Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Yep. On another note, Tech actually looked like a respectable team against Okie State. They will probably go back to looking like the team they did against OU, next week.

Comment

2009? Has it been that long?

I'm convinced Leach cast a curse on Tech on his way out of town much like the long legendary curse placed on n the Red Sux and Cubbies.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post
          Sad that the Javelinas have to make another change again but his time is up.
          Sadly you are probably correct. When the deed is done, what needs to be the next words out of the AD and President's mouth or typed press release is this is what will be done different this time. Screw the search committees and all that jazz. You people at college hall and the AD's office know exactly why we are here and what needs to be done to get us back to respectability.

You have to wonder what might have been if our administration of current and past had done things needed to keep this program competitive and marketable? Wilk will go in as another brick in the wall along with Cundiff, Attaberry, and,Calloway in our monument of mediocrity and disregard which is now into it's second decade. It's shame all four men never got the support needed to keep the tradition on a solid foundation. I hate coaching changes during adversity because it's standard for changes not to be felt for a season or two. But I will hate this one even more for the simple reason we have no plan other than words to deal with what needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Sadly you are probably correct. When the deed is done, what needs to be the next words out of the AD and President's mouth or typed press release is this is what will be done different this time. Screw the search committees and all that jazz. You people at college hall and the AD's office know exactly why we are here and what needs to be done to get us back to respectability.

You have to wonder what might have been if our administration of current and past had done things needed to keep this program competitive and marketable? Wilk will go in as another brick in the wall along with Cundiff, Attaberry, and,Calloway in our monument of mediocrity and disregard which is now into it's second decade. It's shame all four men never got the support needed to keep the tradition on a solid foundation. I hate coaching changes during adversity because it's standard for changes not to be felt for a season or two. But I will hate this one even more for the simple reason we have no plan other than words to deal with what needs to be done.
            Serious question:
            Can Kingsville attract a quality Head Coach??
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Serious question:
              Can the Dallas Cowboys? What quality HC would want to report to Jerruh "The GIANT EGO" Jones knowing you would never have 100% control over anything? I'm not even sure Garrett is a bad HC since I have to believe every decision, call, etc has been influenced by JJ (I could be wrong about this part, but would anyone be surprised if that was true?).

That being said, I'm not so sure Wilkinson is a bad HC given he's been fighting an uphill battle from day one. Oh, and by the way, we're tying one hand behind his back as we're blindfolding him too. I was going to give the ENeMaU coaches props for doing so well with so little, but at least they have a new stadium to land recruits (and possibly other upgrades). I could be wrong, but we have caca to show them except a huge trophy room of our "also ran" days. Could we attract a quality HC? I think we can, but not until our administration reveals a plan (a REAL plan, not just a dream) to bring our facilities, scholarship levels, and support for our program to a level of respectability.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

Can the Dallas Cowboys? What quality HC would want to report to Jerruh "The GIANT EGO" Jones knowing you would never have 100% control over anything? I'm not even sure Garrett is a bad HC since I have to believe every decision, call, etc has been influenced by JJ (I could be wrong about this part, but would anyone be surprised if that was true?).

That being said, I'm not so sure Wilkinson is a bad HC given he's been fighting an uphill battle from day one. Oh, and by the way, we're tying one hand behind his back as we're blindfolding him too. I was going to give the ENeMaU coaches props for doing so well with so little, but at least they have a new stadium to land recruits (and possibly other upgrades). I could be wrong, but we have caca to show them except a huge trophy room of our "also ran" days. Could we attract a quality HC? I think we can, but not until our administration reveals a plan (a REAL plan, not just a dream) to bring our facilities, scholarship levels, and support for our program to a level of respectability.

GO HOGS!!!
                Great White Buff,

This is exactly correct. I've never been on the "fire the coach" bandwagon like you will find elsewhere. Mostly because I know whom ever we bring in will be almost in the same boat if all of what '89HOG just noted is not addressed in serious way. Whatever path we chose, it needs to be done almost 100% correct this time. Timelines have to be set up for the next coach to be able to show recruits you will get to play or use this by Junior year for example. And accountability needs to be established to hold the AD and President accountable this time if they fail to follow through. No more of this they did good things elsewhere, so let's just let it go with our football program. No, this time around the football program needs to be front and center. If they want to give Wilk one more chance with a new set of tools to recruit with, I'm for it.

Comment

There has to be a 100% commitment like has been mentioned on here by others but if we go into next season with Wilkinson as the head coach, you almost know that the program is pushing out this plan for at least another year. You would think with the new president taking over this past year that he would want to part of the turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

GO HOGS!!!

None! You have to be LACKEY like JG. That is why all the talent and lack of a solid HC has produced 0 titles since 94. Mark my words the Cowboys will NEVER win another title until he is either dead or no longer part of running the team

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

None! You have to be LACKEY like JG. That is why all the talent and lack of a solid HC has produced 0 titles since 94. Mark my words the Cowboys will NEVER win another title until he is either dead or no longer part of running the team
                      But then Junior will just step in and keep on keeping on.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

But then Junior will just step in and keep on keeping on.
                        I hate to say this, but you are probably right.

As long as the $$$$ keep flowing into Jones bank account thanks to the fan base buying merchandise at the local Academy and paying $14 for a hot dog at Jerryworld, the mediocrity will continue. And mind you this is the same fan base who *****es about Jones every time they lose. But if you dare point out something to the contrary when they win, they will call you a Cowboy hater even though you might be a fan yourself, but you just fail to wrap yourself in blue and silver on your Facebook page or wear a T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Serious question:
                          I've been hoping that Texas A&M University-Kingsville would gauge whether Art Briles would even be interested. Yeah, he really blew it at Baylor. However, he was one heck of a coach at Houston and Baylor. If he seeks a bit of redemption, a D2 program like the Javelinas might be perfect for him.

As for the Cowboys: I am a life-long fan of the Cowboys (even though I am from the East Coast originally). Even when I attend 49ers and Raiders games nearby, I always wear my Cowboys hat, sweatshirts or shirts. Most people look, shake their heads and comment about how they feel sorry for me for so many seasons of dashed hopes.

Jerry Jones wouldn't be so bad if he'd simply hire a good GM. In other words, he needs to fire himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post

I've been hoping that Texas A&M University-Kingsville would gauge whether Art Briles would even be interested. Yeah, he really blew it at Baylor. However, he was one heck of a coach at Houston and Baylor. If he seeks a bit of redemption, a D2 program like the Javelinas might be perfect for him.

As for the Cowboys: I am a life-long fan of the Cowboys (even though I am from the East Coast originally). Even when I attend 49ers and Raiders games nearby, I always wear my Cowboys hat, sweatshirts or shirts. Most people look, shake their heads and comment about how they feel sorry for me for so many seasons of dashed hopes.

Jerry Jones wouldn't be so bad if he'd simply hire a good GM. In other words, he needs to fire himself.

Comment

If Wilkinson wasn't coaching the Javelinas, who else could they possibly turn to?

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post
                                There has to be a 100% commitment like has been mentioned on here by others but if we go into next season with Wilkinson as the head coach, you almost know that the program is pushing out this plan for at least another year. You would think with the new president taking over this past year that he would want to part of the turnaround.
                                What is the Athletic Director doing?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X