Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Correct on both topics. I was hoping Bailiff could prove me wrong as I have been a critic of his for years. Accountability just never seems to enter into the equation. I wonder how long until other Lion fans sour on this style of coaching. You had an extra week to get these talented guys ready and this was what showed up. Definitely talented or they would have lost the game.

I wouldn't be as bold as Jake to say after one game that new QB is better than Kane. I was pleasantly surprised with his ability and look for good things out of him this season.
    In terms of talent, he's miles ahead Wilson on the field, and twelve miles ahead of him off it.
    Last edited by LionFan; 09-17-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I wouldn't be as bold as Jake to say after one game that new QB is better than Kane. I was pleasantly surprised with his ability and look for good things out of him this season.
      If you wanna talk about Coaching I think this is where you have a point, but the other way around. Smalls is actually allowed to tuck it and and run, not required to stay in the pocket like a sitting duck until all his 5 reads are made and fold up like a cheap tent when nobody is open. Hamstringing your QB is never a good thing. Some coaching staffs are just enamored with big bodies and arm strength and think that is what makes a successful QB. I prefer a QB who can operate your system but realizes plays are going to break down and it is not against the rules to tuck it and run out of bounds of slide instead of being dropped for a 15 yard loss whenever someone is not open after 2 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post

If you wanna talk about Coaching I think this is where you have a point, but the other way around. Smalls is actually allowed to tuck it and and run, not required to stay in the pocket like a sitting duck until all his 5 reads are made and fold up like a cheap tent when nobody is open. Hamstringing your QB is never a good thing. Some coaching staffs are just enamored with big bodies and arm strength and think that is what makes a successful QB. I prefer a QB who can operate your system but realizes plays are going to break down and it is not against the rules to tuck it and run out of bounds of slide instead of being dropped for a 15 yard loss whenever someone is not open after 2 seconds.

Comment

Oh No argument here. Just blowing off some steam about previous situations we had.

BTW, that is a Bummer about Bowman being out. Tech just cannot get a break in Football anymore.

Maybe Duffy will pull his head out and play up to his potential. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post

Oh No argument here. Just blowing off some steam about previous situations we had.

BTW, that is a Bummer about Bowman being out. Tech just cannot get a break in Football anymore.

Maybe Duffy will pull his head out and play up to his potential. Maybe.
            Tech made me miserable last Saturday night. But, it should have been expected. The AD let Kliff totally decimate the program with poor recruitment for the last couple of years before they finally showed him the door.

I do do like the way Wells is trying to build a foundation moving forward. The jury will be out on him for at least three seasons. But, they are thin on talent this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X