Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT at MSU Texas

Coach Hughes's post-game comments. I really like the way he thinks.

https://youtu.be/fIjF_D-TKOE?t=6

Comment

Straight shooter.... pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
        The OC's house is for sale, been on the market for a couple weeks....will see if that means anything.
        Alot of talk about WT getting a new OC ...

Did I miss something ?

I think the HC and WT is happy with what they have right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

Did I miss something ?

Just speculation. Not sure how they could be happy with an offense that is dead last in the conference for the 2nd year in a row. They won 6 games in spite of an offense that just flat out sucked. I don't know that you want to count on the defense and special teams to score and win games consistently

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
            Just speculation. Not sure how they could be happy with an offense that is dead last in the conference for the 2nd year in a row. They won 6 games in spite of an offense that just flat out sucked. I don't know that you want to count on the defense and special teams to score and win games consistently
            Maybe it wasn't the play calling and just the talent under center?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
              Maybe it wasn't the play calling and just the talent under center?
              I think the talent no doubt contributed, but I think the offense was way too predictable and simple. 2 years of watching that garbage of an offense is tough. Im sure other WT posters would agree

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

Did I miss something ?

I have wondered this as well. The days of 300+ yards passing are probably gone for the Hughes era but surely he knows all the 3 plays and out series are bad.

I like the defense and special teams but the offense is just too often awful.

I also think they need a new PK, holder, and punter. John Cummings will be very hard to replace. Most any PK will be an improvement.

Speaking of Cummings:

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2018/11/1...ct-honors.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                  Practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    Isn't it against the rules to have those face to face contacts while they are still playing?

I know it used to be that way but NCAA Nazis are always changing things.
                    There is an official calender that programs must follow that shows evaluation periods, contact periods, dead periods. The Bowl games would fall within the Contact Period.....(Dead Periods 12/17 - 12/19.....1/7 - 1/9.....then 7am 2/4 - 7am 2/6).

Hope that answers your question.

Comment

• Re: WT at MSU Texas

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      There is an official calender that programs must follow that shows evaluation periods, contact periods, dead periods. The Bowl games would fall within the Contact Period.....(Dead Periods 12/17 - 12/19.....1/7 - 1/9.....then 7am 2/4 - 7am 2/6).

Hope that answers your question.
                      Hi Pops.

My understanding is that the dead periods and contact periods vary by type of recruit. I know that at the recent Ram Club luncheon, Coach Girsch said that we are currently (at least this week) in a dead period regarding contacting HS prospects. However he also said that this was not a dead period for the JUCO's.

Again, that could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what he said on Wednesday.

Comment

• Re: WT at MSU Texas

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                        Hi Pops.

My understanding is that the dead periods and contact periods vary by type of recruit. I know that at the recent Ram Club luncheon, Coach Girsch said that we are currently (at least this week) in a dead period regarding contacting HS prospects. However he also said that this was not a dead period for the JUCO's.

Again, that could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what he said on Wednesday.
                        That is what one of the assistants told me. They cannot recruit HS till after Thanksgiving. This week all are out doing JUCO recruiting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X