Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greyhounds WIN! 35-28. LET'S GO GREYHOUNDS!

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
      Greyhounds WIN! 35-28. LET'S GO GREYHOUNDS!
      Defense did better second half, knocking down a long pass and picking off the fade to seal it.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        tarleton is going to rail this defense

Comment

1-0 is definitely better!

The defensive issues are not unfixable, one long run was due to poor run fit on a blitz, and two of the passing scores was just great plays by the receivers. S&T did not look like a terrible team, their 2 loss season last year does not look to be a fluke.

Eastern takes on a Salem less Mesa let's see if they can gain momentum.

11 d2 games on the schedule so 2 losses should still keep them in the mix to make the playoffs. Tarleton and MSU both looked dang impressive, Angelo did well, as did WT, Commerce is yet to be seen.

It's a long season...

Comment

Greyhounds looked pretty salty vs a very good Missouri S&T team who won 10 games and a bowl game last year. The Hounds controlled the Tempo and time of possession by converting on 13 of 17 3rd down attempts and piling up 500 yards rushing. The two transfers on defense Vicente Walker and Huval look to be real difference makers.

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
              Greyhounds looked pretty salty vs a very good Missouri S&T team who won 10 games and a bowl game last year. The Hounds controlled the Tempo and time of possession by converting on 13 of 17 3rd down attempts and piling up 500 yards rushing. The two transfers on defense Vicente Walker and Huval look to be real difference makers.
              I'm as green and silver as they come and a huge fan of walt as DC but man they gave up some big passes, and honestly looked flat at at times. S&t is not a terrible team, so long as the defense can make the other team punt a couple times this offense will produce enough to win. Eastern actually missed a fg and was stopped on 4th and short in the red zone. But if the defense surrenders a couple quick strike tds they are going to put the offense in a hole that is difficult to get out of.

Comment

Something to consider about the defense... they have to practice against our offense. And while we do throw the ball on occasion, I'd imagine that nearly all of the of the first team offensive reps are going to be running plays. By extension our defense doesn't get very many reps against passing offense. At least that's my assumption. Now let's say that we know we are going up against a pass heavy team. Obviously the coaches would have the offense give the defense some looks but our personnel due to the nature of our offense will likely not be as crisp or disciplined in route running and receiving. I think we'll get better at a steady rate. I don't think we're going to be a shut down defense, but if our offense can play keep away and the defense can make stops at crucial points like it did against S&T, then I think we'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
                  Something to consider about the defense... they have to practice against our offense. And while we do throw the ball on occasion, I'd imagine that nearly all of the of the first team offensive reps are going to be running plays. By extension our defense doesn't get very many reps against passing offense. At least that's my assumption. Now let's say that we know we are going up against a pass heavy team. Obviously the coaches would have the offense give the defense some looks but our personnel due to the nature of our offense will likely not be as crisp or disciplined in route running and receiving. I think we'll get better at a steady rate. I don't think we're going to be a shut down defense, but if our offense can play keep away and the defense can make stops at crucial points like it did against S&T, then I think we'll be alright.
                  I've considered that but where our defense gets beat most often is straight Go's.

So long as its bend don't break I can handle that but they have up 2 big pass plays for scores, can't have that and win alot of games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X