Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC In Conference Stats

Here's how the LSC teams stack up statistically when you look at only conference games

http://lonestarconference.org/stats....2018&conf=true

Re: LSC In Conference Stats

You can click "Overall Season Stats" and the top of the page to get the total stats for the season

Comment

I like it when conferences do the Conference only stats. In my opinion it is a far superior tool for comparison as teams are competing against the same competition (especially at the end of the year when everyone has played each other).

Comment

Crazy how close Midwestern and Tarleton are statistically in Scoring Offense and Scoring Defense:

Scoring Offense: 1) TSU 45.6 Pts/G 2.) MSU 43.8 Pts/G
        Scoring Defense: 1) TSU 20.4 Pts/G 2.) MSU 22.8 Pts/G

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
          Crazy how close Midwestern and Tarleton are statistically in Scoring Offense and Scoring Defense:

Scoring Offense: 1) TSU 45.6 Pts/G 2.) MSU 43.8 Pts/G
          Scoring Defense: 1) TSU 20.4 Pts/G 2.) MSU 22.8 Pts/G
          Should be a really fun game next week.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
            Should be a really fun game next week.
            First one to 50.

Comment

What I noticed immediately about ASU is they should be WINNING based on these stats. They have ZERO pass defense (last place).

Good offense, good run defense, good special teams. Evidently they have the talent. So what's missing??

Takes us right back to my posts in the West Texas @ Angelo State thread. They don't know "HOW" to win!!

Two ways to fix this. Easy to fix with ONE addition. Harder to fix with a wholesale change. I need a "sit down" with Dr. May. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                What I noticed immediately about ASU is they should be WINNING based on these stats. They have ZERO pass defense (last place).

Good offense, good run defense, good special teams. Evidently they have the talent. So what's missing??

Takes us right back to my posts in the West Texas @ Angelo State thread. They don't know "HOW" to win!!

Two ways to fix this. Easy to fix with ONE addition. Harder to fix with a wholesale change. I need a "sit down" with Dr. May. Hahaha
                I know that my closeness to the program causes me to be a little careful about what I say and to whom, as well as a problem of looking at this with a known bias. That being said, I am afraid of what a "wholesale change" could do to the whole program. I know that in some instances it is possible to get good results from sweeping house and getting rid of everyone, especially when the program is already in big trouble or has had some serious ethical lapses. But those results appear to be pretty rare. Instead, it seems to me that far to many times getting rid of a whole staff causes significant problems for many, many years down the road and is very tough to fix.

If ASU were going 2-9, 3-8, etc for several years in a row, or had major violations or ethical lapses I think I would be all for cleaning house, but that is not the case. Has ASU had a bunch of mediocre seasons? Yes, but wholesale changes could move the program in the wrong direction. In addition, the off the field part of the program is in VERY good shape with good students graduating and making the right choices in life as they move out from school into society. That aspect cannot be overlooked by the need to win as well.

As I said, I look at this from a very different, albeit, biased position, but that is my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                  I know that my closeness to the program causes me to be a little careful about what I say and to whom, as well as a problem of looking at this with a known bias. That being said, I am afraid of what a "wholesale change" could do to the whole program. I know that in some instances it is possible to get good results from sweeping house and getting rid of everyone, especially when the program is already in big trouble or has had some serious ethical lapses. But those results appear to be pretty rare. Instead, it seems to me that far to many times getting rid of a whole staff causes significant problems for many, many years down the road and is very tough to fix.

If ASU were going 2-9, 3-8, etc for several years in a row, or had major violations or ethical lapses I think I would be all for cleaning house, but that is not the case. Has ASU had a bunch of mediocre seasons? Yes, but wholesale changes could move the program in the wrong direction. In addition, the off the field part of the program is in VERY good shape with good students graduating and making the right choices in life as they move out from school into society. That aspect cannot be overlooked by the need to win as well.

As I said, I look at this from a very different, albeit, biased position, but that is my $0.02.

Comment

Your last paragraph is also my concern. I do get wrapped up into the the on field win/loss result. And while we are absolutely mediocre in that department we haven't had the headlines or the knuckleheads that we have in the past. The vast majority of the players that I have met are great young men who are doing well in school and then leaving and doing well in the real world.

My question is, why can't we have both with the football program? And this question is more a rhetorical one than it is directed at anyone. We have very deep connections with the softball program, very familiar with both volleyball and baseball programs and all three of those programs are graduating players at a high level, producing quality individuals outside of the classroom, and winning or playing for championships at all levels. What is different about the football program?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Your last paragraph is also my concern. I do get wrapped up into the the on field win/loss result. And while we are absolutely mediocre in that department we haven't had the headlines or the knuckleheads that we have in the past. The vast majority of the players that I have met are great young men who are doing well in school and then leaving and doing well in the real world.

My question is, why can't we have both with the football program? And this question is more a rhetorical one than it is directed at anyone. We have very deep connections with the softball program, very familiar with both volleyball and baseball programs and all three of those programs are graduating players at a high level, producing quality individuals outside of the classroom, and winning or playing for championships at all levels. What is different about the football program?
                      Absolutely nothing. I remember when I first got into management I allowed employees to get away with a lot because I was tired of the hiring process. Yet, performance was average at best. Talked to my Dad and laid out all the scenarios to justify myself. As an outsider looking in he commented that companies do it every day and put qualified people in place every day.

Bottom line maybe you go through more than a couple to find the right combination and if it was easy anybody could do it. I got message and am better off for it today.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

I can have very nice, respectful, and wonderful people as employees who are terrible at their jobs. Do I keep them because they are great people in "life"? If so, I lose my business. I am not running a charity or popularity contest.....nor am I giving out humanity awards. And NEITHER is the ASU football program.

On the flip side I DO ha e great people as employees who are,also great at their jobs. They KEY? It starts at the TOP. Winners bred winners. Winners attract winners.

There is NO DOUBT the program needs an IMMEDIATE change. It's embarrassing at this point.

ASU gains 1,000 times more by building a top football program. FACT.

As far as Texcap....he is an educator, govt employee. Playing it safe is in his DNA. He definitely sees this differently than "football" folks. Its not a "wrong" opinion. It's just pretty standard for most educators. Most dont even understand the RISK/REWARD mindset....it scares the sh!t out of them. I know, my wife is a 20 year educator.

As far as I am concerned, if you are not going to build a winning program, then shut the d@mn thing down and use the $ elsewhere. If you aren't playing to win, DON'T play.

IF ASU is not in it to win it, then come out and tell everyone that winning isn't the top priority and the program is not there to compete, but rather its purpose is a tool to help people graduate and be nicer people. Then supporters will all know WHAT to EXPECT....and we can direct their support elsewhere, if they so chose.

Comment

Ya know Sir....I respect you immensely. You are a good guy, no doubt. But part of your thought process does rub me wrong. Not personal, but I have dealt with this type of mentality with every team I have coached.

I am a winner. ALL THE TIME. A 2-9 season and a 5-6, 6-5 or a 0-11 is ALL THE SAME to me. It's NOT the BEST. And that's my goal each and every day. To be the BEST. Not just "ok" or "not so bad".

I am not into FooFoo, political correctness and the likes. I dont agree with a statement that implies that by building a winning program you must sacrifice morals, values, character, education, and discipline. That's complete BS. A good coach will build winners USING and DEMANDING morals, values, character, discipline, and education.

Comment

I am not into FooFoo, political correctness and the likes.

Maybe you should be!!! Nothing but blue skies and yellow flowers. Dancing and frolicing with the Peaceniks. Hahahahaha
                            How dare you disturb our party with thoughts of accountability!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              I can have very nice, respectful, and wonderful people as employees who are terrible at their jobs. Do I keep them because they are great people in "life"? If so, I lose my business. I am not running a charity or popularity contest.....nor am I giving out humanity awards. And NEITHER is the ASU football program.

On the flip side I DO ha e great people as employees who are,also great at their jobs. They KEY? It starts at the TOP. Winners bred winners. Winners attract winners.

There is NO DOUBT the program needs an IMMEDIATE change. It's embarrassing at this point.

ASU gains 1,000 times more by building a top football program. FACT.

As far as Texcap....he is an educator, govt employee. Playing it safe is in his DNA. He definitely sees this differently than "football" folks. Its not a "wrong" opinion. It's just pretty standard for most educators. Most dont even understand the RISK/REWARD mindset....it scares the sh!t out of them. I know, my wife is a 20 year educator.

As far as I am concerned, if you are not going to build a winning program, then shut the d@mn thing down and use the $ elsewhere. If you aren't playing to win, DON'T play.

IF ASU is not in it to win it, then come out and tell everyone that winning isn't the top priority and the program is not there to compete, but rather its purpose is a tool to help people graduate and be nicer people. Then supporters will all know WHAT to EXPECT....and we can direct their support elsewhere, if they so chose.
                              Couldn't agree more with this!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X