• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers State not joining Mega LSC

https://rsuhillcats.com/news/2018/10...20-season.aspx

One less non football school for 2019.

Re: Rogers State not joining Mega LSC

Real question now is whether ua fort Smith wants to stay in mega lsc since it's now super isolated from rest. OCC has Cameron and rest are in Texas

Interesting fallout for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      Real question now is whether ua fort Smith wants to stay in mega lsc since it's now super isolated from rest. OCC has Cameron and rest are in Texas

Interesting fallout for sure.

Comment

The rest of the Heartland schools.

And to answer your question, not well. But still a much more pleasant place to be than the lsc.

Comment

The rest of the Heartland schools.

And to answer your question, not well. But still a much more pleasant place to be than the lsc.

Comment

GAC would be better fit except GAC has a requirement of wvolleyball and has no soccer. My theory on why rsu was added was to fill out men's soccer in miaa

We would be way larger than most GAC schools in term of enrollment but same in size of town supporting the college.

It's more pleasant in terms of dealing with posters esp wt ones lol

Comment

what are the list of schools that are being invited or even interested for those of us who have not paid any attention to this?

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                what are the list of schools that are being invited or even interested for those of us who have not paid any attention to this?

Comment

It is my understanding that Newman was not invited to join the LSC

Comment

Eitherway one less non football school the better as the rest will probably never do it.

LSC is surrounded by conferences that either have closed scheduling or 1 seasonal slot or are on the far left coast.

I am sure this merger helps basketball and other sports, but for football its a kick in the nuts.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                      It is my understanding that Newman was not invited to join the LSC
                      Correct Newman was not invited.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Eitherway one less non football school the better as the rest will probably never do it.

LSC is surrounded by conferences that either have closed scheduling or 1 seasonal slot or are on the far left coast.

I am sure this merger helps basketball and other sports, but for football its a kick in the nuts.
                        Ask your baseball and softball coach if this helps....this conference is a kick in the nuts. It takes away an automatic bid and adds all of those perennially good teams to the same conference fighting for that 1 auto bid.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                          Ask your baseball and softball coach if this helps....this conference is a kick in the nuts. It takes away an automatic bid and adds all of those perennially good teams to the same conference fighting for that 1 auto bid.
                          I figure the schools like it because it makes it easier to fill schedules, cuts back on travel costs.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

GAC would be better fit except GAC has a requirement of wvolleyball and has no soccer. My theory on why rsu was added was to fill out men's soccer in miaa

We would be way larger than most GAC schools in term of enrollment but same in size of town supporting the college.

Don't forget the GAC has the football requirement as well. The GAC has seven women's soccer programs and actually will add the MIAA men's soccer teams as partial members for that sport next year.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X