Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    The teams played for over 3 hours, with OU dominating. I did like watching the OU team, many of which could share the same uniform - they seem to be Amazons! Their starting pitcher did a little dance and hop before throwing incredible pitches. OU's left fielder stole hits and at least 1 run with her incredible speed and determination. Both she and the center fielder made diving catches of what I thought would be uncatchable balls. Finally in the 9th WT hit a ball into shallow left field that 3 reserve OU players watched fall between them. It was good for a laugh. Coach Mook is trying to challenge our team by lining up top quality opponents (unlike football). He had agreements with Oklahoma State and UCLA but they fell through due to COVID and transportation issues to California. I think he's also getting exposure to big name D1 teams because I expect him to be coaching at one of them before too long. WT is still a very young team with the lone senior a transfer catcher from Abilene Christian and 4 juniors, including a new transfer from Nebraska. We have the new junior at 3rd, the former 3rdbaseman at 2nd, and a new shortstop. They made a lot of mistakes but Mook will get them fixed.
    This is the difference between D1 & D2. D1 players are bigger stronger and faster. That does not change the desire or winning attitude of D2 players.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• 5 new signees for WT.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2021/11/1...e897AVBTV_gGLU

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        Must be nice to have an SID who does his/her job.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X