most 2 wins this season.

So lets just wait till a few more weeks go by before we start clamoring for respect.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                Consistency will get respect.

Tarleton prior to this has had loads of jc and d1 transfer talent, but due to a lack of chemistry and discipline they end up with disappointing seasons. Tarleton is 4-0 and have beaten every team they have faced handily, but their competition has for the most been pretty light.
                opponents combined record is 6-13, of those 6 wins the others have gotten on 1 is a "quality" win WT over CWU, of the other 5 one win is over a NAIA opponent, and the other 4 wins your opponents have are against teams with at most 2 wins this season.

So lets just wait till a few more weeks go by before we start clamoring for respect.
                Ha!

A fan of Eastern telling someone that respect will come in time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                    Ha!

A fan of Eastern telling someone that respect will come in time.
                    Bro i been here a long time my hounds get plenty of respect within the LSC. Wasnt always so, but the only folks who dont havent been here very long.....

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      Bro i been here a long time my hounds get plenty of respect within the LSC. Wasnt always so, but the only folks who dont havent been here very long.....

Comment

Yes they do. Oh well until they win something, anything in the post season they are not going to get it outside the conference either.

Comment

ASU fans have been real quiet this week. Not sure why.

Were you REALLY expecting a different outcome this season?? Did you think ASU football was going to pull a rabbit out of a hat and hocus pocus become a contender for a championship??

Accept it for what it is or fight for a change. In either case, enjoy 6 more games this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            ASU fans have been real quiet this week. Not sure why.

Were you REALLY expecting a different outcome this season?? Did you think ASU football was going to pull a rabbit out of a hat and hocus pocus become a contender for a championship??

Accept it for what it is or fight for a change. In either case, enjoy 6 more games this season.
                            All I hear are crickets

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                              All I hear are crickets
                              I know. SAD.

If you are a true fan, it's through thick and thin!

Comment

[QUOTE=Boohaha;2275493]Consistency will get respect.

What do you think about the Tarleton Texans now Boo ?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X