Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a list of the LSC teams likely to make the playoffs. Note that UT Tyler is missing because they are not yet eligible.

There's a big gap between OSU, Mesa, and everyone else. I'm surprised WT has a better record than Commerce, but all of our losses have been to LSC teams (2 each to Tyler, OCU, and Commerce) with some splits. WT needs to stay focused against ENMU on Friday as the Lady Greyhounds are getting their act together.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2021/4/28...WLHQedTpssnkDw

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Yes Sir, first grandson. He will be a "purebred". Both parents and all 4 grandparents were athletes: Mother Volleyball. Father football, basketball, track. Both maternal grandparents track. Paternal grandmother basketball & cheerleading. Paternal grandfather (me) football, baseball, boxing.

Granddaughter already started soccer. She is FAST, FAST, FAST, has great footwork, and extremely coachable.

Younger granddaughter is only two....she's good at being "Elsa" from "Frozen". 70707

Do you have a grandson or granddaughter? How old?
      One grandson turning 4 on 10 May. He likes smacking the hell out of baseballs. His dad's been pitching to him since he was 2. He's consistently knocking them over the fence in their back yard. He catches the ball well and has a good and accurate arm. Forget T-Ball. (Except my daughter wants him to play it-"They're sooo cute at that age."). His dad was an all-state soccer goalie. Played some college till injuries got him. Grandson had his first soccer practice last week. He has a back yard goal. They were practicing on one field. When the other kids tried to take the ball from him, he dribbled it away from everyone over to an adjacent field. Obviously he doesn't understand the lines on the field yet.

All his gear is grandpa provided. Soccer goal, BB goal, baseball stuff. Naturally.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

One grandson turning 4 on 10 May. He likes smacking the hell out of baseballs. His dad's been pitching to him since he was 2. He's consistently knocking them over the fence in their back yard. He catches the ball well and has a good and accurate arm. Forget T-Ball. (Except my daughter wants him to play it-"They're sooo cute at that age."). His dad was an all-state soccer goalie. Played some college till injuries got him. Grandson had his first soccer practice last week. He has a back yard goal. They were practicing on one field. When the other kids tried to take the ball from him, he dribbled it away from everyone over to an adjacent field. Obviously he doesn't understand the lines on the field yet.

All his gear is grandpa provided. Soccer goal, BB goal, baseball stuff. Naturally.
        Hahahahaha. That's great! I love watching them learn sports at that age!!

Being a grandparent is awesome. Get to spoil the hell out of them, then send them home and let their parents deal with the depravity!! Hahaha

Comment

• WT has back to back PERFECT GAMES against ENMU. In the first Kyra Lair faced 15 batters, throwing 59 pitches to win 10-0.

Not to be outdone, Emilee Wilson faced her 15 batters, throwing only 41 pitches, to win 8-0 on a walk off home run by Cinthia Garcia. WT finishes their regular season 32-10, but were only 20-10 in LSC games.

Commerce has found out how tough OCU and UT Tyler are, losing all 4 games, though 3 were very close. They still have games to play and should win all of them, but you never know about Cameron.

The LSC standings are below. WT should be in the playoffs.

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...?path=softball

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            WT has back to back PERFECT GAMES against ENMU. In the first Kyra Lair faced 15 batters, throwing 59 pitches to win 10-0.

Not to be outdone, Emilee Wilson faced her 15 batters, throwing only 41 pitches, to win 8-0 on a walk off home run by Cinthia Garcia. WT finishes their regular season 32-10, but were only 20-10 in LSC games.

Commerce has found out how tough OCU and UT Tyler are, losing all 4 games, though 3 were very close. They still have games to play and should win all of them, but you never know about Cameron.

Any chance of hosting some games??
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Any chance of hosting some games??
              I don't think so. I think OCU will host the first round. The Regionals are already set for Commerce.

Comment

• If you want to watch the 2 best teams in the LSC play, check out UT Tyler at OCU at 3pm on Tuesday. The last time I watched an OCU game, it was free.

Comment

• OCU swept UT Tyler today 6-1, 1-0. The first game was close until the bottom of the 6th, Tyler still has the best record in the LSC, but is done for the year.

Commerce split with Cameron, who also recently defeated OCU. Cameron seemingly can beat most of the best LSC teams but are still only a game over .500 in LSC play.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    WT has back to back PERFECT GAMES against ENMU. In the first Kyra Lair faced 15 batters, throwing 59 pitches to win 10-0.

Win the LSC tournament and make it a moot point.

Comment

• Comment

• Commerce swept St Edwards tonight so the top seeds in the LSC tournament will be:

1) OCU
                        2) Angelo State
                        3) Commerce
                        4) WT
                        5) Kingsville

I hope WT doesn't have to play Cameron in this tournament! Either way, I would be happy with a couple of wins.

The tournament runs from 5/13-5/15.

There's plenty of good softball being played in the OKC area during this time. UCO is hosting the MIAA tournament at the same time.

Comment

• Here is the schedule for the

2021 LONE STAR CONFERENCE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Thursday, May 13
                          Game 1: No. 10 St. Edward's vs. No. 7 Lubbock Christian, 11 a.m.
                          Game 2: No. 9 St. Mary's vs. No. 8 Cameron, 1:30 p.m.
                          Game 3: 7-10 winner vs. No. 2 Angelo State, 4 p.m.
                          Game 4: 8-9 winner vs. No. 1 Oklahoma Christian, 6:30 p.m.

Friday, May 14
                          Game 5: No. 3 Texas A&M-Commerce vs. No. 6 Texas A&M International, 11 a.m.
                          Game 6: No. 4 West Texas A&M vs. No. 5 Texas A&M-Kingsville, 1:30 p.m.
                          Game 7: Semifinals: 3-6 winner vs. 2/7-10 winner, 4 p.m.
                          Game 8: Semifinals: 4-5 winner vs. 1/8-9 winner, 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 15
                          Championship game: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner, 2 p.m.

Comment

• St Edwards, St Mary's. Cameron, and LCU were eliminated today. If WT is victorious over Kingsville we will play OCU at 6:30. The winner of TAMUI vs TAMUC will play Angelo at 4pm. I'm thinking the final will be between OCU and Angelo, with OCU being the ultimate winner.

The MIAA lets you watch their games for free, but for the LSC it will cost the usual $10 for 24 hours to watch these games. That means you will pay twice if you watch either early game tomorrow and the championship game.

Comment

• Kyra Lair pitched extremely well, and WT managed to score 4 runs to defeat a very good Kingsville team. However, WT must play MUCH better to have a chance against OCU. There were so many screwups with base running and fielding, we should have had a lot more runs. Kingsville scored 2 on a hard hit to center field, which was badly misplayed, so effectively the hit was a home run. It appeared to me that WT was intent on being aggressive early on, which can lead to mistakes. It did.

TAMUI surprised Commerce today, defeating them 9-3. Normally reliable pitcher Emily Otto gave up EIGHT doubles. Not good.

TAMUI is playing Angelo at around 4:30pm. The WT-OCU game may be delayed past 6:30 as they just finished the Kingsville game.

Comment

• I watched most of the Angelo State - TAMIU game. TAMIU is a really good team and played tough against Angelo. There was an odd call that went against the Dust Devils. A player was on first, and the batter got a hit. The player on first was called out for leaving too early. Okay, but the batter with the solid hit had to return to the batters box. That part I didn't understand. Angelo won 5-4.

The second game went a little differently than I expected. Facing OCU, which is a great team, on their home field is tough. The Eagles had beaten WT twice, once badly, the last time they met. However late blooming freshman Madison Johnson hit a home run to give WT the early lead 1-0. OCU tied it, and it was 1-1 most of the game. WT pitcher Emilee Wilson had only given up 1 (unearned) run through 5 innings, but was pulled for Kyra Lair, who was obviously fatigued, having pitched the entire first game.

In the 6th, Johnson batted in Cordell to make it 2-1. Lair was able to get the Eagles out. In the 7th, the Eagle's 4th or 5th pitcher (some pitched more than once) was nice enough to walk our first 2 batters. Center Fielder Ruby Salzman hit a double, scoring Neira and McBroom. Then our recently healed freshman first baseman, out for over 2 weeks, Gabriella Valforte batted in Salzman. 5-1, WT.

The Eagles managed to load the bases in the bottom of the 7th but Lair was finally able to finish them off with no runs. This was truly an amazing win by WT! They will meet Angelo tomorrow to play for the LSC championship. That pairing has a very familiar ring.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X