Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    The WT 2020 softball conference schedule has been posted; it looks a lot different that in the past. After the first few weeks the games will be on Thursdays and Saturdays. Each series is 2 games.

https://gobuffsgo.com/schedule.aspx?path=softball
    What a weird schedule. No out of conference region games is odd, will be tough to compare to the RMAC without any games against them until the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

What a weird schedule. No out of conference region games is odd, will be tough to compare to the RMAC without any games against them until the postseason.
      This is just the conference schedule. I had the same reaction as you, and couldn't believe they weren't starting the season until March. I guess they are working on the rest. I did find that LCU is playing us in February, so some of it is done.

The Thursday and Saturday primary schedule is going to take some getting used to. However, it does allow the team to make multiple road trips on a weekend with a day off to travel.

Comment

Cameron has hammered every one of our best pitchers. In one game, we were ahead something like 7-0 in the top of the 7th. We lost. Rita, Hannah, and Tori all tried to stop them and couldn't. I never take them for granted.
        Cameron did lose their Head Coach. He is now on the staff at TAMUK.

Comment

Hogs going to be tough.....now is fall softball exhibition season and Hogs played two in San Antonio against UIW (D-1), and split, and then went to University of Houston on Sunday. Cougars went to D-1 regionals in 2018. Hogs blasted them good in game one 7-2, ended up losing the second game 10-11 in ten. BUT outhit the Cougs in both games (last time I looked we had 25 hits to 16, 17 for Cougs). Only lost the second when we pulled our starting pitcher and replaced her with an incoming frosh, to give her experience, whereas Cougs played their star starting pitcher all the way thru 10.

Hogs going to be a danger to lots of folks in spring.

Unfortunately, nothing to post up about re football.....

lantana

Comment

Originally posted by lantana View Post
            Hogs going to be tough.....now is fall softball exhibition season and Hogs played two in San Antonio against UIW (D-1), and split, and then went to University of Houston on Sunday. Cougars went to D-1 regionals in 2018. Hogs blasted them good in game one 7-2, ended up losing the second game 10-11 in ten. BUT outhit the Cougs in both games (last time I looked we had 25 hits to 16, 17 for Cougs). Only lost the second when we pulled our starting pitcher and replaced her with an incoming frosh, to give her experience, whereas Cougs played their star starting pitcher all the way thru 10.

Hogs going to be a danger to lots of folks in spring.

Unfortunately, nothing to post up about re football.....

lantana
            NCAA? Hello, yes I would like to report a violation as Kingsville is using a high school senior on their softball team ;)
            Just messing with you, I believe they lose the "incoming" part when they are actually enrolled and on campus.

Comment

Wt Fans: Inter-squad game at 2 o'clock today.
              Free Burgers after the game - meet the players.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                Sounds great, wish I could make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                  How was this? It had to be more fun to watch than the football team.

Comment

How was this? It had to be more fun to watch than the football team.
                    It was a great afternoon of softball. The change in the atmosphere and attitude of the players was very clear. This team will emphasize pitching and defense.
                    While there are still players with good "pop" in their bats, look for more "small ball." This team will be competitive in the LSC. Didn't see a "stud" pitcher, however,
                    there should be more depth. Coach Mike is a 180-degree change from our previous coaching staff. IMHO, this is a good thing. This is not a complete rebuild like football.
                    I would think in 2-3 years we will be a factor at the regional level. After that - who knows. I like the direction of the TEAM.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Clarendon College has signed a familiar coach!

https://athletics.clarendoncollege.edu/softballcoach

Comment

The WT 2020 softball conference schedule has been posted; it looks a lot different that in the past. After the first few weeks the games will be on Thursdays and Saturdays. Each series is 2 games.

https://gobuffsgo.com/schedule.aspx?path=softball
                        This has been known for 6 weeks or so. Ironically enough, with it being a JUCO, she has to get her CDL...lol

Comment

Originally posted by BuffAlum06 View Post

This has been known for 6 weeks or so. Ironically enough, with it being a JUCO, she has to get her CDL...lol
                          Not sure why this quoted the wrong post. This was intended in regards to Abrams at CC.

Comment

It's time to quit wondering about who won the Pickem this year and move on to something important - SOFTBALL !

The Lady Buffs are only scheduled to appear at home 8 times this year - all double headers. No Houston appearances, unfortunately (for me).

7 players return from last year, including one redshirt freshman pitcher. Many of the new players are NAIA recruits that the new coach brought with him from his old school. While that doesn't sound ideal, I am really looking forward to having a more cerebral coach at the helm. All the feedback I've heard about Coach Mook has been very positive.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2020/1/21...2UFr_EDGYr2fkQ

Comment

Commerce will be loaded this season. New freshman coming in include Alyssa LeBlanc who was the 6A Playoffs MVP pitching for state champs Katy High School and Uxua Modrego who hit .364 with 4 HR as an 18 yr old playing in the European Championships as the starting center fielder for Spain.

Comment

Since they were playing in Houston I went and watched some DII games today. #7 UCO got stomped by Commerce and beaten up by Kingsville. Former WT infielder Mel Huggins is starting for UCO. She hit a ball hard against Commerce, but it didn't make it over the fence, and walked. Otto held UCO to 2 hits and Kingsville's Smith held UCO to 1 hit. Both are exceptional pitchers.

I also watched Angelo lose to #14 Southern Arkansas. They got way behind but battled back to lose by 1, thanks to 3 errors. In general a good showing for LSC teams.

I've been trying to watch the webcam for the Desert Stinger tournament WT is supposed to be playing in. The feed is so bad that it pauses at least half the time. The live stats don't work. It's worse than nothing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X