Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning in the LSC

When the year started if you would have asked me i would have said that overall the LSC is down in football this year.

As it stands now
    Tarleton wins out they are probably a 2 seed maybe a 1.
    Commerce wins out playoffs
    Midwestern wins out i think they make it as well, for sure if CWU loses vs AZUSA.
    WT and Angelo can finish +.500 if they win at least 1 of the next 2 games.
    If Eastern can win out they too finish + .500, and would give H2H over WT and ASU to finish 4th.

That would be 6 +.500 teams, 3 playoff teams and at least 2 bowl teams.

UTPB, Western NM, and Kingsville are the only teams to finish sub .500 with Western being the only winnless team in the conference.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Re: Winning in the LSC

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    When the year started if you would have asked me i would have said that overall the LSC is down in football this year.

As it stands now
    Midwestern wins out i think they make it as well, for sure if CWU loses vs AZUSA.
    If Eastern can win out they too finish + .500, and would give H2H over WT and ASU to finish 4th.

UTPB, Western NM, and Kingsville are the only teams to finish sub .500 with Western being the only winnless team in the conference.
    I haven't read the bowl agreements, nor do I know where to find them. So with that in mind, if games go chalk against TAMUC and MSU, and ASU beats Eastern then:

ENMU/ASU/WTAMU all finish tied at 4-4 in the conference. If that happens then at minimum one of the two available bowl games would go to these squads... How would it be decided which? Does the bowl committee get to choose? In this scenario ENMU would be sub .500 so does that disqualify them?

Anyone know more about the inner workings of the bowl alignments within the LSC???

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
      I haven't read the bowl agreements, nor do I know where to find them. So with that in mind, if games go chalk against TAMUC and MSU, and ASU beats Eastern then:

ENMU/ASU/WTAMU all finish tied at 4-4 in the conference. If that happens then at minimum one of the two available bowl games would go to these squads... How would it be decided which? Does the bowl committee get to choose? In this scenario ENMU would be sub .500 so does that disqualify them?

Anyone know more about the inner workings of the bowl alignments within the LSC???
      From what I understand, the Corsicana Bowl will take the best non playoff finisher from MIAA and LSC

So no scenario like ENM getting left out like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        From what I understand, the Corsicana Bowl will take the best non playoff finisher from MIAA and LSC

So no scenario like ENM getting left out like last year.
        I understand that. In my above scenario three teams finish tied at 4. If three LSC teams make playoffs then two bowls are available for three tied teams. If two LSC teams make playoffs then one bowl is available for three tied teams.

My understanding is the HOT is not locked into a specific finisher, but the basic tenant of my question is if a bowl is locked into a next highest finisher then what are the tiebreakers? In this 3 way scenario the teams are all 1-1 against one another...

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

If a 3-way tie is the case, the Bowl Committee will choose which team will be invited.
          Last edited by CorsicanaBowl; 10-29-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CorsicanaBowl View Post
            If a 3-way tie is the case, the Bowl Committee will choose which team will be invited.
            Wt then easily.

Eastern last year would have done well in a bowl but we are just dont travel enough fans. And the first time they went they layed a big ole stinky egg for the game.

The Good news this year is if they win out and the LSC gets 3 in po they are going.

Was a gut punch last year at 8-2.

Comment

Wt then easily.

Eastern last year would have done well in a bowl but we are just dont travel enough fans. And the first time they went they layed a big ole stinky egg for the game.

The Good news this year is if they win out and the LSC gets 3 in po they are going.

Was a gut punch last year at 8-2.

Comment

As it stands now

No way Tarleton gets #1 but maybe #2 imo. Their downfall is that they only have played 8 games instead of 9.

Comment

Probably 99.9% of the posters on this message board have no direct affiliation with the schools in their respective avatars other than being fans/alumni. I doubt Zombie is the .01% exception. This is a message board and most message boards are full of people posting their own opinions (with a few facts sprinkled in just to keep people honest) so, me personally, I would NEVER take anything said in a MB as being representative of the thoughts/beliefs/culture, etc of the school listed in their avatar and I certainly wouldn't take it to the LSC commissioner.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

We just have our avatar pics as team logos, me nor Zombie are in any way officially associated with the school other than being alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                      No way Tarleton gets #1 but maybe #2 imo. Their downfall is that they only have played 8 games instead of 9.
                      You mean 10 instead of 11?

Comment

You mean 10 instead of 11?
                        Yes. I was basically saying as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                          Yes. I was basically saying as of today.
                          got ya!

Comment

You wasted the LSC commissioner's time over a random fan making a comment on a message board?

Comment

I
                              Last edited by CorsicanaBowl; 10-29-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X