Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

I know Dixie State is moving to FCS as well, will they be part of the WAC?
    Yes they announced earlier this year they are joining the WAC

Comment

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...le_preview_img

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

I know Dixie State is moving to FCS as well, will they be part of the WAC?
        In everything but football

Comment

This thread is way more interesting than Bengals / Steelers...will the LSC add another team? I hear Kingsville is pushing to add Sul Ross, J/k....:)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Ryan Reynolds

@RPRTalks
              BREAKING: Tarleton State is making the jump to Division I and will join the WAC next season. Tarleton Football will play in the FCS as an independent, per
              @asuradiovoice
              later confirmed by
              @LoneStarConf
              UNLV needs to join the WAC too. Especially after that s it show up in WY the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

WT declined any interest.
                I wonder when all of this shakes out if WT will look the smarter or the dumber for passing on this?!?!

im sure Herb Street has an opinion on this topic

Comment

Well, I can tell you I am a bit surprised. My sources were NOT correct in what they told me and I was wrong as well. I guess posters were right, its all about Tarleton's MBB not football.

I was told big daddy TAMU shot the D1 move down.

I need new freaking sources. HAHA 7070707

I guess congrats to TSU? Sad for the football program but happy for the other programs.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                    I told you so...

Southland is going away.... WT will receive an invite so will Sam Houston, SFA, UTRGV, Northern Colorado, New Mexico State.
                    I hope you're right about that.. I don't see SHSU or SFA leaving the SLC unless the Southland is truly a sinking ship. For Tarleton.... I just don't see why you alienate your fanbase by choosing a conference where the closest opponent is 434 miles away (UTRGV). Seems more of a power grab by the AD than a true strategic move for the university. If you're right (and thus far you have been) and some of the Texas SLC schools jump ship, then it makes much more logistical sense.

There aren't and never will be any rivalries with Dixie State, New Mexico State, or Northern Colorado. But if ACU, SHSU, and SFA make them move, then I can get a little bit more on board with this move.

Plus, if SHSU moves, then I get the Kats in town once every couple of years!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

They've looked into it.
                      Yes. Mack Brown was appointed to head a special committee down there after he left UT to "study" the formation of a football program. The report was released in August 2018 and not much has been said to date about when and if they will get the program started. I know one thing for sure IF UTRGV gets on board, the sense of urgency to improve our non sense in Kingsville better be put on maximum overdrive. You would have brand new facilities for football and probably other sports to the south of us as UTRGV is due for a massive update to their current field house and other athletic infrastructure. And UTSA is getting ready to spend a bunch of money to north of us on their football program for on campus training facilities and a new basketball arena and other athletic venues. Come to think about if I'm A&M Corpus Christi, this might be the right time to follow through on their study to bring football to Corpus Christi. Why the heck not?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Well, I can tell you I am a bit surprised. My sources were NOT correct in what they told me and I was wrong as well. I guess posters were right, its all about Tarleton's MBB not football.

I was told big daddy TAMU shot the D1 move down.

I need new freaking sources. HAHA 7070707

I guess congrats to TSU? Sad for the football program but happy for the other programs.

Comment

TSU joining the WAC makes about as much sense as Chip buying a smart car. One mega f@rt and the doors will blow off.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                            TSU joining the WAC makes about as much sense as Chip buying a smart car. One mega f@rt and the doors will blow off.
                            You mad bro? lol

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

I hope you're right about that.. I don't see SHSU or SFA leaving the SLC unless the Southland is truly a sinking ship. For Tarleton.... I just don't see why you alienate your fanbase by choosing a conference where the closest opponent is 434 miles away (UTRGV). Seems more of a power grab by the AD than a true strategic move for the university. If you're right (and thus far you have been) and some of the Texas SLC schools jump ship, then it makes much more logistical sense.

There aren't and never will be any rivalries with Dixie State, New Mexico State, or Northern Colorado. But if ACU, SHSU, and SFA make them move, then I can get a little bit more on board with this move.

Plus, if SHSU moves, then I get the Kats in town once every couple of years!
                              I would love it if WT, Sam, SFA, and Tarleton met up in the same conference. Still in the early stages, and ALOT of things could happen between now and when the dust settles.

Comment

I do recall the WAC having a meeting last year about bringing back football at the FCS level. If UTRGV does sponsor football they want to be at the FBS level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X