Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it ever recover? I hope so.

For a program with such a proud history going back decades, it is indeed very hard to see how badly it's crashed.

I'm reminded of the old saying used during the Vietnam era or an earlier war about burning down the village to save it. From an outsider, it appears it's burned down to the point the saving part needs to commence.

What is being done to reverse this?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      ASU for the fall is at 10,568.
      Dual Credit: 3015
      Undergrad: 6031
      Grad: 1522

2017 #'s for comparison
      Dual Credit: 2922
      Undergrad: 5897
      Grad: 1628
      Tarleton : Fall 2019 Academic Enrollment: 13,226

Comment

WT Enrollment this fall was 10,018.

Comment

Midwestern's Enrollment is 6102 for the current year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderinghog View Post
            Will it ever recover? I hope so.

For a program with such a proud history going back decades, it is indeed very hard to see how badly it's crashed.

I'm reminded of the old saying used during the Vietnam era or an earlier war about burning down the village to save it. From an outsider, it appears it's burned down to the point the saving part needs to commence.

What is being done to reverse this?
            That is what is concerning. There has not been a peep of late of anything that is being done. That is fine as long as they do have a plan in place and it is announced at the end of the season. My thinking is they will do nothing about it. I did my part, I wrote the president of the university once again earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

That is what is concerning. There has not been a peep of late of anything that is being done. That is fine as long as they do have a plan in place and it is announced at the end of the season. My thinking is they will do nothing about it. I did my part, I wrote the president of the university once again earlier this week.
              Agreed. I will be sending off letters to the AD and President Have you received a response?

Comment

It would be nice if our program received the same amount attention from John Sharp and the boys and girls on the A&M Board of Regents that WTAM and Tarleton have benefited from. And again I tip my hat to them in a big way for getting done what they needed to do to remain in the game in top form. If some of their work gained the attention of Sharp and the BOR because they are into brand quality for the system as it's been tossed around on the board and part of that is to have the system schools excel in athletics. Then what do we have to do to get their attention? Perhaps forfeit to Sul Ross so we can be 0-11 come the second week of November?

But it's probably up to the President and AD to lead the charge and be the advocates. The previous administration let our program down in big way and the record can't be denied. We had a comprehensive master plan for the entire school done in 2010 and the part that involved athletic facilities should have been put on it's own fundraising track and presented to the stakeholders in a fashion where anything and everything we needed could either be done or on it's way to being done as of today.

The question now is how much longer do you give the current AD and President to start the process of rebuilding. The AD has been on the job almost a year now and we've never received a mission statement about where he sees the athletic program in general going, much less the football program. Outside of when he was introduced last fall and the now former President praising him for his work with facilities and upgrading programs at IUP, there has been nothing to even give the public a small window of what he's thinking about TAMUK. Ditto for the new President who took office in January.

Comment

Agreed. I will be sending off letters to the AD and President Have you received a response?
                  No response back and I did not expect I would. It is time to get the billboard signs going :)

Comment

No response back and I did not expect I would. It is time to get the billboard signs going :)
                    Did you email or snail mail? I can understand if they have other issues to address which I'm sure he has a stack of them. However with the current situation, it should be on the top of that stack of important issues. Responding to alums and fans should occur since he doesn't know if the Alum or concerned fan also has a nice checking account balance.

Comment

Did you email or snail mail? I can understand if they have other issues to address which I'm sure he has a stack of them. However with the current situation, it should be on the top of that stack of important issues. Responding to alums and fans should occur since he doesn't know if the Alum or concerned fan also has a nice checking account balance.
                      The response is quick when they know how deep the pockets are.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

The response is quick when they know how deep the pockets are.
                        It only confirms my thinking that our administration doesn't think our crap stinks if they are not responding to emails or snail mail. It doesn't have to be detailed letter or response and just a note saying we are going to announce something soon which in Kingsville could mean 2029.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X