Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post

No earned access this year for the GNAC right?
    GNAC has never had earned access. Even when it had the number of teams to qualify for it, the NCAA added a rule that associate football members don't count towards the total. GNAC teams have made the playoffs based on their records, and, most likely, on the NCAA's desire to include a team from the Western US if they're at all close in the final regional rankings. If CWU wins all their games (losing to FCS Idaho doesn't count towards playoff rankings), I imagine they'd make the playoffs. But beating Ferris this Saturday is a tall order.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      If CWU wins all their games (losing to FCS Idaho doesn't count towards playoff rankings), I imagine they'd make the playoffs. But beating Ferris this Saturday is a tall order.
      They definitely have to win out. With how poor the GNAC is doing OOC and with WNMU and SW Baptist both on the schedule who will most likely go a combined 0-20, their SOS will not allow a loss I don't think. On top of only having 10 D2 games.

Comment

GNAC has never had earned access. Even when it had the number of teams to qualify for it, the NCAA added a rule that associate football members don't count towards the total. GNAC teams have made the playoffs based on their records, and, most likely, on the NCAA's desire to include a team from the Western US if they're at all close in the final regional rankings. If CWU wins all their games (losing to FCS Idaho doesn't count towards playoff rankings), I imagine they'd make the playoffs. But beating Ferris this Saturday is a tall order.
        Ferris struggled last week, and were lucky to win against a solid Findlay team. If Jayru Campbell is still out I think you have a decent shot at the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Ferris struggled last week, and were lucky to win against a solid Findlay team. If Jayru Campbell is still out I think you have a decent shot at the upset.
          Yeah, maybe. CWU played -okay- against a bigger team in Idaho. Though a lot of their success came from Idaho being stupid... I'm going to go to the game, but students don't arrive until the week after so who knows what the crowd will be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Better destroy Mesa by the way, if not I'm blaming you.
            Don't blame me, Eastern seems to do well in finding talent and coaches on everything BUT secondary coverage....they got better towards the end but man they are suspect.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

So I should be encouraged that CWU is playing WNMU in a couple weeks?
              Very....
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X