Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enmu vs tarleton

Hounds vs purple ponies.

4th team in 6 games Hounds face that are ranked in top 25. Hounds opponents combines have 6 combined losses, Tarleton opponents have 6 combined wins.

Both teams run the ball, which will shorten the game, Eastern i think is more comfortable playing with a close score Tarleton had beaten everyone by big double digits.

Im picking the Hounds in an upset, unless Tarleton solves their problem from last year of defensive discipline they are going to keep guessing wrong, Eastern's offense isnt one where you can just outmuscle them.

Tarleton will probably go on to win the conference.

Eastern has looked better and better each week as the backs replacing Cass are more comfortable and the defense learns walts system.

2 hrs 30 min total game time or shorter. ;)
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Re: Enmu vs tarleton

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    Hounds vs purple ponies.

4th team in 6 games Hounds face that are ranked in top 25. Hounds opponents combines have 6 combined losses, Tarleton opponents have 6 combined wins.

Both teams run the ball, which will shorten the game, Eastern i think is more comfortable playing with a close score Tarleton had beaten everyone by big double digits.

Im picking the Hounds in an upset, unless Tarleton solves their problem from last year of defensive discipline they are going to keep guessing wrong, Eastern's offense isnt one where you can just outmuscle them.

Tarleton will probably go on to win the conference.

Eastern has looked better and better each week as the backs replacing Cass are more comfortable and the defense learns walts system.

2 hrs 30 min total game time or shorter. ;)
    What everyone keeps missing about TSU is they control the LOS on both sides of the ball. They also are scoring on defense and special teams.

The only way I can see ENMU staying in this game is ball control to keep Texan O off the field. Otherwise, that O Line will run roughshod over the Hounds.

Comment

Good observation.. TSU defense is only giving up 64.3 rushing yards a game. Offense I would say is pretty balanced averaging 222.85 on the ground and 285.5 through the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        What everyone keeps missing about TSU is they control the LOS on both sides of the ball. They also are scoring on defense and special teams.

The only way I can see ENMU staying in this game is ball control to keep Texan O off the field. Otherwise, that O Line will run roughshod over the Hounds.
        Easterns offense ran 84 plays against MSU, controlled the pace of the game, TSU d line better than commerces?

Eastern o line doesnt try to block everyone, often time there is 2 d lineman left unblocked. On defense i am not sure, but if there is any team that can handle a run heavy team its Eastern.

No real reason why to pick eastern for me other than total homer pick. But i will say this, the level of competition eastern has faced this first 5 weeks has been heads and shoulders above what Tarleton has faced. Either that or Tarleton is using Alabams 3rd string and are going to walk into a Natty.

Comment

Purple Ponies by as many as we want.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
            Purple Ponies by as many as we want.
            I thought yall would like that!

Comment

I know the Hounds have come up victorious on their last two trips to Tarleton so I'm going to remain positive, but TSU looks to be much improved.

The Greyhounds have played hands down the toughest schedule in the nation at this point and that should serve them well on the 2nd half of their season if they can stay positive, focused, and healthy. A stretch of scheduling like that has to take a toll on a team and injuries tend to pile up which could be especially challenging for ENMU because they only have 26 of the NCAA DII 36 allotted scholarships which makes depth an issue.

Comment

Easterns offense ran 84 plays against MSU, controlled the pace of the game, TSU d line better than commerces?

Eastern o line doesnt try to block everyone, often time there is 2 d lineman left unblocked. On defense i am not sure, but if there is any team that can handle a run heavy team its Eastern.

No real reason why to pick eastern for me other than total homer pick. But i will say this, the level of competition eastern has faced this first 5 weeks has been heads and shoulders above what Tarleton has faced. Either that or Tarleton is using Alabams 3rd string and are going to walk into a Natty.
                Tarletons d line and LBs are legit. Dont underestimate them based on who they've played.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  Tarletons d line and LBs are legit. Dont underestimate them based on who they've played.
                  What did they change from last year?

Im not trying to be snarky or an A** for real what is different?

In the pasr 4 years win or loose Eastern has run for an average 311 yards on them, and they have ALWAYS been bigger, faster, stronger on defense than the Hounds.

Only 1 defense in the past 4 years has effectively and consistently played the Hounds tough thats Commerce. WT did ok last year too.

Tarleton when they have beaten eastern in the past they did it through the air.

Missourri s&t is the only team in nearly 6 years that uas had over 200 yards much less 150 rushing on the hounds.

Eastern has generally done 2 things well, run the ball and stop the run.

Maybe we are seeing the return to tarletons old days of power run football that they had with Sampson and Ross!

Comment

In the pasr 4 years win or loose Eastern has run for an average 311 yards on them, and they have ALWAYS been bigger, faster, stronger on defense than the Hounds.

Only 1 defense in the past 4 years has effectively and consistently played the Hounds tough thats Commerce. WT did ok last year too.

Missourri s&t is the only team in nearly 6 years that uas had over 200 yards much less 150 rushing on the hounds.

Maybe we are seeing the return to tarletons old days of power run football that they had with Sampson and Ross!

Comment

No idea schematically, I dont follow them. My statement is based off of the game this year against WT. Size and athleticism is what I observed. WTs oline was absolutely destroyed all game and it wasnt even close.

Comment

Western nm d line last year was not bad.

Back in the day Tarleton's run game was something to behold.

Comment

Might want to go back and look at the Box Score from 10/18/2014 TSU game... 277 rushing yards.....
                          Last edited by Texan Dad; 10-02-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texan Dad View Post
                            Might want to go back and look at the Box Score from 10/18/2014 TSU game... 277 rushing yards.....
                            Missed that one! But if i recall it was probably more to do with a certain young QB scrambling on busted pass plays than designed runs correct? 170 yards rushing by QB Collin Strahan.

Still it Eastern doesnt give up massive run yards that often, even against teams that are run first teams.

Comment

nvmd

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X