Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Angelo @ Commerce

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    Any predictions about where the Lions are headed?? Duluth, if things stay as they are!!!
    All the talk on the field after the game pointed to Duluth. Think they plan to leave Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
      Not the performance ASU admin. was looking for after a coaching change after a 3 game winning streak.
      I dont think ASU admin was concerned about this game. It's eye is on the ball....long term.

Comment

Commerce looked very good last night on the defensive side of the ball. Angelo was missing a huge part of the O-Line (Blake Harrison's mother passed away and her services were held on Saturday), but I have not seen any defense look that good against the ASU offense all year. They just shut down the offense, allowing only 8 first downs (I think). Part of that might be attributed to coaching changes, but I really do not think that was the case. Other defense have held ASU in check (Tarleton and Midwestern for example) but Commerce's was the best I have seen this year. Also, TAMU-C did that with only one turnover. Were it not for the two ASU interceptions (one a pick-6 and the other set up a short field) I'm not sure that ASU would have scored. Although they did have turn the bowl over in the Commerce red zone on downs a couple of times. The Commerce corners really did a good job of handling the ASU receivers. They looked very good.

I think the Commerce offense was a lot less impressive (although it definitely got the job done). They did hold Markus Jones in check, which is a very difficult job, but the two picks that Wilson threw were very poor decisions, and there was a third that could have been made as well.

All in all, based off this one game, I would say that Commerce's offense might hurt them in the playoff's, but the defense will help to alleviate those problems.
        Last edited by texcap; 11-11-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
          Commerce looked very good last night on the defensive side of the ball. Angelo was missing a huge part of the O-Line (Blake Harrison's mother tased away and her services were held on Saturday), but I have not seen any defense look that good against the ASU offense all year. They just shut down the offense, allowing only 8 first downs (I think). Part of that might be attributed to coaching changes, but I really do not think that was the case. Other defense have held ASU in check (Tarleton and Midwestern for example) but Commerce's was the best I have seen this year. Also, TAMU-C did that with only one turnover. Were it not for the two ASU interceptions (one a pick-6 and the other set up a short field) I'm not sure that ASU would have scored. Although they did have turn the bowl over in the Commerce red zone on downs a couple of times. The Commerce corners really did a good job of handling the ASU receivers. They looked very good.

I think the Commerce offense was a lot less impressive (although it definitely got the job done). They did hold Markus Jones in check, which is a very difficult job, but the two picks that Wilson threw were very poor decisions, and there was a third that could have been made as well.

All in all, based off this one game, I would say that Commerce's offense might hurt them in the playoff's, but the defense will help to alleviate those problems.
          ASU needs a QB. Period. Nothing personal about the young man, but he would be a much better slot than QB. Runs well....good athlete. NOT A PASSER.

If TAMUC offense was clicking, they would have hung 60+ on ASU and it would have been a shut-out.

Comment

Comment

I would agree that cleaning house is the more obvious choice, but in the last 3 times that we have had to hire a new head coach we have promoted from within starting with men's basketball, women's basketball, and now football. The first two have turned out pretty good so far, and I believe our administration has a feeling that when they promote from within you are getting someone who understands the culture and dynamics of the university so you don't have to teach that part of it.

I will give our administration the benefit of the doubt, but I am also with you in the sense that I would have liked to see who might have been interested in this job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X