Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some observations....

1 Special teams esp the punt team are very vulnerable. They have surrendered points outright, or turnovers that turn to quick points in every game thus far that HAS to stop.

2 The Officiating in this game was the worst i have ever seen. I expect a call or two in the secondary with playing press coverage, but the officials bailed out Kingsville multiple times. One play in particular was a defensive holding call enforce but was originally called PI which came from when the hoggie QB started to scramble and run, the receiver turned into the DB and tried to block, the DB tussled with him for about 3 steps and threw him down, horrible call. Another that the Kingsville fans should be upset about was on a kickoff, EASTERN had 4 players trying to catch the ball, muffed it, and the officials blew their whistle early, no possession re-kick....

3 Kingsville needs to pick a qb and stick with em!

4 651 yards rushing!!!!!!

5 After Kingsville took the punt to the house Lee called his team over at the sidelines and said Look here (a name their mother did not give them) you have a decision to make if you want to play or not, you better figure out if you want to play greyhound football right now cause if you don't im done with you.... I think that was an effective statement....

3-1 the ugly way, MSU awaits next week, hopefully the Hounds can keep it going.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Straight up ball coach

Comment

Officiating was very one sided and kept the Javelinas around for a while. Greyhound ground game was unreal. New single Game LSC Rushing record tonight. Incredible

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
          Straight up ball coach
          Bro...that was straight up, its time to man up or shut up moment.

And talk about a difference in two teams, cultures etc. Kingsville used to be the gold standard in the LSC, they have NFL HOFer's as their Alumni and NFL starters in recent times, Eastern until several years ago had never won in KINGSVILLE and had only beaten them in Portales a handful of times, yet today it was a shock to be in a dog fight with them at home.

Its good to see Lee is a coach that isn't afraid to demand more of his guys. Winning is the expectation not the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
            The Greyhounds put up 700 yards against the Javelinas -- and 651 yards were on the ground?

Actually the official box score has 564 total yards if that makes you feel better . And with that the trend is not in our favor since we gave up 338 to Saginaw and 370 to Angelo. I don't doubt a few more teams in our conference can match or get close to either side of the 564 in the following weeks.

All comes back to the core issues which also affects the depth. If you don't have quality depth on your bench, then adjustments to game plans just don't happen. Or the ability to substitute players (especially your D-line and LB's) is impacted. When you have to defend a run based offense, those front line players take an extra beating because they spend so much time practicing defending pass based defenses.

So on top of being somewhat one dimensional on offense due to lack of talent in our RB dept, we also advertised to the rest of the conference they can exploit us on the ground.

Man we are such a crap show. When does the day of accountability occur program wide starting with the President on down? Or will it ever occur?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Actually the official box score has 564 total yards if that makes you feel better . And with that the trend is not in our favor since we gave up 338 to Saginaw and 370 to Angelo. I don't doubt a few more teams in our conference can match or get close to either side of the 564 in the following weeks.

All comes back to the core issues which also affects the depth. If you don't have quality depth on your bench, then adjustments to game plans just don't happen. Or the ability to substitute players (especially your D-line and LB's) is impacted. When you have to defend a run based offense, those front line players take an extra beating because they spend so much time practicing defending pass based defenses.

So on top of being somewhat one dimensional on offense due to lack of talent in our RB dept, we also advertised to the rest of the conference they can exploit us on the ground.

Man we are such a crap show. When does the day of accountability occur program wide starting with the President on down? Or will it ever occur?
              Actually run defense was one of the only real positives for Athens Hogs coming into the game. Saginaw had 79, Sul Ross -1, and Angelo only had 39 yards rushing. Coming in it was the Lsc leading rush O vs leading rush D. Off course ENMUs run game is a different animal all together.

Comment

Nm....

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post

Actually run defense was one of the only real positives for Athens Hogs coming into the game. Saginaw had 79, Sul Ross -1, and Angelo only had 39 yards rushing. Coming in it was the Lsc leading rush O vs leading rush D. Off course ENMUs run game is a different animal all together.
                  Of course because Saginaw and Angelo throw the ball more than run and were very efficient with their passing O. See where we stood in Passing D after facing those two teams and what they did to our Pass D is what ENM did to our pathetic excuse for a Run D last night. In other words, if you can't exploit one area, you certainly can exploit the other or you suck just like us.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Bro...that was straight up, its time to man up or shut up moment.

And talk about a difference in two teams, cultures etc. Kingsville used to be the gold standard in the LSC, they have NFL HOFer's as their Alumni and NFL starters in recent times, Eastern until several years ago had never won in KINGSVILLE and had only beaten them in Portales a handful of times, yet today it was a shock to be in a dog fight with them at home.

Its good to see Lee is a coach that isn't afraid to demand more of his guys. Winning is the expectation not the exception.
                    Dude......you beat a team who is at their worst, EVER. How was this a "shock"? LMFAO.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Dude......you beat a team who is at their worst, EVER. How was this a "shock"? LMFAO.
                      I read it to mean he was shocked it wasn't a blow out.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

I read it to mean he was shocked it wasn't a blow out.
                        More like a controlled victory from start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

More like a controlled victory from start to finish.
                          You all should have scored 60 on us and the point margin should have been much larger. Penalties and you all coming out sort of flat after the long storm delay helped the Hogs no doubt. Gave us a false sense of hope too.

I see no reason for you all not to finish in the top four this season and at least get a post season game of some sort. Beating MSU this weekend will pretty much put you in control of your own destiny as far as assuring a finish in the top four.

Comment

A

You all should have scored 60 on us and the point margin should have been much larger. Penalties and you all coming out sort of flat after the long storm delay helped the Hogs no doubt. Gave us a false sense of hope too.

I see no reason for you all not to finish in the top four this season and at least get a post season game of some sort. Beating MSU this weekend will pretty much put you in control of your own destiny as far as assuring a finish in the top four.
                            Agree

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X