Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Softball

I'm really excited about the upcoming season. New coach Mike Mook sounds like a thinker, not a bully, and somehow he's managed to bring the bulk of his previous school's recruits, plus his top pitcher, and assistant coach..

I am very sad to report the loss of 3B/C Mel Huggins, who is now playing for UCO. She should have been on the field 99% of the time last year, but....

Great pitching should be the name of the game. Hopefully good hitting will be there as well.

The roster is very youthful. Only 7 players return from last year. One of those is a redshirt freshman.

https://gobuffsgo.com/roster.aspx?path=softball

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    I'm really excited about the upcoming season. New coach Mike Mook sounds like a thinker, not a bully, and somehow he's managed to bring the bulk of his previous school's recruits, plus his top pitcher, and assistant coach..

I am very sad to report the loss of 3B/C Mel Huggins, who is now playing for UCO. She should have been on the field 99% of the time last year, but....

Great pitching should be the name of the game. Hopefully good hitting will be there as well.

The roster is very youthful. Only 7 players return from last year. One of those is a redshirt freshman.

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by wt_tkw View Post
      i'm really excited about the upcoming season. New coach mike mook sounds like a thinker, not a bully, and somehow he's managed to bring the bulk of his previous school's recruits, plus his top pitcher, and assistant coach..

I am very sad to report the loss of 3b/c mel huggins, who is now playing for uco. She should have been on the field 99% of the time last year, but....

and
      7mao

Comment

Should be an exciting year. Had several conversations with him. He's a pitching and defense coach. Talked to several players (at football games) seems to be well-liked. Every player remarked about what a change it is.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY TOOO SOOOON. Even for you loser Buffoons!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY TOOO SOOOON. Even for you loser Buffoons!!!
            It's not too soon, they are already doing the fall scrimmages.

Take your Alzheimer's meds.

Last edited by WT_TKW; 09-25-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Commerce and Kingsville are the top teams in the LSC. I think Commerce wins it this year in conference, and might make noise for the Natty. But thanks for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Commerce and Kingsville are the top teams in the LSC. I think Commerce wins it this year in conference, and might make noise for the Natty. But thanks for playing.
                Don't be surprised if ASU is in that conversation

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

Don't be surprised if ASU is in that conversation
                  Never surprised by ASU. But commerce and kingsville are basically returning their entire teams from last year and they were ahead of everyone in conference.

Comment

Never surprised by ASU. But commerce and kingsville are basically returning their entire teams from last year and they were ahead of everyone in conference.
                    Agreed with that, as is ASU. Plus bringing in two pitchers who should be drastic improvements from last year which was clearly the weak link for our team last year. Should be a fun year in the LSC

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

Agreed with that, as is ASU. Plus bringing in two pitchers who should be drastic improvements from last year which was clearly the weak link for our team last year. Should be a fun year in the LSC
                      Plus you have a proven coaching staff!

Our pitching should also be better, but there ARE a lot of unknowns. Most of the team was recruited to the Coach's previous team, which is NAIA. However, based on his results in the past, he seems to have a good eye for talent. The WT teammates of the pitcher he brought with him say she is VERY hard to hit.

It's possible we will have an entirely new infield, with the exception of our short stop. I am betting we won't have anyone who hits .000 playing regularly, unlike last year! Sadly we also won't have Starkey, Moore, and Huggins.

The LSC has been strong in softball for a long time, I think it will be even stronger this year.

Comment

No one should overlook Cameron either.

Tarleton is no slouch either.

almost forgot St. Mays and OCU.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

No one should overlook Cameron either.

Tarleton is no slouch either.
                          Cameron has hammered every one of our best pitchers. In one game, we were ahead something like 7-0 in the top of the 7th. We lost. Rita, Hannah, and Tori all tried to stop them and couldn't. I never take them for granted.

Comment

Plus you have a proven coaching staff!

Our pitching should also be better, but there ARE a lot of unknowns. Most of the team was recruited to the Coach's previous team, which is NAIA. However, based on his results in the past, he seems to have a good eye for talent. The WT teammates of the pitcher he brought with him say she is VERY hard to hit.

It's possible we will have an entirely new infield, with the exception of our short stop. I am betting we won't have anyone who hits .000 playing regularly, unlike last year! Sadly we also won't have Starkey, Moore, and Huggins.

The LSC has been strong in softball for a long time, I think it will be even stronger this year.
                            You call tell Cordell has spent time in the weight room. Stronger arm and more pop in the bat. Was in the 4 hole last weekend in Albq., not batting 9th like last year. Had an HR last weekend also, should have a good year.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

The WT 2020 softball conference schedule has been posted; it looks a lot different that in the past. After the first few weeks the games will be on Thursdays and Saturdays. Each series is 2 games.

https://gobuffsgo.com/schedule.aspx?path=softball

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X