X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
      I told you so...

Southland is going away.... WT will receive an invite so will Sam Houston, SFA, UTRGV, Northern Colorado, New Mexico State.
      NMST is not at all interested in dropping to d1aa football, despite the fact that they should, as should UNM.....
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Ryan Reynolds

@RPRTalks
        BREAKING: Tarleton State is making the jump to Division I and will join the WAC next season. Tarleton Football will play in the FCS as an independent, per
        @asuradiovoice
        later confirmed by
        @LoneStarConf
        It says confirmed by the LSC. But I haven't seen anything from the school, the LSC, or the WAC yet.

Comment

I hope WT really thought this through. WT is geographically isolated and if more schools from the LSC leave then that leaves WT and the few schools left in a bad position as far as football is concerned. I think WT and ENMU could join the RMAC but the scheduling alliance with the GNAC for the LSC is almost a necessity now.

Comment

I told you so...

Southland is going away.... WT will receive an invite so will Sam Houston, SFA, UTRGV, Northern Colorado, New Mexico State.
            Why would Sam Houston and SFA join? Why not look at ACU and another D2 call up?

Comment

I'm going the opposite way since WT said no. Our closest school would be UTRGV.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                I hope WT really thought this through. WT is geographically isolated and if more schools from the LSC leave then that leaves WT and the few schools left in a bad position as far as football is concerned. I think WT and ENMU could join the RMAC but the scheduling alliance with the GNAC for the LSC is almost a necessity now.
                WT ENMU and WesternNM, probably along with UTPB

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Why would Sam Houston and SFA join? Why not look at ACU and another D2 call up?
                  Just going off of a conversation and what I remember. ACU might have been mentioned as well.

As as far as the comment about NMSU... they want to drop down.

Comment

Just going off of a conversation and what I remember. ACU might have been mentioned as well.

Just seems odd to me. Then again so did Tarleton to the WAC but here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Just seems odd to me. Then again so did Tarleton to the WAC but here we are.
                      Conference doesn't need them... Tarleton secures a market player in the Metroplex.... Abilene is, well, Abilene.

Comment

everything i have heard about NMSU is they will never drop... that rivalry with UNM is real, and a drop would in the minds and eyes of NMSU alumn be admitting defeat... alot of politics involved in that, and by that i mean at the Roundhouse level, NMSU dropping to FCS is outside the sphere of the Regents there, there are state Reps that have alot of influence in that decision.

There may be some at NMSU that want to drop, but whether they have the support of power to do so is another thing all together.....

Comment

Comment

Conference doesn't need them... Tarleton secures a market player in the Metroplex.... Abilene is, well, Abilene.
                            At least a rivalry would come back. Time will tell. On ye Tarleton. Also, minus WT and NMSU, who would be number 7? Haven't heard anything about UTRGV football becoming more than a hypothetical.
                            Last edited by Vulpes88; 09-30-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

HERE YA GO....

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Comment

I know Dixie State is moving to FCS as well, will they be part of the WAC?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X