Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT vs William Jewel game thread

Just wanted to start the thread and see what to expect from William Jewel. I know very little about them but saw they were pretty lousy last year. Commerce didn't blow them away but also didn't have the QB situation resolved by that game. They beat Southwest Baptist pretty handily last week but were outgained considerably in total yards.
    ???I assume WT should be able to run the ball on them or generate some sort of offensive production after finding their groove in the 2nd half last week. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Just wanted to start the thread and see what to expect from William Jewel. I know very little about them but saw they were pretty lousy last year. Commerce didn't blow them away but also didn't have the QB situation resolved by that game. They beat Southwest Baptist pretty handily last week but were outgained considerably in total yards.
    ???I assume WT should be able to run the ball on them or generate some sort of offensive production after finding their groove in the 2nd half last week. Any thoughts?
    I think WT in a laugher.

Comment

Watched the SBU, WJC game. Neither team was markedly better than the other, other than SBU repeatedly stubbing their toe. Going 1-6 in the redzone on scoring points is just dumb.

Keep an eye for the Schneider to Jalik Jaggwe connection. It's pretty much their only chance to put up points. They won't run on WT.

On defense, that have some good players, but not enough quality depth. Where they are thin, they are REALLY thin. They have a great corner back in Colum, a good Linebacker, and a couple of decent defensive linemen. WT should be able to wear them down.

WT wins by at least 2 scores. Probably more.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Are any WT fans making the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
          Watched the SBU, WJC game. Neither team was markedly better than the other, other than SBU repeatedly stubbing their toe. Going 1-6 in the redzone on scoring points is just dumb.

Keep an eye for the Schneider to Jalik Jaggwe connection. It's pretty much their only chance to put up points. They won't run on WT.

On defense, that have some good players, but not enough quality depth. Where they are thin, they are REALLY thin. They have a great corner back in Colum, a good Linebacker, and a couple of decent defensive linemen. WT should be able to wear them down.

WT wins by at least 2 scores. Probably more.
          Thanks for the info and insight. I'm glad to see the GLVC streams the games through their app for free. Gonna find the app on Roku tonight. I may try to watch the WJ game from last week if it's archived.

Comment

The local video streaming site https://www.glvcsn.com/jewell/ is now active.

The WT free audio is at http://lonestarconferencenetwork.com/wt/

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

I think WT in a laugher.
              I'm not laughing. Jewel takes the opening kickoff down for a TD, mainly with their passing attack. Jewel 7-0.

Comment

Tobias Harris takes the kickoff 90 yards for a TD. 7-7.

Comment

Jewel QB looks like a stud right now. He has not thrown one bad ball yet.

Comment

Did Tony Romo come out of retirement? Jeez. 11 plays, 75 TD drive. WJ 14 WT 7

Comment

Guy has a super quick release to. A few times I thought we had a sack and then the ball come flying out.

Comment

This is not looking good....
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

WT goes for it on 4th and 1. 14-14.

Comment

Commerce vs WOU feed is terrible with constant buffering. Now I got WT on the big screen and Commerce on the radio.

Comment

They are chewing up our defense. 21-14 bad guys

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X