Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post

I've been to a Javelina game in a cold rain that had more fans in attendance. This hurts.
    Same here. And a few driving rains thanks to landfalling tropical systems to the south of us which shot the rains north and made Javelina Stadium into the ultimate mud bowl.

I get that streaming is probably making an impact at many schools at all levels and when you are losing and still have an interest, it's easier to sit down on the sofa or recliner and watch the game on your iPad while you have another on the big screen. That's been me for the last two seasons. But these numbers along with some other on and off the field stuff I've heard just has me shaking my head in shame and disgust.

One thing that might want to be addressed once our administration decides to get it's head out of the sand , albeit it should be on the lower priority part of the list is the start times. Many of our peers start evening games at 6PM once we get into October. It would make actually going to a game a more travel friendly experience for those who live two to three hours away from Kingsville. Getting out of there at around 9 instead of 10 or so can be a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
      Tarleton attendance was down. Should see a lot more next time with homecoming. Also thought ASU would travel better.
      And even then, there weren't 7,700 there. Home side was pretty well filled, but ASU only brought about 250 on the visitor's side.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
        2172 at TAMUK with Commerce in town.

Let that sink in.
        That is called rock bottom. I never ever thought that the program would fall to this level.

Comment

Tarleton attendance was down. Should see a lot more next time with homecoming. Also thought ASU would travel better.
          Why would you think we would travel? We don't show up to our home games.

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

That is called rock bottom. I never even thought that the program would fall to this level.
            Me neither. Is there something below rock bottom? If there is, we are on course to hit that as well.

If the winds of change do not commence on Nov 17 which is the Sunday after this crap show is over, then we should just board up the program and be done with it. Because 1-10, 2-9, and 3-8 will become the standard around here and the program will just become a drain on the budget if it's not already doing so already.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
              Why would you think we would travel? We don't show up to our home games.
              My bad... thought they would want a break from living in San Angelo for a minute or two. Figured the top 25 ranking would wake some people up... apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

And even then, there weren't 7,700 there. Home side was pretty well filled, but ASU only brought about 250 on the visitor's side.
                I think 6k would be accurate... How many filled NRG this past weekend?

Comment

I think 6k would be accurate... How many filled NRG this past weekend?
                  Well, SFA didn't show up, so..

SHSU box score says 24,008. They must count like Tarleton does, because there weren't very many on the SFA side of the field.

This is the second week in a row that they haven't even scanned my ticket walking into Memorial Stadium! I know there are 100's of different ways to track attendance, but come on!

I know it's been discussed within this thread already, but I wish there was a universal way to count attendance or at least a few commonly held practices.. Kinda like cash vs. accrual accounting. In the end, you get the same numbers, but there are different ways of arriving at them. I know Tarleton is counting receipts and not butts in the seats.

I guess the thing that irks me is that you can't honesty say that 24,008 "saw" SFA play Sam or that 10,600+ "saw" Tarleton play WT. If I were reporting on that game, the phrase I would use would be "reported attendance", because that's exactly what it is. Gotta call a spade a spade on this attendance thing.
                  Last edited by gruesome; 10-07-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

My bad... thought they would want a break from living in San Angelo for a minute or two. Figured the top 25 ranking would wake some people up... apparently not.
                    Ouch!

Comment

If we wanted a break from San Angelo, we dang sure wouldn't want to spend that break in the land of the purple poo and redneck university. Not my idea of a "break". Almost as bad as saying a break would going to Portales or something like that.

Comment

Well, SFA didn't show up, so..

SHSU box score says 24,008. They must count like Tarleton does, because there weren't very many on the SFA side of the field.

This is the second week in a row that they haven't even scanned my ticket walking into Memorial Stadium! I know there are 100's of different ways to track attendance, but come on!

I know it's been discussed within this thread already, but I wish there was a universal way to count attendance or at least a few commonly held practices.. Kinda like cash vs. accrual accounting. In the end, you get the same numbers, but there are different ways of arriving at them. I know Tarleton is counting receipts and not butts in the seats.

I guess the thing that irks me is that you can't honesty say that 24,008 "saw" SFA play Sam or that 10,600+ "saw" Tarleton play WT. If I were reporting on that game, the phrase I would use would be "reported attendance", because that's exactly what it is. Gotta call a spade a spade on this attendance thing.
                        I think some schools use a method where they count a percentage of people in each section. If it seats officially 3000 and if it looks 90% full, then they count approximately 2700 and move on to the next section. Hence you have numbers that are reported in rounded up fashion. They should in full disclosure note approximately or estimated in the box score.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I think some schools use a method where they count a percentage of people in each section. If it seats officially 3000 and if it looks 90% full, then they count approximately 2700 and move on to the next section. Hence you have numbers that are reported in rounded up fashion. They should in full disclosure note approximately or estimated in the box score.
                          Yeah. I've been in the press box when they've done the "official" attendance count and that's exactly what I've seen before. If the numbers don't matter (i.e. you don't need a certain average attendance figure for NCAA purposes), then there's really nothing wrong with that. I'm with you though. That should be stated as an estimate or at least there should be some sort of disclaimer on the school's website saying how they arrive at their numbers. Again, I don't really care what is being reported, but I also don't believe in grabbing the attendance numbers out of thin air.. Seems deceptive, IMO.

Of course, there's always the old SID trick of guesstimating the attendance and using the total score of the game as the last few digits.

Comment

Yeah. I've been in the press box when they've done the "official" attendance count and that's exactly what I've seen before. If the numbers don't matter (i.e. you don't need a certain average attendance figure for NCAA purposes), then there's really nothing wrong with that. I'm with you though. That should be stated as an estimate or at least there should be some sort of disclaimer on the school's website saying how they arrive at their numbers. Again, I don't really care what is being reported, but I also don't believe in grabbing the attendance numbers out of thin air.. Seems deceptive, IMO.

Of course, there's always the old SID trick of guesstimating the attendance and using the total score of the game as the last few digits.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X