Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Men's Basketball

WT started the season off yesterday with a 68-62 OT win against Drury in Anaheim, Ca. Drury is a #2 pick in the GLVC behind NABC national #1 pick Bellarmine. Buffs play Lindenwold and Concordia, Ca today and tomorrow.

This season should be very interesting. Can WT reload now that Chavlovich and Evans are gone to pro leagues in Europe? Is Commerce going to be as good as everyone says. Can Lonnie Jr do it on his own? Can the new guy at UTPB win without street thugs? Who else went out and recruited some real deals? Who will surprise? Eastern, Kingsville, Cameron, Angelo?
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-03-2018, 08:46 AM.

Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    WT started the season off yesterday with a 68-62 OT win against Drury in Anaheim, Ca. Drury is a #2 pick in the GLVC behind NABC national #1 pick Bellarmine. Buffs play Lindenwold and Concordia, Ca today and tomorrow.

This season should be very interesting. Can WT reload now that Chavlovich and Evans are gone to pro leagues in Europe? Is Commerce going to be as good as everyone says. Can Lonnie Jr do it on his own? Can the new guy at UTPB win without street thugs? Who else went out and recruited some real deals? Who will surprise? Eastern, Kingsville, Cameron, Angelo?
    Austin Grandstaff at Commerce has the talent to take over the conference if he can put it it all together. Was the sixth best player in Texas coming out of Rockwall, and one of the best shooters I've ever seen. He's one of those guys that are within range as soon as he crosses half court.

Transferred around from Ohio State to OU to DePaul, so the paperwork might be tricky but he's going to be fun to watch. He's one of five really good recruits we got this season.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Austin Grandstaff at Commerce has the talent to take over the conference if he can put it it all together. Was the sixth best player in Texas coming out of Rockwall, and one of the best shooters I've ever seen. He's one of those guys that are within range as soon as he crosses half court.

Transferred around from Ohio State to OU to DePaul, so the paperwork might be tricky but he's going to be fun to watch. He's one of five really good recruits we got this season.
      Just turn the paperwork over to Colby. He knows all the tricks

Comment

That's why the preseason #1 pick. Where's Grandstaff's next stop.....Our Lady of the Lakes? We've seen this stuff before. Sometimes they work out, sometimes a big bust because they're head cases not interested in TEAM. I guess the coaches at Ohio State, OU, and DePaul just weren't the right fit for him. :wink:

Comment

Buffs hung on to beat Lindenwood 65-62. Down by 15 at the 7:43 mark in the first half, WT went into the dressing room behind 37-30 Buffs only made 1/13 threes in the first half. Finally, they started clicking in the second with 7 threes. Freshman Qua Grant led WT in scoring with 17.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-04-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            That's why the preseason #1 pick. Where's Grandstaff's next stop.....Our Lady of the Lakes? We've seen this stuff before. Sometimes they work out, sometimes a big bust because they're head cases not interested in TEAM. I guess the coaches at Ohio State, OU, and DePaul just weren't the right fit for him. :wink:
            Hence why I said 'if he can pull it all together.". The problem isnt him, unfortunately. I'll leave it at that

Comment

Hence why I said 'if he can pull it all together.". The problem isnt him, unfortunately. I'll leave it at that
              One of "those" Dads, huh? I read all of Wes' comments when sonny boy left Ohio State......and Oklahoma......and DePaul. The Commerce coach should bar Dad from attending practices and games. Period.

Comment

Comment

Where was Missouri Western picked in the MIAA preseason poll?

Never mind. I just checked. Missouri Western was picked dead last of 14 teams in the MIAA.
                  Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-04-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

Good luck for your guys!

Comment

That's a BIG statement. Hmmmm.

Are you saying the best shooter coming out of Rockwall or truly the best you've EVER seen??

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          That's a BIG statement. Hmmmm.

Are you saying the best shooter coming out of Rockwall or truly the best you've EVER seen??
                          Ever. Don't know if it's still there but he was unbelievable

Comment

WT Buffs won their third in a row today, beating Concordia-Irvine, 65-57, in the D2CCA Tip-Off Classic. Freshman guard Qua Grant again led scoring with 14 points. Freshman PG JoJo Murray added 9 and had 7 assists. Buffs still are shooting for crap. Only went 5/25 from three point land. That won't get it done. For Brown's offense to really be effective, the guys need as a team to shoot at least 33% from outside.

Drury and Concordia won 21 last year. Lindenwood 17. All three returned much more experience than WT. The Buffs next game is on the road Nov 9 at Western State, Gunnison. RMAC teams are always tough on the road.

Comment

Ever. Don't know if it's still there but he was unbelievable
                              I m excited about this season. Lots of senior leadership, some great transfers, and we have a coach that cut his teeth playing in Connecticut. The play a different brand of ball up there and I think it will transfer well to the LSC. He is the equivalent of the hiring of Colby for football. I expect this program to rise quickly and sustain it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X