Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    He sounds very vague in all his answers. Not straight at all. I dislike that immensely.

Tarleton should have company REAL soon. No doubt WT is the next to go.
    Yeah, WT will go back to D1 when Barron Trump is President.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Chicago State and UM - Kansas City don't know what to do with all of the national PR they've gotten as WAC members!
      Ha!! I was talking football. More people across the country will actually know Tarleton exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by texas observer View Post
        Something is afoot I hope. I was looking at past histories of conference alignment for LSC schools like WT. Border Conference and Missouri Valley. ACU was Southland twice and an Independent for 7 years from late 50's till they joined Southland in the mid 60"s. Never knew that. Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, Southern Utah (which has a recent history of playing Texas FCS schools) and others as FCS football conference with a western slant makes sense. NMSU would go FCS if legislature in Santa Fe dictates they play UNM every year despite affiliation. Basketball is a problem though. The ACU poster may know something because ACU has played Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and has a series coming up with Southern Utah. The difference in time zones is a killer though. Number one complaint of TCU in the Mountain West.
        I love the LSC and it's history but you do not need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. SLC schools have much more national name ID by the way. That doesn't mean you need to join them but SFA barley losing to Notre Dame in sweet 16, Nichols beating Big 12 schools, just to name a few. Come on man.
        Tarleton beating SFA, not a national story even though they can compete right now in SLC. You don't want to go to Thibodaux La. if you can help it except to eat.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Sorry to burst your bubble. The SLC is a regional conference that the majority of the country could not name three schools in the conference.
            The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:

Big Sky Conference
            Colonial Athletic Conference
            Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
            Missouri Valley Conference
            Northeast Conference
            Ohio Valley Conference
            Patriot League
            Pioneer League
            Southern Conference
            SWAC

Comment

• Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:

Big Sky Conference
              Northeast Conference
              Ohio Valley Conference
              Patriot League
              Pioneer League
              Southern Conference
              SWAC
              I am not cheating...

Montana State, Montana, Idaho, Idaho State

James Madison, William & Mary, Delaware (?)

Nc A&T, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman

NDSU, Southern Illinois, Illinois State

Oh crap...ummm, Central Conn St,

Eastern Ky, Jax St, Austin Peay

Bucknell, Lehigh, Lafayette

E Tenn St, W Caro, Wofford

Drake, Butler, San Diego

Campbell, Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern

PVA&M, Tx Southern, Alabama St

How'd I do? Northeast kicked my tail

Comment

I could. Easily. But I'm not an average fan. I could tell you most of their nicknames and colors too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post

I am not cheating...

Montana State, Montana, Idaho, Idaho State

James Madison, William & Mary, Delaware (?)

Nc A&T, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman

NDSU, Southern Illinois, Illinois State

Oh crap...ummm, Central Conn St,

Eastern Ky, Jax St, Austin Peay

Bucknell, Lehigh, Lafayette

E Tenn St, W Caro, Wofford

Drake, Butler, San Diego

Campbell, Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern

PVA&M, Tx Southern, Alabama St

How'd I do? Northeast kicked my tail
                  You get awarded today's participation award. Do you want a ribbon or one of those cheap imported from China plastic trophy things?

Comment

Big Sky Conference
                    Northeast Conference
                    Ohio Valley Conference
                    Patriot League
                    Pioneer League
                    Southern Conference
                    SWAC
                    But some of those conferences field good basketball teams. And that is why they have FCS football so they can get the checks from the TV revenue and of course the chance to go through March madness or the NIT.

Comment

• One of the best schools in the country. Especially for healthcare administration. Top 3 nationally.

Comment

Big Sky Conference
                        Northeast Conference
                        Ohio Valley Conference
                        Patriot League
                        Pioneer League
                        Southern Conference
                        SWAC

Comment

• The WAC still has memories of being a quality basketball conference.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The WAC still has memories of being a quality basketball conference.
                            ... and we still have memories of being a national powerhouse in football for 40 years. What's that worth in today's world?

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

You get awarded today's participation award. Do you want a ribbon or one of those cheap imported from China plastic trophy things?
                              Buffdad seems like the type that would be happy with one of these.

Comment

Buffdad seems like the type that would be happy with one of these.
                                Can i get one?
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X