Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5, 6, and 7 2018 Attendance

Re: Week 5, 6, and 7 2018 Attendance

ASU's home attendance blows. That's a nice sized school with a lot of tradition and things going for it. I don't understand less than 3K showing up to watch them play. That's like 20 percent of their student body?

Comment

Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-14-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I was looking at the weather for all the games yesterday, I was thinking TAMUK would have a good turn out and good attendance for the game. Surprised me a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
          I was looking at the weather for all the games yesterday, I was thinking TAMUK would have a good turn out and good attendance for the game. Surprised me a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
            ASU's home attendance blows. That's a nice sized school with a lot of tradition and things going for it. I don't understand less than 3K showing up to watch them play. That's like 20 percent of their student body?
            And this was their homecoming game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
              And this was their homecoming game.
              With a 4 game win streak, Eastern coming to town, and okay weather in the upper 50's, I hope we see 9,000 or more for the WT game this Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                With a 4 game win streak, Eastern coming to town, and okay weather in the upper 50's, I hope we see 9,000 or more for the WT game this Sat.
                Im hopping for like 10-12k total

And 11,900 disapointed ones leaving after its over.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  Im hopping for like 10-12k total

And 11,900 disapointed ones leaving after its over.
                  You must be the old little doggie predicting an Eastern win if only 100 fans will drive 100 miles to see this game. We have almost that many in portales for the basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    Maybe we can get one of the banks (or some big fast-food franchisee :wink:) to buy up a big block of tickets and give them out as a promotion.

Maybe a free ticket for each foot-long Subway purchased.

Comment

OPSU's Anchor D Stadium has undergone significant changes and improvements in the last year, including turf and a video board. The tailgate area between the field house and stadium continues to grow and bring fans to the game. From what I can find, the south bleachers seat 1000, while the north bleachers seat 4000. We have had two home games this year (the home game against Bacone College was cancelled when Bacone dropped football and we played Grambling State University at their house, instead). The first home game was over the Labor Day weekend and I would guess the home side was 90% full. Homecoming was almost standing-room only. Our level of play has dropped off this year and it will be interesting to see if we can sustain the attendance levels. The official stats say the attendance was 1500 for the first game and 1700 for the second game. Those figures are far from correct. There are lots of exciting things happening at OPSU since Dr. Tim Faltyn joined us as President.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        Not sure how accurate the count is/was, but it seemed like more than that were there....however, that is what happens when you have been stuck in mediocrity for over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                          Not sure how accurate the count is/was, but it seemed like more than that were there....however, that is what happens when you have been stuck in mediocrity for over a decade.
                          I've been thinking about some of these numbers. Do students ,who in most cases only have to show their Student ID's, count in these figures? I know at TAUMK from back in my day and observation today, they just waive student through the gate. So unless they have a counter with them, it's hard to get a real accurate count. Whereas fans with tickets, they have better ways of tracking the actual attendance such as the modern day scan of the ticket or the old fashion way of tearing off the stub and counting those by hand.

However I don't dispute the TAMUK numbers being off by that much. Bad product + Multiple seasons of suck = Bad Attendance
                          Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-15-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

So here is how are ticket booth works (and I use that term extremely loosely)
                            Students have to scan their student ID at the gate, however, if it doesn't work they can just write their campus ID number down and enter the game. They should have a fairly accurate count of students who enter the gates.
                            Pass List: each players gets 4 (I think) tickets to the game for whoever they designate. And those people have to go to a window and sign their name. They should have a fairly accurate count of these folks.
                            All other ticket holders: have to have their ticket torn by ticket taker prior to admittance. Again should have a fairly accurate count of these as well.

At all of the gates, they have clickers that the attendants use to track the number of people who enter in "real time". I believe that is how they get the attendance figure which is easily inaccurate due to the nature of not hitting the clicker for every person who comes in. So all of that to say, the count may be accurate and it may not be but our students don't come to the game at all. We had easily 4K at the tailgate across the freakin street from the stadium and can't get half of our students over there to come to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                              The weather was too nice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X