Clear All

• JavsFan
    replied
    Congrats to the Buffs

Leave a comment:

• WT&TTECHfan
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Like in 2014, all scoring was by home runs. Luckily ours was a grand slam by Valforte against the fabulous pitcher Paige Austin. Lair was brilliant.

WT wins it all 4-1.

Mook is a magician! Give that guy a huge raise!
    Two-time National Champs!!GO Lady Buffs!!
    Mook d2 softball coach of the year!!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Like in 2014, all scoring was by home runs. Luckily ours was a grand slam by Valforte against the fabulous pitcher Paige Austin. Lair was brilliant.

WT wins it all 4-1.

Mook is a magician! Give that guy a huge raise!

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Lady Buffs win it all! 2021 National Champions!!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Did he hold Lair out for tomorrow or is her knee, injured yesterday, the problem? Who will WT start? I think I'd wait till warm ups and see how each pitcher looks. Then I'd have a nice chat with catcher McBroom and see what she thinks about how each pitcher looks.
    I don't know what Lair's status is, but they could hit her easily in that first game. She gave up 4 of the 5 runs in that game.

I commend Coach Mook for sticking with Lytal for most of the 2nd game. Emilee finished off 2 batters, but it was Lytal's BIG win.

I think you are right it should be a game time decision. I don't think there are any bad choices between those 3, unless Lair is hurt. The problem tomorrow is Biola's ace Austin. If anyone can find a weakness in her game, it's this team and our coaches.

Tomorrow is the last we will see of McBroom, Cordell, and Vessels. They will all be missed!

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    WT manages to defeat Biola 7-4 thanks in part to a gutsy performance by our freshman pitcher Lytal. It didnt hurt to have home runs by Johnson, a 2 run bomb fromMcBroom, and a surprise 3 run bomb from Greeson.

So there will be a deciding game tomorrow at 11am CDT. It will be difficult to score on Austin, but the coaching staff will be up late tonight trying to figure her out.
    Did he hold Lair out for tomorrow or is her knee, injured yesterday, the problem? Who will WT start? I think I'd wait till warm ups and see how each pitcher looks. Then I'd have a nice chat with catcher McBroom and see what she thinks about how each pitcher looks.

Leave a comment:

• bufffan78
    replied

More success on the field. A NC. Other trips to the D2 World Series. Blaskowski had a helluva run. He recruited a bunch of AA players. People really got into it. The stands and field are more intimate than the baseball park. You are right up on the action. The girls are FUN to watch. The girls seem to have more fan contact. Several players used to drop by and visit me and a friend at BB games. I have never had a baseball player come over and introduce himself. The softball girls do. Things like that.

Plus, a big plus, is do to the nature of the two programs. Baseball maybe recruits two or three HS kids every year and it seems like dozens of juco and D1 transfers who are only around a year or two so they can get a last look at by the MLB scouts. Softball goes almost exclusively with HS girls who are here for four or five years. Fans get to know them. Loyalty develops. Fans become interested in the players as people. That seldom happens with baseball.

Plus the girls are much better looking than the average baseball player.

Oh, by the way, the preseason LSC 7th pick Lady Buffs are now in the D2 World Series Championship 2 of 3 finals. They just knocked out Augustana, 9-4. They've won 19 of their last 20.

Things like that are why WT fans have gravitated to the softball program.

I hope that helps answer your question, Pops.
    Softball is just much more fun to watch, the girls get excited it moves faster.. have watched all the series games,, plus as you said they stay at wt for the long haul.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    WT manages to defeat Biola 7-4 thanks in part to a gutsy performance by our freshman pitcher Lytal. It didnt hurt to have home runs by Johnson, a 2 run bomb fromMcBroom, and a surprise 3 run bomb from Greeson.

So there will be a deciding game tomorrow at 11am CDT. It will be difficult to score on Austin, but the coaching staff will be up late tonight trying to figure her out.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Biola easily defeats WT 5-0. Their pitcher, Paige Austin, is not only a lot better than ours, she's one of the best ever in D2.

Lair was knocked out early and Wilson was moderately effective. Coach Mook brought in Lytlal, who was the most successful of the 3. However Austin has gone something like 26 scoreless innings.

This is the first year that Biola has been allowed to compete in a D2 playoff. It won't be the last. Game 2 starts in about 30 minutes. What does Biola stand for? Bible Institute Of Los Angeles.
    I learn something new every day. If we still had rep points I would rep you. I'll just tip one of my many caps to you instead!

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Biola easily defeats WT 5-0. Their pitcher, Paige Austin, is not only a lot better than ours, she's one of the best ever in D2.

Lair was knocked out early and Wilson was moderately effective. Coach Mook brought in Lytlal, who was the most successful of the 3. However Austin has gone something like 26 scoreless innings.

This is the first year that Biola has been allowed to compete in a D2 playoff. It won't be the last. Game 2 starts in about 30 minutes. What does Biola stand for? Bible Institute Of Los Angeles.
    Not quite correct. Biola became a full D2 member in July 2019 so they were eligible for all NCAA postseason in 2019-20. They were allowed to compete in a D2 playoff in Fall 2019 but no one was allowed to at any time in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    I'm about 50 miles down I-25 from Metro State. It's not raining here but the clouds are low enough to block any view of the top of the mountains.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Now the game is supposed to resume at 2pm CDT. It's not raining now so they could be playing, but instead they have scheduled it an hour before thunderstorms are expected to reappear.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/de...t/347810?day=2

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Weather delay until tomorrow noon. I pissed away the entire day waiting for this game. It lasted 23 minutes. WT trails 0-1 top of the 2nd. No hits by either team.

Tomorrow doesn't look any better rain wise. No telling when this will be settled.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-30-2021, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

More success on the field. A NC. Other trips to the D2 World Series. Blaskowski had a helluva run. He recruited a bunch of AA players. People really got into it. The stands and field are more intimate than the baseball park. You are right up on the action. The girls are FUN to watch. The girls seem to have more fan contact. Several players used to drop by and visit me and a friend at BB games. I have never had a baseball player come over and introduce himself. The softball girls do. Things like that.

Plus, a big plus, is do to the nature of the two programs. Baseball maybe recruits two or three HS kids every year and it seems like dozens of juco and D1 transfers who are only around a year or two so they can get a last look at by the MLB scouts. Softball goes almost exclusively with HS girls who are here for four or five years. Fans get to know them. Loyalty develops. Fans become interested in the players as people. That seldom happens with baseball.

Plus the girls are much better looking than the average baseball player.

Oh, by the way, the preseason LSC 7th pick Lady Buffs are now in the D2 World Series Championship 2 of 3 finals. They just knocked out Augustana, 9-4. They've won 19 of their last 20.

Things like that are why WT fans have gravitated to the softball program.

I hope that helps answer your question, Pops.
    Yes Sir. Thanks for all the info. I knew of the success (had a family member on the team). I just sometimes didn't/don't understand all the attention to Women's sports in general. But you explained it well.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X