Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU-Texas

As I was listening to the game on Saturday night, the announcers kept referring to the Mustangs as MSU-Texas. I had never heard it before and went to the Tarleton website where they were listed on the schedule as MSU-Texas instead of Midwestern. I guess that it is turns out they switched things up last year.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/stor...sus/966804001/

#StangGang fans on this board, how do you feel about the rebrand?
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Re: MSU-Texas

Not very many people like it. This was something the president wanted because she said that no one knew who we were when someone said MSU. (Which I get that point). Calling us MSU - Texas vs Midwestern State is where I don't agree, I think that anytime you want to shorten our name that it's fine to call us MSU - Texas, but when broadcasting us over the air or on the NCAA/AFCA website we should be called Midwestern State.

They have spent a lot of money on the rebranding project. The Radio guys must have had a meeting again about it, early in the season I know that they were not referring to us as MSU - Texas.

Comment

Not nearly as good as CSU-P aiming to be The People's University of the Southwest by 2028. I like it, change colors to red and black, hammer & sickle as the logo in red on flat black helmets. They could come marching out as one...football players of the world unite!

https://www.csupueblo.edu/vision2028/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
        Not very many people like it. This was something the president wanted because she said that no one knew who we were when someone said MSU. (Which I get that point). Calling us MSU - Texas vs Midwestern State is where I don't agree, I think that anytime you want to shorten our name that it's fine to call us MSU - Texas, but when broadcasting us over the air or on the NCAA/AFCA website we should be called Midwestern State.

They have spent a lot of money on the rebranding project. The Radio guys must have had a meeting again about it, early in the season I know that they were not referring to us as MSU - Texas.
        I can see where the need to put Texas in there could be a plus. When I first heard of Midwestern back in the 90's, I too thought it was located in the Midwest part of the country, not Texas. I don't think the region where Wichita Falls is located is even referred to as midwest Texas much like the Panhandle is referred to as part of the western part of Texas and the DFW are is considered North Texas. It's kind of like Southwest Texas State in San Marcos was nowhere close to be considered what most on the map would call the southwestern part of the state. You look on a map and that would be Eagle Pass and Del Rio. San Marcos is in south central Texas, so completely changing the name from SWT to Texas State had some merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          Not nearly as good as CSU-P aiming to be The People's University of the Southwest by 2028. I like it, change colors to red and black, hammer & sickle as the logo in red on flat black helmets. They could come marching out as one...football players of the world unite!

That would be an absolutely hideous name if that is their intent. But I bet ASU pops would buy a shirt! Especially if it has a hammer and sickle. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
            I can see where the need to put Texas in there could be a plus. When I first heard of Midwestern back in the 90's, I too thought it was located in the Midwest part of the country, not Texas. I don't think the region where Wichita Falls is located is even referred to as midwest Texas much like the Panhandle is referred to as part of the western part of Texas and the DFW are is considered North Texas. It's kind of like Southwest Texas State in San Marcos was nowhere close to be considered what most on the map would call the southwestern part of the state. You look on a map and that would be Eagle Pass and Del Rio. San Marcos is in south central Texas, so completely changing the name from SWT to Texas State had some merit.
            Same thing with TAMUC being called East Texas State. Commerce is NOT East Texas. Eastern part of Texas, well yes, Northeast, but so is Dallas and the eastern suburbs. When I have heard people talk to others, they think that Commerce is somewhere between or around Tyler, Longview, Texarkana, Marshall, or Nacogdoches. East Texas is in the piney woods, Commerce is the Blackland Prairie. Nearest Large City to Commerce is Dallas (60 Miles).....Tyler is about 100, Longview 130, Marshall 150. Heck, Commerce is even further North than Denton, where University of North Texas is located!

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
              That would be an absolutely hideous name if that is their intent. But I bet ASU pops would buy a shirt! Especially if it has a hammer and sickle. LOL
              I'm doubting they actually change the name, likely just a marketing campaign. But I can hope....

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Hahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X