Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    It's good to be a National Champion! Hear anything about a fall schedule?
    Here is the shocking news:

10/3 Oklahoma State (their facility) 2pm https://okstate.com/sports/softball
    10/22 OU (yes, that OU!) 6pm (their facility)
    11/6 Frank Phillips Schaeffer Park TBA

Supposedly UCLA agreed to a contest, but the transportation to LA could not be worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Supposedly UCLA agreed to a contest, but the transportation to LA could not be worked out.

This could happen more often and count with a D1 move. ;)

Comment

• Feast or famine. https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/softball/schedule

Comment

• Looks like nothing is free at OU. If you plan to attend the WT softball scrimmage there, tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10. Follow the link above and click tickets.

Here's a quote from Coach Mook that I really like. Maybe he should have a talk with Coach Hughes.

"The opportunity to play OSU and OU will be fun, challenging, and help our team grow. Our team is excited about these opportunities!"
          Last edited by WT_TKW; 09-22-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Looks like nothing is free at OU. If you plan to attend the WT softball scrimmage there, tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10. Follow the link above and click tickets.

Here's a quote from Coach Mook that I really like. Maybe he should have a talk with Coach Hughes.

"The opportunity to play OSU and OU will be fun, challenging, and help our team grow. Our team is excited about these opportunities!"
            Please repost Link
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Please repost Link
              https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/softball/schedule

For the OU game there is a link for tickets. Click it.

Comment

Scrimmage with OSU Cancelled due to COVID 19 issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Scrimmage with OSU Cancelled due to COVID 19 issues.
                  Border issues with Oklahoma?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Border issues with Oklahoma?
                    Louisiana did try to control traffic in and out of the state at one point.

Comment

• WT will play OU this weekend. It appears that it will be available online. The D1 champs vs the D2 champs. Yes, WT will lose big time, but they will learn as well.

https://soonersports.com/watch/?Live=602&type=Archive

Comment

WT will play OU this weekend. It appears that it will be available online. The D1 champs vs the D2 champs. Yes, WT will lose big time, but they will learn as well.

https://soonersports.com/watch/?Live=602&type=Archive
                        Does WT have most of their team coming back? Did any of the girls leave via transfer portal to D1 schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Does WT have most of their team coming back? Did any of the girls leave via transfer portal to D1 schools?
                          Most of the team is back, lost catcher and SS to graduation. To my knowledge did not lose anyone to the portal. Pitching is improved.
                          This team can repeat, we will see how it plays out.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• We did lose our starting left fielder, who despite being 4'11" and a slapper, contributed a lot last year. She just left a few weeks ago, I don't know why. We do have a transfer outfielder who I'm told is looking really good, and is super fast. We also have a transfer catcher from ACU and a couple of very promising freshman pitchers.

Comment

• The teams played for over 3 hours, with OU dominating. I did like watching the OU team, many of which could share the same uniform - they seem to be Amazons! Their starting pitcher did a little dance and hop before throwing incredible pitches. OU's left fielder stole hits and at least 1 run with her incredible speed and determination. Both she and the center fielder made diving catches of what I thought would be uncatchable balls. Finally in the 9th WT hit a ball into shallow left field that 3 reserve OU players watched fall between them. It was good for a laugh. Coach Mook is trying to challenge our team by lining up top quality opponents (unlike football). He had agreements with Oklahoma State and UCLA but they fell through due to COVID and transportation issues to California. I think he's also getting exposure to big name D1 teams because I expect him to be coaching at one of them before too long. WT is still a very young team with the lone senior a transfer catcher from Abilene Christian and 4 juniors, including a new transfer from Nebraska. We have the new junior at 3rd, the former 3rdbaseman at 2nd, and a new shortstop. They made a lot of mistakes but Mook will get them fixed.

Comment

The teams played for over 3 hours, with OU dominating. I did like watching the OU team, many of which could share the same uniform - they seem to be Amazons! Their starting pitcher did a little dance and hop before throwing incredible pitches. OU's left fielder stole hits and at least 1 run with her incredible speed and determination. Both she and the center fielder made diving catches of what I thought would be uncatchable balls. Finally in the 9th WT hit a ball into shallow left field that 3 reserve OU players watched fall between them. It was good for a laugh. Coach Mook is trying to challenge our team by lining up top quality opponents (unlike football). He had agreements with Oklahoma State and UCLA but they fell through due to COVID and transportation issues to California. I think he's also getting exposure to big name D1 teams because I expect him to be coaching at one of them before too long. WT is still a very young team with the lone senior a transfer catcher from Abilene Christian and 4 juniors, including a new transfer from Nebraska. We have the new junior at 3rd, the former 3rdbaseman at 2nd, and a new shortstop. They made a lot of mistakes but Mook will get them fixed.
                                What was the final score?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X