Southeastern Louisiana University Logo
    OCT 6 (SAT) 4 PM
    SLC
    VS
    SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
    SAN ANTONIO, TX GAYLE & TOM BENSON STADIUM
    W, 52-34

BOX SCORE RECAP TACO CABANA HISPANIC HERITAGE GAME
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Southeastern Louisiana - October 6, 2018
    Lamar University Logo
    OCT 13 (SAT) 3 PM
    SLC
    AT
    LAMAR
    BEAUMONT, TX PROVOST UMPHREY STADIUM
    L, 21-27

BOX SCORE RECAP
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Lamar - October 13, 2018
    McNeese State University Logo
    OCT 20 (SAT) 6 PM
    SLC
    VS[B]
    #6 MCNEESE STATE
    TV: ELEVEN SPORTS
    W, 45-17

BOX SCORE RECAP ALAMO HEIGHTS, OLMOS PARK, TERRELL HILLS APPRECIATION / SUSTAINABILITY
    Hide/Show Additional Information For #6 McNeese State - October 20, 2018
    Nicholls State University Logo
    OCT 27 (SAT) 3 PM
    SLC
    AT
    #19 NICHOLLS
    THIBODAUX, LA JOHN L. GUIDRY STADIUM
    L, 21-48

BOX SCORE RECAP
    Hide/Show Additional Information For #19 Nicholls - October 27, 2018
    Sam Houston State University Logo
    NOV 3 (SAT) 2 PM
    SLC
    VS
    #21 SAM HOUSTON STATE
    TV: ESPN3
    W, 43-26

BOX SCORE RECAP HOMECOMING / MILITARY APPRECIATION
    Hide/Show Additional Information For #21 Sam Houston State - November 3, 2018
    University of Central Arkansas Logo
    NOV 10 (SAT) 3 PM
    SLC
    AT
    CENTRAL ARKANSAS
    CONWAY, AR ESTES STADIUM
    LISTEN LIVE STATS
    Iowa State University Logo
    DEC 1 (SAT) 1 PM
    AT
    IOWA STATE
    AMES, IA JACK TRICE STADIUM
    WATCH LISTEN LIVE STATS

Re: Don't look now, But UIW.......

Will they have to cancel their game at Iowa State? Or will Iowa State have to cancel their game with UIW? I would love to see the Cyclones make the Big 12 title game for the first time ever.

Comment

Congrats to UIW. Quite the turnaround! Who would have thought...

Comment

Not only UIW tied at the top, but ACU is 1 GB. How bad is the Southland this year?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          Not only UIW tied at the top, but ACU is 1 GB. How bad is the Southland this year?
          Not too bad. Last week there was 4 in the national top 25 with two more receiving votes. A couple of those lost this weekend so it will look different when the new ranking comes out.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ats-fcs-top-25

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
            Congrats to UIW. Quite the turnaround! Who would have thought...
            Have not followed UIW this season that much. Surprised to read that the Cards beat McNeese State, who is usually a powerhouse team in the SLC yearly, but then lost to Nicholls State. Must finally be recruiting some good talent down in the Alamo City.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
              Have not followed UIW this season that much. Surprised to read that the Cards beat McNeese State, who is usually a powerhouse team in the SLC yearly, but then lost to Nicholls State. Must finally be recruiting some good talent down in the Alamo City.
              Scheme helps as well. He is doing the same type of thing that Leach has done for years. If you can't get the best Jimmy's & Joe's out-execute them with X's & O's. They are getting quality players, but more importantly they are getting players that fit the scheme they want to run and are running it well. Eric Morris has been running this stuff for the better part of two decades now, as a player and a coach. Dude gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                Not only beat McNeese, but blew them out. I'm impressed with the way Nicholls State has become competetive as well. That program and school were (may still be) in finanical quicksand and they've managed to play respectable football and almost won two paycheck games against Georgia and A&M Collie Station. And they beat Kansas to start this season.

Comment

Who gives two craps about UIW, ACU, etc?.... Go to your own messageboard.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                    Who gives two craps about UIW, ACU, etc?.... Go to your own messageboard.
                    Uh, because

1) They are not too far removed from their LSC days.

2) They still play LSC teams in their non conference schedules.

3) You have a few schools in the current LSC lineup (namely Tarleton) who are considering moving up to Southland or FCS. So it's a good discussion point to see if Tarleton and others can compete in the SLC based on what UIW and ACU are doing now.

4) Most everyone (including myself) on here thought UIW was making a giant mistake moving up because they couldn't even get close to winning in the LSC and at least for this season, they have put that chatter to rest.

And yes this is a FOOTBALL board and if you want to talk crap about other topics that don't relate to LSC football, one should go look at the "OT" topics that ALWAYS show up this time of year going into the spring related to mostly one school that everyone and their cat and dog can name on here. There are sections on this message board where those topics belong.

And I accept your apology.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                      Uh, because

3) You have a few schools in the current LSC lineup (namely Tarleton) who are considering moving up to Southland or FCS. So it's a good discussion point to see if Tarleton and others can compete in the SLC based on what UIW and ACU are doing now.

4) Most everyone (including myself) on here thought UIW was making a giant mistake moving up because they couldn't even get close to winning in the LSC and at least for this season, they have put that chatter to rest.

And yes this is a FOOTBALL board and if you want to talk crap about other topics that don't relate to LSC football, one should go look at the "OT" topics that ALWAYS show up this time of year going into the spring related to one school and one school only. There are sections on this message board where those topics belong.

Yes based on the participation of this post, seems like everyone is riveted talking about the SLC. But when your football team is 3-7, the rest of your athletic program being a dumpster fire (except baseball and track), and pathetic facilities, I guess I'd be willing to talk about anything else to avoid the spotlight on my programs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                        Uh, because

And yes this is a FOOTBALL board and if you want to talk crap about other topics that don't relate to LSC football, one should go look at the "OT" topics that ALWAYS show up this time of year going into the spring related to mostly one school that everyone and their cat and dog can name on here. There are sections on this message board where those topics belong.

Preach BROTHER!!!!

I think you are right. This is a very appropriate topic. It gives insight t any institutions considering a move....and there is NO DOUBT TSU will be moving up.

Speaking of Tarleton, I heard that for a move to be approved by Big Daddy, a name change to include A&M will be necessary. No sure if it's rumor....but a pretty good source. That would suck.

Comment

Yes based on the participation of this post, seems like everyone is riveted talking about the SLC. But when your football team is 3-7, the rest of your athletic program being a dumpster fire (except baseball and track), and pathetic facilities, I guess I'd be willing to talk about anything else to avoid the spotlight on my programs as well.
                          Man this is rich! This thread is almost as riveting to people who don't wear maroon as all of the out of season talk about volleyball, women's basketball, badmitton, etc. At least this is football related!

Comment

You forgot about our National Champ Beach Volleyball team, but I'll give you a cookie anyway.

And I've been one of the few on here talking about our dumpster fire for several year while our administration played lip service to the elephant in the room. It's bitten us in the ass so hard we may never recover.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              Preach BROTHER!!!!

I think you are right. This is a very appropriate topic. It gives insight t any institutions considering a move....and there is NO DOUBT TSU will be moving up.

Speaking of Tarleton, I heard that for a move to be approved by Big Daddy, a name change to include A&M will be necessary. No sure if it's rumor....but a pretty good source. That would suck.

That's a new angle. You talk about an Alumni rebellion. Get the popcorn and beer ready, because it would be fun to watch. I mean stock up on it at Costco or Sam's because bulk quantities will be needed!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X