Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be watching the finals. Looks like Mook has turned the program. Should be a force next year.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The Eagles managed to load the bases in the bottom of the 7th but Lair was finally able to finish them off with no runs. This was truly an amazing win by WT! They will meet Angelo tomorrow to play for the LSC championship. That pairing has a very familiar ring.
      At least something is back to the old normal

Comment

• End of Three: 6 - 0 Wt

Comment

• Comment

• We have a winner: End of 5 Wt 10 - 0

Comment

• Great LSC tournament win for WT. They had the big bats when it counted. Getting out of the 3rd with the bases loaded and no runs allowed to Angelo was the turning point.

Now, the Big Questions. Final regional rankings? Who will host the regional?

Comment

• I had serious doubts about WT after so many losses to LSC teams. We were blown out in both games against UT Tyler, were swept by Commerce, then blown out in the first game against OCU. In the second game, OCU was way ahead but WT mounted a furious but unsuccessful rally, losing by a run.

That is the last time we lost. Today we matched up against Angelo State, a team we had split with in Canyon by the shocking scores of 13-5 and 13-17. I expected a close game.

WT scored 5 runs in the first inning, 4 of them on a grand slam by late blooming freshman Madison Johnson, who was rightfully named the MVP of the tournament. McBroom, Cordell, Salzman, and Lair were also named for their exceptional play. Emilee Wilson was not, but performed as well or better than Lair during the 3 games, including pitching the last 3 innings of todays 10-0 win over a very good Angelo team.

Coach Mook took a team that was only 20-10 in LSC play and turned them into the LSC Conference Tournament winners, an amazing achievement, especially on the road. I don't always agree with his decisions but no one can argue with his recent results.

The Regionals playoff bracket will be announced tomorrow night. We'll be there. I hope we don't have to play OCU or Angelo because they will be looking for blood.
                Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-15-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  Great LSC tournament win for WT. They had the big bats when it counted. Getting out of the 3rd with the bases loaded and no runs allowed to Angelo was the turning point.

Now, the Big Questions. Final regional rankings? Who will host the regional?
                  Commerce will host the Regionals. That was decided weeks ago.

Comment

Commerce will host the Regionals. That was decided weeks ago.
                    yeah, yeah. I forgot. The woke NCAA poobahs changed the traditional way of running the playoffs.

So, it comes down to regional rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

yeah, yeah. I forgot. The woke NCAA poobahs changed the traditional way of running the playoffs.

So, it comes down to regional rankings.
                      That's the best explanation I've heard so far, because it doesn't make sense to me. OCU had a much better record when the decision was made. Now WT does too.

The good news is we won't have to listen to the OCU announcer who talks about the Dunckels constantly. I had to mute him a lot toward the end. The one today took 2 innings to figure out Emilee Wilson had replaced Lair, despite a completely different build and Wilson's headgear.

It would also be nice if the LSC could come up with less repetitive plugs. The "We...We...We" spot was on 4 times by the middle of the first inning. It's okay once per game, but not 20 times. That ENMU girl is cute though.

Comment

• When Coach Mook came to the Lady Buffs, the cupboard was pretty bare. We had McBroom, Salzman, Cordell, and Lair as the main producers. Mook brought half (6) of his NAIA recruiting class with him as well as pitcher Emilee Wilson (who by the way got the win for 2 of the 3 games this weekend and hasn't given up an earned run since April). 4 of the NAIA recruits are still on the team, though none are currently starting. So hopefully with some good recruiting at the D2 level, his results will be even better. Personally I think he should win coach of the year for what he's done this season.

http://www.vcsuvikings.com/article/3203

Comment

When Coach Mook came to the Lady Buffs, the cupboard was pretty bare. We had McBroom, Salzman, Cordell, and Lair as the main producers. Mook brought half (6) of his NAIA recruiting class with him as well as pitcher Emilee Wilson (who by the way got the win for 2 of the 3 games this weekend and hasn't given up an earned run since April). 4 of the NAIA recruits are still on the team, though none are currently starting. So hopefully with some good recruiting at the D2 level, his results will be even better. Personally I think he should win coach of the year for what he's done this season.

http://www.vcsuvikings.com/article/3203
                          Mook'd get my "unbiased" vote. I'll admit I was on the fence when Mook was hired. I think the 2021-2022 recruits already signed will replace our 3 seniors and improve the rest of the line-up. Softball will still be very young next season. I might try and sign a couple of juco kids to help balance out the classes. Even a couple grad transfers, if possible.

It looks like AD McBroom has hit another coaching hire HOME RUN. Let's hope his knack continues for the Lady Buff basketball hire.
                          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-17-2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• The Regional brackets were just announced. OCU is the #1 seed. WT is #2.

Mesa, Kingsville, Commerce, and Angelo all made the cut.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/softball/...selection-show

Comment

• NCAA Division II Softball South Central Regional Tournament
                              Commerce, Texas

Wednesday, May 19
                              Game 1: (4) Colorado Mesa vs. (5) Texas A&M-Commerce - Noon
                              Game 2: (3) Angelo State vs. (6) Texas A&M-Kingsville - 3 p.m.
                              Game 3: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2 - 6 p.m.

Thursday, May 20
                              Game 4: (1) Oklahoma Christian vs. Winner Game 1 - Noon
                              Game 5: (2) West Texas A&M vs. Winner Game 2 - 3 p.m.
                              Game 6: Loser Game 4 vs. Loser Game 5 - 6 p.m.

Friday, May 21
                              Game 7: Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5 - Noon
                              Game 8: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 6 - 3 p.m.
                              Game 9: Loser Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8 - 6 p.m.

Saturday, May 22
                              Game 10: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 9 - Noon
                              Game 11: if necessary

Comment

• Commerce hung on for a tough 4-3 win over Mesa in the opener. Kville and Angelo about ready to get started in 15 minutes or so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X