Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post

So...Northern Arizona, Southern Utah, Dixie State, Tarleton, Cal Davis, Cal Poly, Northern Colorado....and one other? I'm liking it! Wish that last could be WT!
    That's without counting any potential SLC/ SWAC defections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

I don't do sarcasm well anyway.
      And there we have reached an impasse.

Comment

That's without counting any potential SLC/ SWAC defections.
        Oh please not the SWAC (unless maybe Prairie View).

Comment

• I have long felt there should be a special sarcasm font.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

I have long felt there should be a special sarcasm font.
            That's a billion dollar idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post

So...Northern Arizona, Southern Utah, Dixie State, Tarleton, Cal Davis, Cal Poly, Northern Colorado....and one other? I'm liking it! Wish that last could be WT!
              Those are some long trips (1,600 miles to Davis, CA.: 1,500 miles to Cal Poly). I remember playing Davis in the 90s and 00s in the POs a couple of times. I'm guessing making those trips a few times a year for the various teams (FB, VB, BB, etc) gets to be quite pricey. I guess it's all part of the budgeting involved. I guess its no different than the trips we've been scheduling with GNAC except we don't have to make them for all sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Oh please not the SWAC (unless maybe Prairie View).
                I don't see SWAC defections happening. Already in a conference of similar schools.

Comment

And there we have reached an impasse.
                  Mainly because of facial expressions

Comment

I don't see SWAC defections happening. Already in a conference of similar schools.
                    There is a PVAMU fan on the FCS board that echos Gymrats' statement that the TAMU System wants better athletic presence for its system. UT System has Austin, Arlington, SA, UTEP all in D1 FBS Conferences while TAMU just has College Station. PV and Corpus are the other D1 schools but could some of the others move up and draw attention to the system.

He even goes so far as to say PV is poised to have a stadium expansion north of 30,000 in preparation for a move to FBS.

Maybe a change is coming
                    Tarleton State Texan
                    Texas State Bobcat

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

There is a PVAMU fan on the FCS board that echos Gymrats' statement that the TAMU System wants better athletic presence for its system. UT System has Austin, Arlington, SA, UTEP all in D1 FBS Conferences while TAMU just has College Station. PV and Corpus are the other D1 schools but could some of the others move up and draw attention to the system.

He even goes so far as to say PV is poised to have a stadium expansion north of 30,000 in preparation for a move to FBS.

Maybe a change is coming
                      Meant to the WAC, but honestly didn't expect that. Guess the mothership seriously wants a D1 presence.

Comment

Mainly because of facial expressions
                        My poker face is impeccable.

Comment

Meant to the WAC, but honestly didn't expect that. Guess the mothership seriously wants a D1 presence.

Comment

My poker face is impeccable.
                            I've heard the same of mine. Strangely I don't play poker.

yeah, the UT-A&M game needs to return. They can easily make it work.

Comment

Texas Southern has openly said they would like to join the Southland.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Texas Southern has openly said they would like to join the Southland.
                                If the fans have anything to say about it, then Sam would bolt out of the SLC if Texas Suffrin' moved into the conference. Strength of schedule has been a killer for SHSU as well as the other playoff qualifiers for years since Lamar, ACU, IWU, and HBU joined. Last year was the first season where those schools weren't the cellar dwellers of the conference. The SLC is on the upswing with football competition from top to bottom, but too many shakeups could put it back to being the laughing stock of the FCS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X