• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT&TTECHfan
    replied
    Hopefully the weather holds up for one game
    tomorrow.First pitch is set for 11am.
    Last edited by WT&TTECHfan; 05-29-2021, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Why is there more support for softball than baseball at WT??
    More success on the field. A NC. Other trips to the D2 World Series. Blaskowski had a helluva run. He recruited a bunch of AA players. People really got into it. The stands and field are more intimate than the baseball park. You are right up on the action. The girls are FUN to watch. The girls seem to have more fan contact. Several players used to drop by and visit me and a friend at BB games. I have never had a baseball player come over and introduce himself. The softball girls do. Things like that.

Plus, a big plus, is do to the nature of the two programs. Baseball maybe recruits two or three HS kids every year and it seems like dozens of juco and D1 transfers who are only around a year or two so they can get a last look at by the MLB scouts. Softball goes almost exclusively with HS girls who are here for four or five years. Fans get to know them. Loyalty develops. Fans become interested in the players as people. That seldom happens with baseball.

Plus the girls are much better looking than the average baseball player.

Oh, by the way, the preseason LSC 7th pick Lady Buffs are now in the D2 World Series Championship 2 of 3 finals. They just knocked out Augustana, 9-4. They've won 19 of their last 20.

Things like that are why WT fans have gravitated to the softball program.

I hope that helps answer your question, Pops.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-29-2021, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    WT eliminates #1 seed Augustana 9-4. I expected this to be a very tough game to win, and it didn't help having the umpire call an illegal pitch on Emilee Wilson. That's by far the most upset I've seen Coach Mook, and he was issued a formal warning. The commentators looked at the replay multiple times and could find no issues.

Neverthless Wilson and Kyra Lair held offensive powerhouse Augustana to 2 runs each, and WT returns to the world series finals for the first time since 2014 to face unbeaten Biola.

If you didn't know, Mook used to be the assistant coach at Augustana.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Why is there more support for softball than baseball at WT??

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    North Georgia eliminates St Anselm on a walk-off squeeze bunt in the bottom of the 7th 1-0. I was hoping we might play them again.
    WoW!!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    North Georgia eliminates St Anselm on a walk off squeeze bunt in the bottom of the 7th 1-0. I was hoping we might play them again.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-29-2021, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Are any of you having issues with the webcasts? My tablet hangs up sometimes after returning for ads, but it may be the hotel's internet.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Unfortunately the weather forecast is not good starting this afternoon and tomorrow. No telling when they can finish the tournament.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/Denver+CO

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Starting Lair?
    it had to be a hard decision. Like most of Mook's decisions it worked out.

WT plays tomorrow at 730 CDT. The opponent will be determined.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-28-2021, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

St. Anselm has 2 pitchers with ERA's in the 0.8 range. One averaging 12 KO's per 7 innings.
    Told ya! ;)

Another amazing win considering the quality of the opponent's pitching and amazing 3rd baseman. Lair started off badly but got her act together. I thought we were in big trouble behind 2-0 but these kids rise to the occasion. Like 3 other pitchers in the game Emilee got nailed early but adjusted nicely. WT will play at least 2 more games.

9-3 WT!

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Wow! Game 2 WT 9-3 over St. Anselm. Lady Buffs chased the NCAA Pitcher of the Year in a 7 run 3rd inning. Lair pitched a pretty good 5 innings. She's only given up 2 runs in 12 innings. Wilson came in and did a good job the last 2 innings after giving up a 1st pitch HR in the 6th.

The big surprise (other than WT) was Biola shutting out Auustana. Biola has now shut out N Georgia and Augie. It's getting INTERESTING!

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

I bet he goes with Wilson.
    Starting Lair?!?

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

The amazing thing about this team is Wt has 14 Freshman, 14 FRESHMAN. Wt will still be a young team next year, with playoff experience. Wt might need to bring in some upperclassmen just for class balance. Lair and Wilson are Sophomores and Mook has two incoming freshman pitchers that are really good. It's good to be a Buffalo.
    True, but to be fair half are redshirt freshman due to COVID.

Biola, whoever that is, defeated #1 seed Augustana 3-0 earlier. Shocking!

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Either way, we will need Wilson to get through the next 2 games, and hopefully more. Mook should be an easy choice for Coach of the Year. Yes, that was a very good game yesterday, WT does belong in this tournament!
    The amazing thing about this team is Wt has 14 Freshman, 14 FRESHMAN. Wt will still be a young team next year, with playoff experience. Wt might need to bring in some upperclassmen just for class balance. Lair and Wilson are Sophomores and Mook has two incoming freshman pitchers that are really good. It's good to be a Buffalo.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-28-2021, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

I bet he goes with Wilson.
    Either way, we will need Wilson to get through the next 2 games, and hopefully more. Mook should be an easy choice for Coach of the Year. Yes, that was a very good game yesterday, WT does belong in this tournament!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X