Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javs26 View Post
    Javelinas suck. Losing 14-0. This looks like a team that will go winless. Zero talent.
    There's always WNMU.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
      4: 33 4th Qtr

SV 35 to 14

Good solid game by SV.
      They are a good team from a very tough conference. They had a number of returning players from last year.

We will have a very long year unless we make serious adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

They are a good team from a very tough conference. They had a number of returning players from last year.

We will have a very long year unless we make serious adjustments.
        The problem is there is not any skill player talent on this team. There is really no improving for this team. It is what it is.

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, it's a carbon copy from last season.

Unless something clicks, we are staring at 4-7 or 3-8 again this year. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

WTF??????? To be honest......this is UNACCEPTABLE!! Horrible to watch. ZERO improvement since 2018. Geez-us can't you alum do SOMETHING?????

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              WTF??????? To be honest......this is UNACCEPTABLE!! Horrible to watch. ZERO improvement since 2018. Geez-us can't you alum do SOMETHING?????
              I'm afraid it's going to be an ugly season. Looking at some of the scores of our fellow LSC schools, the worse is yet to come. We will probably beat Sui Ross next week and maybe beat WNM later down the road. But if the odds makers were putting percentages of chances to win on the rest of our games, they would side big time with our opponents.

Football is just no longer a priority in Kingsville. Why and how we got to this stage is the big question... The lack of a sense of urgency from the past and current administrations is frustrating and disappointing.

Comment

28-7 and the Javelinas QBs continue to stink up the joint. Javelina stadium will be empty the rest of the season. It looks like Wilkinson will need to be fired at the end of the year. The entire city of Kingsville is embarrassing themselves in football this year (Javelinas and Brahmas). Nothing will change until facilities are upgraded.
                Ding ding ding ding

Winner winner chicken dinner !!!

Comment

Comment

Sadly we've gone through a whole half generation (defined by a span of 15 years) of students who have or never will experience Javelina football like many of us on this board. We USED to have one of the better facilities in the league if not D2. We USED to compete every year. We USED to pack the stadium or come pretty close to it for many games, We USED to be feared!

I'm not sure what the fix is or if it will ever come? I really have serious doubts we will ever see our program rise again. I know today's LSC and D2 has more parity compared to back in the day. Getting back to that level would be a start.
                    Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-08-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Sadly we've gone through a whole half generation (defined by a span of 15 years) of students who have or never will experience Javelina football like many of us on this board. We USED to have one of the better facilities in the league if not D2. We USED to compete every year. We USED to pack the stadium or come pretty close to it for many games, We USED to be feared!

I'm not sure what the fix is or if it will ever come? I really have serious doubts we will ever see our program rise again. I know today's LSC and D2 has more parity compared to back in the day. Getting back to that level would be a start.
                      It's a long climb. Remember Ronnie Jones at Wt. Record of 5-27 encluding a year of 0-11. With the right coach and AD it can be done. It takes a commitment from everyone. Standing on the outside looking in I don't think the Javalina's have that.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Even enrollment was down by 10% this year for the university. They are going to make even less money as the stadium will be empty the rest of the season. Not sure how many attended last night.

Comment

Even enrollment was down by 10% this year for the university. They are going to make even less money as the stadium will be empty the rest of the season. Not sure how many attended last night.
                          Nice crowd of 8517 if box score is accurate

Comment

Comment

Lots of similarities from the problems we had last year. Defense looked decent but gave up big plays.

SV's TDs
                              44 yd TD pass
                              30 yd TD pass
                              79 yd TD pass
                              71 yd INT for TD
                              13 yd TD run

4 plays for 166 yards (not including the INT). Otherwise, our defense held them to 172 total yards on 63 plays (2.73 Yds/Play). Offensively, we only rushed the ball 15 times (not including QB scrambles/sacks) and I would like to see us try to pound the ball a little more, but I'm not a coach and my opinion is based solely from a spectator's position. When Lopez is avg 3.9 yds/carry and Barnes is avg 3.3 yds/carry, it seems like we shouldn't be abandoning the running game.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

Drove down to see the game, here is "spectator's opinion:

1. Team does have, in fact, very good talent... good depth, good size, some highly skilled players...

2. Issue is going to be coaching: can the coaches perform now that they, IMO, have the talent...

3. Great run defense, again, getting killed by the long bombs..., and turnover ratio (0 to 5), destroyed any momentum we had...

4. Wrong coaches call on QB, finally went to Dyal in second half and he did a great job, need to make him the starter from here on out...

5. Not sure what is wrong with running game, but 89Hog got it right..., plus, again on paper, we have two kids on redshirt who had great HS careers, if we want to get more competative, why are they not going to be active this year as opposed to next..... IMO our OLine is better, but somehow they do not "attack", too much standing upright and
                                trying to use big bodies (medium size bodies?) to brush block rather than attack. Needs to change immediately.

6. Also, since Dyal had better HS stats that Manziel did at Tivy, including running (?), I say once again, we need to start putting in some run/pass option plays and get Dyal outside. He went out side several times, but it was running for his life rather than designed plays it looked like. Plus, coaches need to let him run...even if dangerous, he can run and slide...there were several instances where he could have made 5, 7, 10 yards if he had just tucked the ball and ran...he could be an exciting runner if turned loose...

7. All in all, after reflecting, if we change out our QB, and cut the turnover ratio down substantially, we can win a lot of our games... going to be up to the coaches to make the changes, quick, or otherwise the samo, samo.

lantana

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X