Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

That's in the starting lineup. Not to mention the pitching and bench players.
    I still think Moore is a good coach - it will just take time to get his type player.
    I think getting his "type of player" will be the hard part.

He seems like a good guy with the very few discussions I have had with him. He is probably a softball genius. But the recruiting aspect I have my doubts about. But only time will tell . I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

Michael Mook ?
      Yes, that's him. It would be really nice if someone would give him a microphone during these video interviews. I can hear the questions, the other coaches, and especially the commercial, but not him.

https://gobuffsgo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

Michael Mook ??
        OOP's - yes
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

It looks like Emilee Wilson has turned the corner on her pitching. She pitched very well against Tarleton and LCU, giving up only 2 earned runs to each in complete games. Poor defense robbed her of a win against Tarleton, but she got it against LCU. Those 2 teams only had about 5 losses between them. She also did very well against ENMU, but left early to give the bench a chance to pitch with a huge lead. Now I have to wonder if Lair is hurt because Wilson started the last 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            It looks like Emilee Wilson has turned the corner on her pitching. She pitched very well against Tarleton and LCU, giving up only 2 earned runs to each in complete games. Poor defense robbed her of a win against Tarleton, but she got it against LCU. Those 2 teams only had about 5 losses between them. She also did very well against ENMU, but left early to give the bench a chance to pitch with a huge lead. Now I have to wonder if Lair is hurt because Wilson started the last 3 games.
            I really don't understand Mook's pitching strategy. I've been watching the stats and it appears we will still be a middle of the pack team.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I really don't understand Mook's pitching strategy. I've been watching the stats and it appears we will still be a middle of the pack team.
              I'm not sure what you mean by "pitching strategy". He was overusing Lair because he likely didn't trust anyone else, but now Wilson has gotten in the groove. She had an exceptional weekend against 2 very good teams. Greeson has also been effective in her two outings, but the team was far ahead in each. Mook did put in a freshman pitcher against ENMU when they had a giant lead. A lot of it evaporated but Greeson finished the game safely.

I like that he is giving the bench a chance to pitch when the team is far ahead. In other years we have had pitchers that never take the field, which is a shame.

For a team that has only 4 seniors, and the rest sophomores and freshman, I think he's doing well. 10-7 so far, but 3 of those losses were by 1 run. I think the future looks bright, but no, I am not expecting them to win the LSC this year.

Comment

Commerce is playing #3 ranked UT Tyler - yep, #3 ranked UT Tyler. Not bad for their first month in DII. Tyler has already beaten 2 ranked teams, are currently 12-0, and had a 36-4 record last year in DIII. Looks like the LSC just got a little more crowded at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  Commerce is playing #3 ranked UT Tyler - yep, #3 ranked UT Tyler. Not bad for their first month in DII. Tyler has already beaten 2 ranked teams, are currently 12-0, and had a 36-4 record last year in DIII. Looks like the LSC just got a little more crowded at the top.
                  I may be wrong, but I believe UT-Tyler has been DII for several years. They were members of the Heartland before it merged with the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

I may be wrong, but I believe UT-Tyler has been DII for several years. They were members of the Heartland before it merged with the LSC.
                    Nope. They've been in the D3 American Southwest Conference.

Comment

UT Tyler is the defending DIII National Baseball Champs. (not softball).

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                        UT Tyler is the defending DIII National Baseball Champs. (not softball).
                        That was actually two years ago. Last year they weren't eligible because they'd started their reclassifying period.

Comment

Poor girls (has) will throw until their arms falls off. I see WT being under .500 this year for sure. I haven't seen WT get run ruled more than 2/3 times in a season in a long time I'm guessing it will happen 7/8 times with our pitching rotation. I bet Lair is out for a while. If that's the case . Going to be a rough season and a rough season is not what WT needs right now with way the league is shaped now. everyone is positioning themselves in this new conference. WT was picked to finish 6th preseason ... The way these girls look right now I would say 10th.

On another note UT TYLER . My goodness what a start ! we shall see what happens as the season continues they are leading Commerce team 2-0 right now ..

Comment

Tyler won the first game 2-1. They look legit.

Comment

Tyler wins game 2 on a walk off homer in the bottom of the 7th. They are probably the best team in the conference. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                                Tyler wins game 2 on a walk off homer in the bottom of the 7th. They are probably the best team in the conference. Crazy.
                                That's pretty shocking, as Kingsville and Commerce are both exceptional teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X