Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerce at Eastern

Eastern At Commerce.....Sorry Flipped it!

Well the only game out of the active fans that doesn't have its own thread.....

Eastern by 7.....

Commerce while talented is undisciplined and lacks direction. The WOU game was much closer than it should have been and shows a team that has been drinking its own Kool Aid.

HAHAHA.... Come on boys its time for the Niceties to end let the Hunger games BEGIN!!!!!
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    Eastern At Commerce.....Sorry Flipped it!

Well the only game out of the active fans that doesn't have its own thread.....

Eastern by 7.....

Commerce while talented is undisciplined and lacks direction. The WOU game was much closer than it should have been and shows a team that has been drinking its own Kool Aid.

HAHAHA.... Come on boys its time for the Niceties to end let the Hunger games BEGIN!!!!!
    Y'all aren't coming in here and running for 450 yards this week. Im guessing about half that, maybe less. ET by 2 scores.

Comment

I like drinking the kool-aid, but I'm not inherently cocky about ENMU. The defense needs to buckle down against long balls of which I'm sure there will be plenty thrown this week. That said, I actually feel that we'll be able to run the ball without too much issues. I will say that a lot of yards, doesn't always mean a lot of points, so there's that to consider. If the Greyhounds can play keep away and just eat the clock we might sneak away with it, but if Commerce just scores at will, then clock-management will be a moot point. I'll take the homer vote and say ENMU by 3.

Comment

Comment

Bailiff beat Air Force 33-14 in the armed forces bowl a few years back with Rice, so he is familiar.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              Bailiff beat Air Force 33-14 in the armed forces bowl a few years back with Rice, so he is familiar.

Comment

Actually the Lions started practicing against it in preseason already. While this type of offense is not common, let's not act like it's a hot girl on Portales. They're aware this offense exists.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  While this type of offense is not common, let's not act like it's a hot girl on Portales. They're aware this offense exists.
                  LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                    Actually the Lions started practicing against it in preseason already. While this type of offense is not common, let's not act like it's a hot girl on Portales. They're aware this offense exists.
                    Yeah, like they have been practicing get ready for the real season opener in Oregon.

Hounds choked up a 20 point lead and barely escaped against a better opponent imho than WOU. This game is a lot closer than it should be. Lions escape again by a one score win mostly due to the mistake prone Hounds team.

Real test for Lions will be in Colorado later, and that will probably determine their season.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Yeah, like they have been practicing get ready for the real season opener in Oregon.

Hounds choked up a 20 point lead and barely escaped against a better opponent imho than WOU. This game is a lot closer than it should be. Lions escape again by a one score win mostly due to the mistake prone Hounds team.

Real test for Lions will be in Colorado later, and that will probably determine their season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post
                        but realize that while your football acumen is questionable, your trolling game is next level, Lol. Carry on...
                        Last year TAMUC had 11 D2 games so a couple of losses to good teams left you at 9-2 and a best case scenario to get into the playoffs. This year you only have 10 D2 games and a loss to CSUP would mean you would most likely have to run the table against the rest of the LSC which is not likely imho. Sorry for the reality check. Very little room for error.Midwestern got left out with an 8-2 record.

TSU & MW in the same boat also, so someone is going to get left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

For the Hounds the mistake was in a singular unit the punt team, and should be easily fixed.

They have at least had 2 teams similar to Commerce to play against.

Lee has been running his system and succeeding for sometime now, if Walton's defense can get to where they can hold opponents to 20 points or less they are going to win alot of games.

Commerce's athleticism is a big advantage but if Lee can get the over pursuing or chasing Hounds can run.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

For the Hounds the mistake was in a singular unit the punt team, and should be easily fixed.

They have at least had 2 teams similar to Commerce to play against.

Lee has been running his system and succeeding for sometime now, if Walton's defense can get to where they can hold opponents to 20 points or less they are going to win alot of games.

Commerce's athleticism is a big advantage but if Lee can get the over pursuing or chasing Hounds can run.
                            TAMUC should win this game by a couple of TDs on paper. But, until I see a much improved Lion team this game is going to be a lot closer than some expect.

if ENMU is ever gonna make a jump this maybe their opportunity. I still believe Lion talent will / should win this one.

Comment

You know I remember the Greyhounds getting zero respect, I'm glad that we're not so easily dismissed by those who know football with any modicum of competence, but we still haven't been recognized as one of the "big boys". Hell even when we tied for conference champs people called it a fluke of the scheduling system. And getting left out of the big dance the year we went 8-2 felt like a huge slap in the face, but last year we didn't do much to show we were contenders. It be nice to gather some accolades this year, i.e. knock some ranked teams off their high horses. We've done it before (WT I'm looking at you), but while there are those who may think rankings mean nothing (and yeah sometimes they don't), I think our 3 currently nationally ranked conference teams are very deserving of the distinction. If Greyhounds do win, I just want people to recognize the program as good, rather than just dismiss Commerce as not being as good as people thought. That kind of backhanded dismissal is always frustrating for me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X