Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC to FCS

Re: LSC to FCS

Im not sure it is possible. First, I doubt most teams in the LSC are interested in moving up en masse. For it to happen, you would probably need to get teams from the SWAC and/or the Southland to splinter off, form a conference, and invite LSC schools to join. As I understand it, for a team to move up they need an invite from an existing Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Im not sure it is possible. First, I doubt most teams in the LSC are interested in moving up en masse. For it to happen, you would probably need to get teams from the SWAC and/or the Southland to splinter off, form a conference, and invite LSC schools to join. As I understand it, for a team to move up they need an invite from an existing Conference.
      Also of note, FCS is football only. So in order to "move up", the entire athletic program would need to go to DI, then your football plays at the FCS level of DI.

Comment

It's not legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          It's not legal.
          This. You have to move up in everything. FBS would be a ridiculous attempt- the next level is FCS. I don't think a lot of schools in your conference could afford even that. It is much more likely that you might get individual schools that would be invited up by an existing conference.

Comment

Even if it was legal to do so, are there enough LSC teams that are interested and able to move up to justify it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              It's not legal.
              It's illegal for a conference to move up? Is that a state or federal crime? :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                It's illegal for a conference to move up? Is that a state or federal crime? :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                  Worse, NCAA.

Comment

Having watched The Guns of Navarone on Sunday past, I see this question a bit different. What if, and I do believe the OP meant, if it had to be done how would it be done.

Firstly, when it comes to Texas & Football, money is never an issue :laugh: Texas is set to surpass California in total population by the year 2045 and although they currently have a similar amount of schools playing D1 football, there is 15% more high school programs in Texas. Point is there is undoubtedly going to be a need, that's if one does not currently exist.

As to the OP question, I would think you would start by finding out how a D1 conference is created.

Comment

Who knows what things are going to look like as we go into the next decade? There will be a major shakeup in the football world sometime during the next decade thanks to the big boys.

Most of the big conference TV contracts are set to expire in the early to the middle part of the decade. That's going to give all the Big Cigars a chance at the power conferences and the TV nets a chance to expand the playoffs (which should be done) and rearrange the landscape. I think they will issue a call to every football playing school that if you want to play in this new format, join up now or forever be stuck in D1AA (FCS) or whatever until the next decade or whenever the new TV contracts come up again. You will have some current FCS schools who will join up and you might have some current FBS schools move down. Some current FBS or DI conferneces will either be left out or will be forced to merge in order to fit into the new playoff format which will result in a few teams being forced out of their conference to look elsewhere.

It could be what we know as FCS today is changed as a result where it makes it more attractive for D2 schools to move up or current FCS to move down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X