Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT's former 1st baseman, left fielder, and pitcher, Shayne Starkey, who was very good at all of the above, is recovering from a softball injury (4 screws and a nail were inserted). She's looking for some donations to help cover her medical bills.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-shay...RMvvqQYCt8m-KE

Comment

• WT lost 3 of 4 in Oklahoma this weekend. The split with Cameron was understandable, as they always give WT trouble, Being swept by OCU, who played more like they were simply OU, was disappointing. I looked at their schedule before the game, and they only have 5 conference losses. WT now has 10, which makes them .500 against LSC opponents. I do expect that record to improve.

The first game was a blowout with dreadful pitching, dreadful fielding, and dreadful hitting. It was 5-0 at the end of the 2nd, with 3 of those being unearned runs. Evidently the team had a fun Spring Break, as they committed 4 errors early on. 9-1 was the final, with only 6 hits for OCU.

The second game was better. WT mounted a comeback in the 7th (like in the loss against Cameron), with 3 straight home runs, but lost by a run.

OCU's Kali Crandall is an exceptional pitcher. She pitched all 5 innings of the first game and most of the second. OCU had a very nice broadcast with 2 cameras and no charge. The press box camera placement was not good with a large seam of the net in the picture. I had to turn the commentator off as he repeated himself too much.

Comment

• Pitching, pitching, pitching. WT's is better than average. Better than average pitching seldom wins the LSC. Very seldom wins a regional. Never wins a NC. Mook needs better pitching and a couple or 3 better hitters down-placed in the line-up at 7, 8, and 9. Cordell hits well at SS, but Mook needs an old-time Blaskowski-style AA at that spot.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-13-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          Pitching, pitching, pitching. WT's is better than average. Better than average pitching seldom wins the LSC. Very seldom wins a regional. Never wins a NC. Mook needs better pitching and a couple or 3 better hitters down-placed in the line-up at 6,7, and 9. Cordell hits well at SS, but Mook needs an old-time Blaskowski-style AA at that spot.
          Remember, Mook brought some of his NAIA recruits with him. I hope his new recruits work out because Cordell and McBroom are gone in May and I don't see any decent replacements.

If you recall, McBroom was originally the SS. However the pitchers wanted Alyx, and got her. I wish Huggins had stayed because she is a better catcher than McBroom, and we would have fewer problems in the outfield, as McBroom did a very good job out there.

Comment

• WT was finally able to sweep both teams on a road trip. Today they beat TWU, which had a 3 camera setup that worked nicely for the game. TWU had a player basically attack our shortstop, leading to an ejection. Later in the game, the head coach was also ejected.

The score keeping was totally wrong, at least for pitching. WT used 3 pitchers in each game. In the first they showed Lair pitching the entire game. In the second, they showed Lair starting the game, but Lytal actually started. Emilee Wilson's pitching stats were omitted from each game, as was Nichols' for the first game. The score and number of outs shown on the screen was also often wrong. The score keeper also needed to be ejected.

WT has 6 games remaining, all at home. UTPB (5-29) and the New Mexico teams, which have a single win between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              WT was finally able to sweep both teams on a road trip. Today they beat TWU, which had a 3 camera setup that worked nicely for the game. TWU had a player basically attack our shortstop, leading to an ejection. Later in the game, the head coach was also ejected.

The score keeping was totally wrong, at least for pitching. WT used 3 pitchers in each game. In the first they showed Lair pitching the entire game. In the second, they showed Lair starting the game, but Lytal actually started. Emilee Wilson's pitching stats were omitted from each game, as was Nichols' for the first game. The score and number of outs shown on the screen was also often wrong. The score keeper also needed to be ejected.

WT has 6 games remaining, all at home. UTPB (5-29) and the New Mexico teams, which have a single win between them.
              Jeez......I wish I'd watched today's games! Started looking at the live stats in the 4th of the 2nd game.

Comment

• After yesterdays games they announced that Commerce would be hosting regionals. Seems early for that, but I guess because COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  After yesterdays games they announced that Commerce would be hosting regionals. Seems early for that, but I guess because COVID.
                  That is a little surprising, since UT Tyler and OCU have more wins.

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...?path=softball

Comment

• WT swept Western New Mexico today, both were run ruled-games. Our season has included the 5 worst teams in the LSC all at the end, though ENMU was winless for a long time and now has 4 recent wins. We will host them next week as the final regular season contests.

Commerce was swept by OCU today, both were very close games. Next week they get to play UT Tyler, another excellent team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      WT swept Western New Mexico today, both were run ruled-games. Our season has included the 5 worst teams in the LSC all at the end, though ENMU was winless for a long time and now has 4 recent wins. We will host them next week as the final regular season contests.

Commerce was swept by OCU today, both were very close games. Next week they get to play UT Tyler, another excellent team.
                      So, when will it be official?

WOMEN'S TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (WTAMU)

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

So, when will it be official?

WOMEN'S TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (WTAMU)
                        Soon after a granddaughter of yours gets a WT softball schollie. Or basketball.

Comment

• Commerce has lots of talent but really seems to lack that killer instinct you need to win championships. They probably should have won 8 or 9 of the games they lost this year but for letdowns at the exact wrong time.

Comment

Soon after a granddaughter of yours gets a WT softball schollie. Or basketball.
                            LMAO!!!! HAHAHAHA. I guess in about 13-14 years then!

Have a grandson on the way in August....Dakarai Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

LMAO!!!! HAHAHAHA. I guess in about 13-14 years then!

Have a grandson on the way in August....Dakarai Jr.
                              Well......Congratulations! Your first grandson?

I'm told our daughter is trying for their 2nd child. She's 33. She better get after it. I told her to practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Well......Congratulations! Your first grandson?

I'm told our daughter is trying for their 2nd child. She's 33. She better get after it. I told her to practice, practice, practice.
                                Yes Sir, first grandson. He will be a "purebred". Both parents and all 4 grandparents were athletes: Mother Volleyball. Father football, basketball, track. Both maternal grandparents track. Paternal grandmother basketball & cheerleading. Paternal grandfather (me) football, baseball, boxing.

Granddaughter already started soccer. She is FAST, FAST, FAST, has great footwork, and extremely coachable.

Younger granddaughter is only two....she's good at being "Elsa" from "Frozen". 70707

Do you have a grandson or granddaughter? How old?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X