Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Games...

Anybody heard any news or rumblings about the bowl games? This time last year we had a good idea of teams that were getting invites

Re: Bowl Games...

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
    Anybody heard any news or rumblings about the bowl games? This time last year we had a good idea of teams that were getting invites
    I think it will be obvious after this week.

Comment

The only rumbling I've heard is dont talk bad about them or your team wont get invited. LOL

Comment

Comment

Ask Boohaha.

He became an expert on this after last season.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            The only rumbling I've heard is dont talk bad about them or your team wont get invited. LOL
            LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
              Ask Boohaha.

He became an expert on this after last season.
              Angelo and WT, Eastern will finish 5-6 at best.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                Careful! That statement might comeback to bite you.

Comment

What conference matchups whould you guys most want to see?

I know the LSC vs MIAA are always the toughest matchups.

Any particular team you guys think would be a fun matchup?

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    Angelo and WT, Eastern will finish 5-6 at best.
                    WT has already won six games so far. Unlikely they win at MW on Sat, however an unexpected upset would give the young Buffs seven wins and a possible invite to one of the Div II post season bowl games. 6-5 is better than 5-6.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                      WT has already won six games so far. Unlikely they win at MW on Sat, however an unexpected upset would give the young Buffs seven wins and a possible invite to one of the Div II post season bowl games. 6-5 is better than 5-6.
                      Thats what i was meaning, Angelo and WT are going to finish 6-5 at worst making them the favorites for an invite, Eastern will fininish 5-6 at best and be done with their season.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Thats what i was meaning, Angelo and WT are going to finish 6-5 at worst making them the favorites for an invite, Eastern will fininish 5-6 at best and be done with their season.
                        ENMU is a better team than their record shows. I really thought they would beat Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                          ENMU is a better team than their record shows. I really thought they would beat Angelo.
                          ASU is a better team than their record shows. I really thought they would beat WT.

That being said, ASU contributed very much to losing that game through penalties. In speaking with one of the coaches, ASU had 115 yards in penalties that game and on the plays where those penalties were called on the offensive they had about 180 yards of offense called back. That's almost 300 yards of moving the ball in the wrong direction. Of course it can be said that they wouldn't have gained those yards except for the penalties and there is something to that, but with many of those penalties the penalty did not contribute to the yardage much, if any. In addition, many of those penalties occurred on first down which put ASU behind the chains.

Don't get me wrong, there are no sour grapes here. ASU did not lose because of the officials, most of the penalties were legitimate, but penalties did significantly impact that game and those were mistakes that ASU made, just as if they had missed a block or a tackle.

However, the bottom line is that WT played well enough to take advantage of those penalties and beat ASU.

Comment

So based on Location and history the LSC may get 3 teams in Bowl games.
                            Agent Barry Live United Bowl - Texarkana Arkansas - ( In 5 years the LSC has had 2 contenders Kingsville & Commerce)
                            CHAMPS Heart of Texas Bowl - Waco - LSC automatic Bid
                            Corsicana Bowl - Corsicana - LSC automatic Bid

Assuming Tarleton , Midwestern and Commerce get in the NCAA playoffs

These match ups will be fun.

Live United Bowl Southeastern Oklahoma vs West Texas A&M ( battle of the Buffaloes ! ) even though SE Oklahoma is the Savage Storm i see Buffaloes on logos at times ?
                            Heart of Texas Bowl Harding vs ENMU ( Battle of the triple option who runs it better ?!)
                            Corsicana Bowl Pitt Sate vs Angelo State ( Have both team wear their yellow jerseys and confuse every one ! )

Comment

Last edited by HOGSVRR; 11-10-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X