• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKinney ISD to host DII championship

This is awesome.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...p-headed-texas

Re: McKinney ISD to host DII championship

That might be close enough to go to! Got family friends there so wouldn't even have to find a place to stay.

Comment

Comment

I really wish one of the Cowboys facilities mentioned in an earlier thread would have won the bid. I high school stadium (as nice as it is), just seems a bit amateurish.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
          I really wish one of the Cowboys facilities mentioned in an earlier thread would have won the bid. I high school stadium (as nice as it is), just seems a bit amateurish.
          It's only a one year deal.

I understand the issue with a high school stadium.....but I'd also challenge anyone to find a D2 stadium as nice as that district's stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            It's only a one year deal.

I understand the issue with a high school stadium.....but I'd also challenge anyone to find a D2 stadium as nice as that district's stadium.
            I realize it's only a one year deal. Do you know if the KC sports park will continue to host after their remodel? I thought that was still an unknown. Probably not many D2 stadiums that can rival the $68 million McKinney stadium since most D2 schools don't have $68 million to spend on a football stadium.

Comment

I realize it's only a one year deal. Do you know if the KC sports park will continue to host after their remodel? I thought that was still an unknown. Probably not many D2 stadiums that can rival the $68 million McKinney stadium since most D2 schools don't have $68 million to spend on a football stadium.
              I doubt the NCAA will go back to KC now given what they did to them.

Comment

No they are out! As they should be!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  For those in the LSC, yes! To us fans up north, not as much! But still better than nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                    For those in the LSC, yes! To us fans up north, not as much! But still better than nothing!
                    I can't imagine flights to DFW are that much more expensive than flying to KC, but I haven't priced flights in a while.

Comment

If I remember right, flights from Dallas to Minneapolis last year for the playoff games cost me less than 180 round trip on Southwest, short notice and all.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                        I can't imagine flights to DFW are that much more expensive than flying to KC, but I haven't priced flights in a while.
                        I drove to KC in 2014. Driving to Dallas would be much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          If I remember right, flights from Dallas to Minneapolis last year for the playoff games cost me less than 180 round trip on Southwest, short notice and all.
                          Probably right on that but KC was more drivable. But first the Mavs have to make it there first ;)

Comment

Probably right on that but KC was more drivable. But first the Mavs have to make it there first ;)
                            I brought my tailgate with me to Mankato, and even met Laker that way.

And if you are in the championship game I bet the school offers fan buses for a decreased cost.

Comment

Lol wow i walk to the games there. Now all i need is someone from the LSC to win. Its literally in my front yard. I may have to do home away if the LSC is not in the championship

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X