Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

Conference doesn't need them... Tarleton secures a market player in the Metroplex.... Abilene is, well, Abilene.
    The metroplex media doesn't care about Tarleton sports. Outside of the info on the Tarleton Fort Worth campus, when have you seen anything in the Star-Telegram about Tarleton sports? Five months ago, it had a story that mentioned Speed being taken in the fifth round, but it was written from the a North Crowley angle. This doesn't give any conference a "metroplex" market player.

As far as the SLC, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. And as someone said above, NMState isn't going to drop down when the rivalry with NMU is so strong and the money at the FBS level is so much better than FCS?

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Wow., I guess we need to win the whole damn thing this year.
        Tarleton State Texan
        Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

I hope you're right about that.. I don't see SHSU or SFA leaving the SLC unless the Southland is truly a sinking ship. For Tarleton.... I just don't see why you alienate your fanbase by choosing a conference where the closest opponent is 434 miles away (UTRGV). Seems more of a power grab by the AD than a true strategic move for the university. If you're right (and thus far you have been) and some of the Texas SLC schools jump ship, then it makes much more logistical sense.

There aren't and never will be any rivalries with Dixie State, New Mexico State, or Northern Colorado. But if ACU, SHSU, and SFA make them move, then I can get a little bit more on board with this move.

Plus, if SHSU moves, then I get the Kats in town once every couple of years!
          I too question If the SLC is going to implode. It has a long history. SFA is near the Lousiana border and has a rivalry with Northwestern State. Cant see them giving it up any more than I can see Lamar giving up on McNeese.

The question for me is if Abilene and Incarnate Word will want to move over. UIW supposedly moved to D1 because their leadership didnt like the backwater burgs in the LSC. If that is still true, they may want a league with schools near Phoenix, Seattle, SLC, Suburban Los Angeles with in state games against RGV and TSU
          Tarleton State Texan
          Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Last edited by catatonic; 10-01-2019, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Why would Sam Houston and SFA join? Why not look at ACU and another D2 call up?

Comment

Exactly my point. The WAC isn't exactly stable, why leave? Unless the SLC does implode..

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Exactly my point. The WAC isn't exactly stable, why leave? Unless the SLC does implode..

Comment

Very exciting time for TSU. Who knows for sure what is going to happen. I know I have been giving my side of things... there is a lot of haters out there saying this is a bad move, but Lonn and this dept. have been studying this since 2004. They are doing what they believe is in the best interest for the University.

Another note: Tarleton Prez is not done with Athletic Dept. facilities upgrades (and the BOR are going to help). More later.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                      Very exciting time for TSU. Who knows for sure what is going to happen. I know I have been giving my side of things... there is a lot of haters out there saying this is a bad move, but Lonn and this dept. have been studying this since 2004. They are doing what they believe is in the best interest for the University.

Another note: Tarleton Prez is not done with Athletic Dept. facilities upgrades (and the BOR are going to help). More later.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Well, I can tell you I am a bit surprised. My sources were NOT correct in what they told me and I was wrong as well. I guess posters were right, its all about Tarleton's MBB not football.

I was told big daddy TAMU shot the D1 move down.

I need new freaking sources. HAHA 7070707

I guess congrats to TSU? Sad for the football program but happy for the other programs.
                        Football is the only program that has a snowball's chance in hell of competing. Congratulations on having a travel partner of UT-RGV and countless trips to play sports juggernauts of Cal Baptist, Chicago St, CSU Bakersfield, Grand Canyon...
                        While I guess Tarleton gets their wish of being "D1" that is the beginning of the end of them being able to compete at anything more than a conference level in any sport not named football and it will take football a while to get to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                          Football is the only program that has a snowball's chance in hell of competing. Congratulations on having a travel partner of UT-RGV and countless trips to play sports juggernauts of Cal Baptist, Chicago St, CSU Bakersfield, Grand Canyon...
                          While I guess Tarleton gets their wish of being "D1" that is the beginning of the end of them being able to compete at anything more than a conference level in any sport not named football and it will take football a while to get to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            Well said.

Comment

He'll be angry come about 10 PM Saturday.

Edit: Possibly earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

He'll be angry come about 10 PM Saturday.

Edit: Possibly earlier.
                                I'll be there. Should be a good game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X