Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs

MSU does not get in. I agree 100% after the way we played last week, we were not a playoff team.

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    MSU does not get in. I agree 100% after the way we played last week, we were not a playoff team.

Comment

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...shipManual.pdf

My understanding of that is that if a conference champion is in the top 9 and the conference is otherwise not represented in the championship field, that team gets in. Seems that if CWU won yesterday, they would have gotten the #7 by this logic. Of course, I may be wrong.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
          https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...shipManual.pdf

My understanding of that is that if a conference champion is in the top 9 and the conference is otherwise not represented in the championship field, that team gets in. Seems that if CWU won yesterday, they would have gotten the #7 by this logic. Of course, I may be wrong.
          The GNAC is, rather famously, ineligible for Earned Access, to the extent that out here we call it the "GNAC+1 Rule." Thrilled just to have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
            The GNAC is, rather famously, ineligible for Earned Access, to the extent that out here we call it the "GNAC+1 Rule." Thrilled just to have a shot.
            Might have helped if I actually took the time to read the list of conferences!

Comment

If we win week one, we would play the winner of Minn Duluth and Commerce.

Comment

Comment

Maybe that was the committee's logic exactly: Tarleton already beat Midwestern, so why should they even play again? Still surprised they didn't get the nod for the 7-seed, but I don't know what all goes on behind the doors of the selection committee's room.

Comment

If what they said on the selection show is true, then APU got credit for beating a team they had already lost to.

Comment

If what they said on the selection show is true, then APU got credit for beating a team they had already lost to.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                        It won't even be close IMO. Azusa isn't near what Tarleton brings

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                          You guys should have a bye. Period.
                          <>

Comment

BS! The committee will not leave a conference out.

The rules are there for a reason, if they are not going to leave a conference out then just make the rules say such. Its easy!

Criteria 1, the highest ranked team from each conference at the end of the season will recieve a birth in the Playoffs. This is what they do, but it is NOT found anywhere in the criteria.

Ugh earned access is not there for the GNAC but they dont need it the way the committee runs things. Eliminate the rule and adobt what i wrote above. Leave the guess work out.
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                              You guys should have a bye. Period.
                              Not having a full D2 schedule hurts in the current system. Like it or not it isn't an unknown thing for teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X