Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Uh, THE COACHING STAFF WAS THE PROBLEM!!! HELLO
    Coaching staffs do not allow big plays down the middle and only sack a QB once.

Coaching staffs do not miss blocking assignments.

Coaching staffs do not let an offense covert of 66 percent of their 3rd down conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post

Coaching staffs do not allow big plays down the middle and only sack a QB once.

Coaching staffs do not miss blocking assignments.

Coaching staffs do not let an offense covert of 66 percent of their 3rd down conversions.
      Yeah, tell that to the really successful HCs of the world. If you are correct, pray tell what do they need coaches for?

i

Comment

I'm sure nobody in that locker room is happy with that performance. That said, good luck to ENMU running the ball next week. Nothing bad I saw is not fixable. Gonna chalk it up to first game jitters and look forward to going into next week 1-0.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boohaha;n422122]

Eastern needs to go 9-2 on the season to make playoffs, something that NEEDS to happen for the program to progress.

Winning this week and beating commerce next week would go along way toward that goal. Been a while since they started 3-0[/QUOTE]

It will be awhile longer
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

[QUOTE=Great White Buffalo;n422139]
            Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Eastern needs to go 9-2 on the season to make playoffs, something that NEEDS to happen for the program to progress.

Winning this week and beating commerce next week would go along way toward that goal. Been a while since they started 3-0[/QUOTE]

It will be awhile longer
            Probably, but.....we will keep the wheel! And yall will be hiring a new coach.....
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              I'm sure nobody in that locker room is happy with that performance. That said, good luck to ENMU running the ball next week. Nothing bad I saw is not fixable. Gonna chalk it up to first game jitters and look forward to going into next week 1-0.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boohaha;n422151]
                Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Probably, but.....we will keep the wheel! And yall will be hiring a new coach.....
                Don't recall you smokin' peace pipe?!? Vision only clear with pipe. The Wheel shall return.
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Something about making the trip to Oregon makes that game more difficult than it should be on paper. Also, the really tall natural grass field (which is really nice) is a completely different setup than what everyone in our conference is used to. Couple all of that with first game issues and the result doesn't surprise me at all. Just win baby

Comment

If I remember correctly, nearly 40% of their offense came on 2 plays. Missed assignments on deep passes happen early on in the year to everyone. Just gotta get better every week.

I will say this ...I feel much better about this team as a whole than I did after the first couple.of games last year, mainly due to qb. Miklo Smalls played great in his first game on the field in over two years. Once he knocks off the rust we will be MUCH better at qb than we were at any time last year, and we still went two rounds deep with that team.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                      If I remember correctly, nearly 40% of their offense came on 2 plays. Missed assignments on deep passes happen early on in the year to everyone. Just gotta get better every week.

I will say this ...I feel much better about this team as a whole than I did after the first couple.of games last year, mainly due to qb. Miklo Smalls played great in his first game on the field in over two years. Once he knocks off the rust we will be MUCH better at qb than we were at any time last year, and we still went two rounds deep with that team.

We'll see.
                      There also seemed to be some confusion on the o-line. Looked like lots of missed assignments. Still, stuff that can get cleaned up pretty quick by watching tape and emphasizing it during practice. Im not real worried yet - I was far more concerned at this point last season.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

There also seemed to be some confusion on the o-line. Looked like lots of missed assignments. Still, stuff that can get cleaned up pretty quick by watching tape and emphasizing it during practice. Im not real worried yet - I was far more concerned at this point last season.
                        The whole conversation sounds like the new coaching staff was ill prepared.

Comment

The players are also on their 2nd head coach and 3rd oc in 3 years. Bound to be some confusion at game speed early. Correcting it quickly is the task now. Also the 2 big plays lion fan mentioned were on Dominique Ramsey, probably trying to do too much. He is a good one though and will rein himself in Im sure.

Comment

Comment

I think ENMU has like 400 yards on the ground each of the last 2 games. I expect our experienced defense can hold them to less than 300 and hopefully 250, and I hope they let Miklo throw the ball more. That should happen, so I am comfortable calling it commerce by 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

BREAKING NEWS: Techster88 is not a fan of the Lions coaching staff.The talent is there, just got to put it together for 4 quarters.

Correct on both topics. I was hoping Bailiff could prove me wrong as I have been a critic of his for years. Accountability just never seems to enter into the equation. I wonder how long until other Lion fans sour on this style of coaching. You had an extra week to get these talented guys ready and this was what showed up. Definitely talented or they would have lost the game.

I wouldn't be as bold as Jake to say after one game that new QB is better than Kane. I was pleasantly surprised with his ability and look for good things out of him this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X