• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

1) He was talking about NEXT YEAR already. lmao
    2) It was to Chip, who is one of the few folks with an appropriate sense of humor around here. Im sure he will rally from whatever psychiatric damage my post may have subjected him to.
    3) I been showing them respect the entire season.
    4) They were still 1-3 vs Commerce this season.
    You just can't buy class. 7070707

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Easy there Betty, pull them panties out of your crack. Nobody trying to take your trophy away. You right, nobody is in the same class as the mighty Buffs, except possibly UT Tyler. Im sure you will win more than one against Commerce next year. In fact, Im sure it will be a run-rule sweep for those mighty Buffs in ALL the games against Commerce. Maybe Commerce shouldnt even bother showing up.
    My post was said in complete smart ass absurdity mode. A proper smirking emoji followed by a smile would have conveyed that. Got you! haha!

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Seriously Jake??? Give the Lady Buffs their respect!! They earned it!! TWICE.

Remember how you were when the Lions won a natty?

"Do onto others....."
    1) He was talking about NEXT YEAR already. lmao
    2) It was to Chip, who is one of the few folks with an appropriate sense of humor around here. Im sure he will rally from whatever psychiatric damage my post may have subjected him to.
    3) I been showing them respect the entire season.
    4) They were still 1-3 vs Commerce this season.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Easy there Betty, pull them panties out of your crack. Nobody trying to take your trophy away. You right, nobody is in the same class as the mighty Buffs, except possibly UT Tyler. Im sure you will win more than one against Commerce next year. In fact, Im sure it will be a run-rule sweep for those mighty Buffs in ALL the games against Commerce. Maybe Commerce shouldnt even bother showing up.
    Seriously Jake??? Give the Lady Buffs their respect!! They earned it!! TWICE.

Remember how you were when the Lions won a natty?

"Do onto others....."

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

No one doubts that Tyler, OCU, and Commerce are GREAT teams. We will have to play our best to beat them next year.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I guess that makes Commerce the National Champs. Congratulations are in order!

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Yall were 1-3 against Commerce also.
    I guess that makes Commerce the National Champs. Congratulations are in order!

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied

We lose those 3 seniors, McBroom (catcher), Vessels (2nd base), Cordell (ss). All seniors or grads. We return 14 freshmen or redshirt freshmen and 3 sophomores. No juniors. Unless Mook has recruited specific replacements for c, 2nd, and ss that he believes can step in next season and play right away, this might be the perfect time to get portal seniors to come in for 1 year.

Still, Lady Buffs have a GREAT young team returning. Plus a slew of incoming freshmen.

But, can we beat UT-Tyler next year?
    Yall were 1-3 against Commerce also.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

We lose those 3 seniors, McBroom (catcher), Vessels (2nd base), Cordell (ss). All seniors or grads. We return 14 freshmen or redshirt freshmen and 3 sophomores. No juniors. Unless Mook has recruited specific replacements for c, 2nd, and ss that he believes can step in next season and play right away, this might be the perfect time to get portal seniors to come in for 1 year.

Still, Lady Buffs have a GREAT young team returning. Plus a slew of incoming freshmen.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Hoping current WT softball players do not use the portal to transfer to D1 schools like the men's basketball team did.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

All good questions, but too early for me. You can bet Mook has a good plan though.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    This is a nice write up by Kale Steed. https://www.presspasssports.com/post...tch-grand-slam

I hadn't really thought about it but all 3 seniors were on base when Valforte hit the grand slam. It's something they can all tell their grandkids about.

Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-02-2021, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Huge CONGRATS to WT and all their fans!!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    This is a nice write up by Kale Steed. https://www.presspasssports.com/post...tch-grand-slam

I hadn't really thought about it but all 3 seniors were on base when Valforte hit the grand slam. It's something they can all tell their grandkids about.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Man, I'll tell ya, my hands were clammy as hell after Biola hit that homer. I was certain we'd lose 1-0. Me of little faith.

Villaforte did something I've said for years. A batter is likely to get a good first pitch to hit at the plate. Be ready to hit the first pitch and be aggressive. Too damn many hitters take that first pitch.

What an improbable season. WOW!!!!!!
    Yeah, against Paige Austin you can't afford to give up anything. However you could tell Austin was feeling the pressure today, which is understandable.

I'm so glad Lair recovered quickly and definitely benefited from her time off. She was amazing.

I dont know how Mook turned a team that was 20-10 in LSC play into National Champions, but he had better win Coach of the Year and get a huge raise. I think it might be hard to keep him around very many years because D1 teams will want him.

Biola was the only nonconference opponent to beat us all year!

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Like in 2014, all scoring was by home runs. Luckily ours was a grand slam by Valforte against the fabulous pitcher Paige Austin. Lair was brilliant.

WT wins it all 4-1.

Mook is a magician! Give that guy a huge raise!
    Man, I'll tell ya, my hands were clammy as hell after Biola hit that homer. I was certain we'd lose 1-0. Me of little faith.

Valforte did something I've said for years. A batter is likely to get a good first pitch to hit at the plate. Be ready to hit the first pitch and be aggressive. Too damn many hitters take that first pitch.

What an improbable season. WOW!!!!!!
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-01-2021, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X