Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerber throws a marginal pass that Hamilton is able to catch. He makes a great run for another TD. WT 49-21.

Comment

Comment

So far this year... WT is a second half team.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
          So far this year... WT is a second half team.
          First game you could tell Gerber hadn't been at game speed for some time. Play calling was also conservative in the in the first half. Second game we came out flat.
          How do you come out flat?? It also appears that that Wt has an edge in conditioning. We could be a team that plays better as the game wears on. That being said if we don't have a good start next week it will be a long drive back.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

We could be a team that plays better as the game wears on. That being said if we don't have a good start next week it will be a long drive back.
            Agreed. I think they need to ditch the 2 yard passes and be aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Agreed. I think they need to ditch the 2 yard passes and be aggressive.
              APU went into half down 30-0 to Missouri s&t.

Perspective....

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

APU went into half down 30-0 to Missouri s&t.

Perspective....
                Perspective? The real perspective comes next weekend with a road trip to Stephenville.

It does appear that AP is just as big of a lackey as Jewell was today.

IMHO, if WT can stay within 14 points of Tarleton heading into the 4th quarter they will be much improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Perspective? The real perspective comes next weekend with a road trip to Stephenville.

It does appear that AP is just as big of a lackey as Jewell was today.

IMHO, if WT can stay within 14 points of Tarleton heading into the 4th quarter they will be much improved.
                  I agree with this. I do think WT is much improved but they have won games "that they should win". Last years WT team would have had a much more difficult time finding the win against APU or William Jewell because of our lack of offensive production. There is no doubt from anyone who has watched WT football that this year's team is better than last year. But how much better is the question. Like you said next weekend will give the real perspective on how much they have improved.

It is much different when you start LSC play. Not saying the other conferences are cupcakes but it's different when your playing against teams that are going to make runs at a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post

I agree with this. I do think WT is much improved but they have won games "that they should win". Last years WT team would have had a much more difficult time finding the win against APU or William Jewell because of our lack of offensive production. There is no doubt from anyone who has watched WT football that this year's team is better than last year. But how much better is the question. Like you said next weekend will give the real perspective on how much they have improved.

It is much different when you start LSC play. Not saying the other conferences are cupcakes but it's different when your playing against teams that are going to make runs at a championship.
                    So they have been outscored 37 - 21 over basically 5 quarters and then outscored opponents 63 - 0 over 3 quarters. To me Hughes is not getting the effort for over half of the game two weeks straight. Adjustments aren't making that much of a difference to explain those numbers, it's effort and execution. It's something to be concerned about for sure. I'm also still not looking forward to next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Adjustments aren't making that much of a difference to explain those numbers, it's effort and execution. It's something to be concerned about for sure. I'm also still not looking forward to next week.

Comment

I think the play calling is designed to give our players the best chance for success. We are not asking our players to do something they can't. The coaches are simply
                        asking them to make plays that have a high probability of success. We have a group of RB's that could carry the ball more than they do. However, balance is important to success.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I think the play calling is designed to give our players the best chance for success. We are not asking our players to do something they can't. The coaches are simply
                          asking them to make plays that have a high probability of success. We have a group of RB's that could carry the ball more than they do. However, balance is important to success.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X